Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   House shopping, you decide. (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=9831)

Trip 08-06-2009 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RACER X (Post 251762)
who's arguing, it's a simple ?, when your son was w/ you. would you rather have lived on "the resort" or a "normal" N-hood w/ a normal house (vs 3000+sq ft)?

and you could afford either.

If you want to play the wishing game.

If I won a 200 million dollar lottery jackpot today. I would buy a huge ass plot of land in the country and build a 1500 sq ft house on it and probably have a 1000 sq ft garage out back. :lol:

What would you do? Build a fucking 100 million dollar home that was like 15000 sq ft?

zed 08-06-2009 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 251768)
If you want to play the wishing game.

If I won a 200 million dollar lottery jackpot today. I would buy a huge ass plot of land in the country and build a 1500 sq ft house on it and probably have a 1000 sq ft garage out back. :lol:

What would you do? Build a fucking 100 million dollar home that was like 15000 sq ft?

there we go, I wouldn't need that big of a house though. think I'd also make my out garage on skids to get around some taxing of permanent buildings.

RACER X 08-06-2009 11:53 AM

trailer park or normal n-hood?

so the answer is n-hood?

Trip 08-06-2009 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RACER X (Post 251770)

so the answer is n-hood?

Why are those the only two options? Why don't you let out in the country away from people be an option? You are skewing the choices so the only option is for people to agree with you. That's fucking retarded. Of course people are going to be forced to pick n-hood if their only other choice is a fucking ghetto. It's a retarded fucking question.

goof2 08-06-2009 11:59 AM

How did this get to be a money/class issue? In his original post shmike said that both houses cost the same.

There are a lot of questions that remain to be answered in order to make an informed decision in this case. I fail to see how cost of the house and the perceived status that comes with it is one of them.

RACER X 08-06-2009 11:59 AM

are you saying trailer parks are ghetto? cuz i didn't.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 251771)
Why are those the only two options? Why don't you let out in the country away from people be an option? You are skewing the choices so the only option is for people to agree with you. That's fucking retarded. Of course people are going to be forced to pick n-hood if their only other choice is a fucking ghetto. It's a retarded fucking question.

pauldun170 08-06-2009 12:03 PM

Since unlike SOME people I do not have a cleaning lady and occasionally ,the fire department to unclog my toilet, huge houses do nothing for me. In the end it's just more space to accumulate crap, more time time spent painting walls, just more time doing everything. Cathedral ceilings are just wasted space thats a bitch to paint.

I would rather a 1400-2000 sq ft house that has a thoughtful layout vs 3000 sq ft of wasted space.

A smallish "meh" house in a great neighborhood beats a grand house in "meh" neighborhood. It's nice taking a stroll around the neighborhood and having neighbors that smile and say hello.

RACER X 08-06-2009 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldun170 (Post 251776)

A smallish "meh" house in a great neighborhood beats a grand house in "meh" neighborhood. It's nice taking a stroll around the neighborhood and having neighbors that smile and say hello.

agreed, and dinner at my neighbors house last nite was GREAT! pulled pork sammichs. and dinner sun night at the others house down the street was pretty dang good too! burgers and hot dogs for the kiddo's.

zed 08-06-2009 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RACER X (Post 251770)

so the answer is n-hood?

the place I lived at in the 5th wheel was great. never any problems with neighbors. it was located out in the country.

it was big enough for our needs. period. didn't want or need anything bigger.

cuttle 08-06-2009 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shmike (Post 251340)
Pros:
HUGE 5 bed / 5 bath 3500+ sq.ft.
HUGE, Incredible yard
3 car garage
Beautiful, gated community

Cons:
High carrying costs (high HOA, big electric, big lawn bills, insurance, etc.)
Less desirable area
45 minute commute

HOA :tremble:

have you checked if you are allowed to park a bike in plain sight?