Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Cage Hell (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Okay, is this any better? (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=14600)

Dnyce 05-13-2010 11:37 AM

:lol

this is how upset you should be if he had a 64 1/2 mustang and put those same lights on it.

AL's version is no more "iconic/dont destroy fords design" than a honda civic or toyota corrolla. get over it.

Captain Morgan 05-13-2010 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avatard (Post 372109)
Yes, in case you didn't catch it, I identified that fact that both modifications had to do with iconic cars. I'm aware that others didn't like me doing it (in the rendering I submitted previously), and I'm also pointing out why so many people (myself included) don't like the non-stock tail lights, and yes, it's for the same reason, and yes I'm aware.

But...how am I a hypocrite, however? Can you explain that?

So, if you're aware that people didn't like your design because you were "tinkering" with an iconic car, (but you were able to cast away their arguments for that reason), and you're aware that you don't like Lon changing the Mustang lights because they're iconic, and you're aware those issues are the same, how can you not be aware of the hypocrisy?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Morgan (Post 372203)
So, if you're aware that people didn't like your design because you were "tinkering" with an iconic car, (but you were able to cast away their arguments for that reason), and you're aware that you don't like Lon changing the Mustang lights because they're iconic, and you're aware those issues are the same, how can you not be aware of the hypocrisy?

Taste. You forgot taste. People have different tastes.

:db:

Some changes to iconic cars I like - others I don't; it boils down to taste (and perhaps how far the mod strays from the original).

Also, "frenching in" a light with a cover, and replacing a light with a completely different one IS different....AND a matter of taste.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dnyce (Post 372190)
:lol

this is how upset you should be if he had a 64 1/2 mustang and put those same lights on it.

AL's version is no more "iconic/dont destroy fords design" than a honda civic or toyota corrolla. get over it.

It's not my car, if he likes it like that; fine.

He asked for opinions. I think it's a really nice looking car; classy. I think there's only two details that "cheapen" the classic looks of such a clean, classy car, and I expressed what those two things were, and why I thought they "cheapened" the appearance of the car, IMHO:

1) Bug Shields are often on recreational vehicles, not sports cars.

2) Clear LED lights are associated with Honda/Import cars, and are generally thought to be visually incongruous with muscle cars.

If AL is happy with the car as it sits, my opinion shouldn't faze him, or I can't imagine why he even asked others for their opinion. Nonetheless, he seems to have taken issue with my opinion, so I'm getting a little tired of defending it (I shouldn't have to), as I'm sure AL is tired of hearing it.

:beath:

Amber Lamps 05-13-2010 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avatard (Post 372262)
It's not my car, if he likes it like that; fine.

He asked for opinions. I think it's a really nice looking car; classy. I think there's only two details that "cheapen" the classic looks of such a clean, classy car, and I expressed what those two things were, and why I thought they "cheapened" the appearance of the car, IMHO:

1) Bug Shields are often on recreational vehicles, not sports cars.

2) Clear LED lights are associated with Honda/Import cars, and are generally thought to be visually incongruous with muscle cars.

If AL is happy with the car as it sits, my opinion shouldn't faze him, or I can't imagine why he even asked others for their opinion. Nonetheless, he seems to have taken issue with my opinion, so I'm getting a little tired of defending it (I shouldn't have to), as I'm sure AL is tired of hearing it.

:beath:

Um I didn't ask for general opinions, I merely asked if these tails look better than the tails that came on the car when I bought it. I certainly didn't ask to be demeaned and insulted in the manner that you displayed. You could have told me that you didn't like them without being so rude. I defended your right to your opinion, just not the way you presented it. I am fully aware of the tendency to beat down anyone that posts something personal on this forum, believe me.

Nah dude, if it came off that way, I apologize. Like I said, I just thought those two things hurt [cheapened] the look of an otherwise VERY nice ride...that's all, and again; only in my opinion, which is only worth what you consider it to be.

:idk:

Amber Lamps 05-13-2010 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avatard (Post 372290)
Nah dude, if it came off that way, I apologize. Like I said, I just thought those two things hurt [cheapened] the look of an otherwise VERY nice ride...that's all, and again; only in my opinion, which is only worth what you consider it to be.

:idk:

Apology accepted...Dude, you said my car was "Pep Boys" and "KMart", how else would one take that?:lol: Not positive affiliations to say the least...:wink:

shmike 05-13-2010 04:48 PM

Unless you like Pep Boys and K-mart. :idk:

Captain Morgan 05-13-2010 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avatard (Post 372222)
Taste. You forgot taste. People have different tastes.

:db:

Some changes to iconic cars I like - others I don't; it boils down to taste (and perhaps how far the mod strays from the original).

Also, "frenching in" a light with a cover, and replacing a light with a completely different one IS different....AND a matter of taste.

Oh, so it's not hypocrisy as long as it's a matter of taste? I guess I deserve the dunce hat for not knowing that. And I imagine it's also not hypocrisy to criticize someone for asking for an opinion but not liking that opinion and defending their position, even though you did the same thing. And I suppose changing tail lights and "frenching" in headlights is completely different, with one being allowed on an iconic car and the other not "looking right" on a different iconic car. Yeah, that can't be hypocrisy either because it has to fall into the taste category.

Maybe you're the one that needs to sit in the corner.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amber Lamps (Post 372294)
Apology accepted...Dude, you said my car was "Pep Boys" and "KMart", how else would one take that?:lol: Not positive affiliations to say the least...:wink:

Not the Car, dude, you missed my point. I said those lights looked K-mart [on an otherwise clean looking car]. I meant they cheapened the car [meaning the car was too classy for those cheap lights, and that rather utilitarian looking bug guard].

I like the car, I told you I liked it when you got it.

:shrug: