Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   News Desk (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   HOA vs 90y.o. medal of honor vet over flag (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=12017)

z06boy 12-09-2009 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmall (Post 303671)
if you're the type to throw a ww2 vet under the bus because of an hoa, fuck you and your opinion. You're both equally worthless in my eyes.

Look dumb$hit I said before that I wish that they would change their mind and let this guy have his flag pole. The issue wasn't over the flag it's the fvcking pole. He could have flown the flag all along.

I am a veteran myself and my father is a WWII veteran and I also said I'm glad that they indeed did give in but the fact remains that legally the HOA was not in the wrong.

shmike 12-09-2009 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmall (Post 303676)
And it still stands that you both are equally ignorant of the situation.

Calling somebody "ignorant" doesn't make you any less ignorant.

Answer one question mike, have you seen the contract he signed?

I'm assuming you are speaking to me (not mike, btw).

Your question is loaded and my answer may or may not fulfill your preconceived notions.

I offered to break down the situation as well as my understanding of it and how I arrived at that understanding.

You declined.

Tmall 12-09-2009 11:20 AM

Have you or have you not seen the contract he signed?

When you say no, I will then point out that everything that you've said has been nothing but speculation.

Therefore, you are as equally ignorant as anybody else here to the situation.

Is this wrong? Is this ignorant?

z06boy 12-09-2009 11:58 AM

Ok I didn't really want to bring this up because well I just didn't BUT I will.

I HAVE seen a copy of the neighborhood covenants from where this gentleman lives. Before you with your Johnnie Cochran approach ask :lol:...NO I didn't see the actual copy that he signed but was told that every property owner in the neighborhood signs the exact same documents.

It does not mention flagpoles in particular BUT the HOA like most has an Architectural Committee that has to approve any changes/construction that you do to your property that can be seen from the street or from a neighbor's house.

He did not get approval for this and they have the legal right to not allow it if they so desire. :idk:

I personally wished (saying this for the umpteenth time) that they would just allow the old guy to have his pole and now they have.

Ok why have I seen these documents ? Here is the part I didn't really care to post.

My in-laws also live in Richmond, Va where this is taking place and have a redneck neighbor that loves to fly his Conferate Flag.

Well guess what ? He is ready to do battle with the HOA in his subdivision because some of his neighbors complained about his flag and the HOA sent a letter to him and asked him not to fly it. They didn't demand that he takes it down and I don't even think they can but he's gearing up and has been paying attention to this other issue since it's local and also in the national news.

That's all I got.

Next...

Papa_Complex 12-09-2009 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by z06boy (Post 303700)
Well guess what ? He is ready to do battle with the HOA in his subdivision because some of his neighbors complained about his flag and the HOA sent a letter to him and asked him not to fly it. They didn't demand that he takes it down and I don't even think they can but he's gearing up and has been paying attention to this other issue since it's local and also in the national news.

That's all I got.

Next...

And now they likely can't. Door open; walk through.

goof2 12-09-2009 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papa_Complex (Post 303708)

Only if they are in the same neighborhood. I saw they were in the same town, but not the same neighborhood. If the case had gone to court it would be different, but as it stands this HOA has only set precedent against itself.

karl_1052 12-09-2009 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmall (Post 303681)
Have you or have you not seen the contract he signed?

When you say no, I will then point out that everything that you've said has been nothing but speculation.

Therefore, you are as equally ignorant as anybody else here to the situation.

Is this wrong? Is this ignorant?

Have you seen the contract he signed?

When you say no, I will then point out that everything you've said has been nothing but speculation.

It is your opinion.:skep:

Homeslice 12-09-2009 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papa_Complex (Post 303708)

Sure they can. Make it clear in the rules that AMERICAN flags are allowed......Not junk like Confederate flags, school flags, etc.

Tmall 12-09-2009 12:19 PM

Don't believe you z06. I only believe facts and things you can prove.

I can say I was there when he signed his contract and made a verbal agreement to allow for the flagpole. It would hold equal weight to you suddenly telling us that you saw the contract. ... 7 pages in. Instead of when it happened.

Tmall 12-09-2009 12:22 PM

Karl, do you have a hard on for me lately?

I never once said I knew everything. I did say, the outcome is in line with my views.

So, told ya so....