Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Beginner's End (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   When I'm Right I'm Right!!! (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=10839)

marko138 10-07-2009 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gas Man (Post 275270)
WOW I am on the edge of my seat waiting to here the outcome....

I bet.

tommymac 10-07-2009 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 275276)
I bet.

I guess hes having a slow day then :lol:

Tom

marko138 10-07-2009 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 275289)
I guess hes having a slow day then :lol:

Tom

Obviously. :lol:

tommymac 10-07-2009 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 275296)
Obviously. :lol:

Must be realy slow because I am bored to death here and am not on the edge of my seat on this one, hell I wasnt even bored enough to read the previous 9 pages :lol:

Tom

derf 10-07-2009 10:21 AM

Yeh I completely missed teh rest of this thread after page 1, keep the updates coming

Amber Lamps 10-07-2009 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azoomm (Post 275221)
I was always curious who was actually sending these people money to keep them running scams. I mean, if they didn't get anyone - they would go away, right?

Wire transfer should have tipped anyone off. Hopefully she gets her money back... it's an expensive lesson. Didn't State Farm run the VIN?

If I had known about the wire transfer, I would have freaked out but I didn't until after the deed was done. You guys have to remember that she doesn't live with me and I'm not her Daddy. We go days at a time without seeing each other.

I don't know, if it's a legitimate vin then State Farm will write a policy, right? I could go to the dealer and write down a vin and put insurance on every bike there if I wanted. Heck, I could call Allstate right now and put insurance on your bike if I have the vin....:idk:

Amber Lamps 10-07-2009 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shmike (Post 275228)
I hope the bike arrives at her door. :lol:

No chance of that! EBay emailed her that they have found the site and broken the link to EBay. Even after the "sale", when she clicked the link, it took her to the actual Ebay Motors site...slick! Shit, she got an "email confirmation" from the shipper that the bike is en route and would be here tomorrow between 12 and 4 pm...slick! Again, she was stupid and I should have looked at the deal harder for and asked more questions/got more involved her but....:idk: We've been dating for a few months and her dealings are really none of my business imho...:idk:

Amber Lamps 10-07-2009 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 275300)
Must be realy slow because I am bored to death here and am not on the edge of my seat on this one, hell I wasnt even bored enough to read the previous 9 pages :lol:

Tom

I'm saying! Shit I don't read 2/3 of the threads on this forum period!:lol: So I totally don't blame you!!!

azoomm 10-07-2009 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TIGGER (Post 275395)
If I had known about the wire transfer, I would have freaked out but I didn't until after the deed was done. You guys have to remember that she doesn't live with me and I'm not her Daddy. We go days at a time without seeing each other.

I don't know, if it's a legitimate vin then State Farm will write a policy, right? I could go to the dealer and write down a vin and put insurance on every bike there if I wanted. Heck, I could call Allstate right now and put insurance on your bike if I have the vin....:idk:

Dude, she's a grown up - it's not your "fault" and it shouldn't be your job to tell her how to spend her money.

I just never knew someone that fell for it, that's all. :idk: I mean, who wires money to someone for something sight unseen without actual proof that said object exists? Paypal would even be a stretch for a big dollar object - but, a direct wire transfer?? I shouldn't be in shock - people must do it all the time or there wouldn't be scammers out there continuing to do it.

Amber Lamps 10-07-2009 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azoomm (Post 275677)
Dude, she's a grown up - it's not your "fault" and it shouldn't be your job to tell her how to spend her money.

I just never knew someone that fell for it, that's all. :idk: I mean, who wires money to someone for something sight unseen without actual proof that said object exists? Paypal would even be a stretch for a big dollar object - but, a direct wire transfer?? I shouldn't be in shock - people must do it all the time or there wouldn't be scammers out there continuing to do it.

Yea it's amazing! I guess it's an extension of our current society in a way. I send "money" to companies weekly for products "sight unseen" and hope that they are legit... NOT $4,000 though!!! :lol: I think the problem here is mostly inexperience, to be honest, I've never sent a wire transfer so I don't know exactly how it works as far as if there were any "safeguards"/charge backs. At least not until now anyway... I've never had the need to use them and I have always heard that it's a bad idea. I have to admit that I've sent checks to companies/persons for products back in the day, that can be just as dangerous I guess...:idk: It's a hard lesson that's for sure...