Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Street (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Well....It happened (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=3113)

Katherine 11-11-2008 09:34 AM

Aw, Rider. I'm sorry to read all of this. You love riding. Are you sure about giving it up?

Rider 11-11-2008 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katherine (Post 93137)
Aw, Rider. I'm sorry to read all of this. You love riding. Are you sure about giving it up?

I don't know yet. Really. I keep thinking that if I had tumbled another 2 feet further, it would have been my head or chest under the wheel of the truck and not my leg. I got real lucky. I have 2 kids to think about.

The thing about it is. There was NOTHING I could have done differently that could have avoided that accident. I did everything right but shit just happens. Had I been screwing around or even just speeding, I could chalk it up to a dumb mistake. This was no mistake on my part. I have all winter to think about it though.

marko138 11-11-2008 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 93097)
Yeah I had knee problems before I even started riding on the street. Now I don't know, I cant hardly bend my knee at all without pain. When a dump truck rolls over your leg it fucks your shit up. If I was going to buy something right now... It would probably be a motard or a VFR800. Something a little more upright and comfortable. I wouldn't rule out a Buell street fighter either.

You always think about hanging it up after a crash. My shitty low side gave me the same thoughts. Heal up...see how it feels...then think about it again. The toughest part is waiting a long time to get back on the bike. The sooner you can get back on the better.

The first time I crashed I didn't ride again for 3 months. The first ride was tough. The low side I had a month ago wasn't as bad....as soon as my parts came in I rode again...only a two and a half week lay off.

Ducati Diva 11-11-2008 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 93097)
Yeah I had knee problems before I even started riding on the street. Now I don't know, I cant hardly bend my knee at all without pain. When a dump truck rolls over your leg it fucks your shit up. If I was going to buy something right now... It would probably be a motard or a VFR800. Something a little more upright and comfortable. I wouldn't rule out a Buell street fighter either.

Even with knee probs you don't have to give up riding. You may need to go to a more cruiser oriented bike but not have to stop all together. Good luck I hope you feel better soon!

PhiSig1071 11-11-2008 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 93145)
The thing about it is. There was NOTHING I could have done differently that could have avoided that accident. I did everything right but shit just happens. Had I been screwing around or even just speeding, I could chalk it up to a dumb mistake. This was no mistake on my part. I have all winter to think about it though.

That kind of wreck is a one in a million occurrence, so the chances of another wreck where you have done nothing wrong and it still reaches up and bites you are pretty slim. That having been said, riding is risky, and always will be.

Katherine 11-11-2008 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 93145)
I don't know yet. Really. I keep thinking that if I had tumbled another 2 feet further, it would have been my head or chest under the wheel of the truck and not my leg. I got real lucky. I have 2 kids to think about.

I know what you're going through. Have you thought about the track more and street less?

Rider 11-11-2008 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katherine (Post 93157)
I know what you're going through. Have you thought about the track more and street less?

That could be an option. :idk:

Katherine 11-11-2008 09:50 AM

After riding with you in Indy, I think you'd be great on the track. It'll satisfy that riding need and can do it with the most amount of precaution. People still get hurt out there, but it's usually due to their own errors.

the chi 11-11-2008 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katherine (Post 93163)
After riding with you in Indy, I think you'd be great on the track. It'll satisfy that riding need and can do it with the most amount of precaution. People still get hurt out there, but it's usually due to their own errors.

The woman spouts truth!! I know several people these days that save most of their riding for the track and are happy doing so.

azoomm 11-11-2008 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katherine (Post 93163)

And, it's much more controlled. Meaning, if there is injury to body or bike it is usually managed.

I don't want to paint the picture that nothing will happen at the track... but the likelyhood of outside forces causing something is much more slim.

I'm sorry your brain is into such a spin. Heal well, heal quickly and completely. THEN, make decisions. Don't ever decide anything until you are well.