Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   News Desk (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Bin laden dead (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=19048)

Porkchop 05-03-2011 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaneman (Post 467702)
It just seemed like a cross between Idiocracy and Team America World Police...only playing out in real life on live TV. We seem to be so easily herded.

Fuck Yeah? :lol

http://www.40kings.de/wp-content/upl..._fuck_yeah.jpg

Trip 05-03-2011 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porkchop (Post 467721)
Fuck Yeah? :lol

This is why the Starship Troopers service = citizenship model is a bad idea.

EpyonXero 05-03-2011 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 467682)
All I get out of this is torture works and no bomb or robot can replace human beings on the ground. I fucking love that it was marchinko's unit that did the job. Only real question left is who plays obama in the blockbuster movie next september? I'm voting denzel

If this was a movie I think Ahmed the Courier would be the real ringleader of Al-Qaida and bin Laden would be in a coma or something. The SEALs bust into the house only to find bin Ladens wives attending him unconcious on his bed. Medical examination and interrogations show that bin Laden has been in a coma for 5 years but papers taken from the house which have operating orders were written in the last month and have what looks like bin Laden's signature... DUN DUN DUN!

Dave 05-03-2011 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EpyonXero (Post 467727)
If this was a movie I think Ahmed the Courier would be the real ringleader of Al-Qaida and bin Laden would be in a coma or something. The SEALs bust into the house only to find bin Ladens wives attending him unconcious on his bed. Medical examination and interrogations show that bin Laden has been in a coma for 5 years but papers taken from the house which have operating orders were written in the last month and have what looks like bin Laden's signature... DUN DUN DUN!

That's the direct to video sequel. I've little doubt a modern day triumph of the will is days away from principal photography. Just in time to bolster the election efforts

the chi 05-03-2011 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EpyonXero (Post 467727)

]

:lol: Wasnt that an episode of NCIS?

I dunno, other than some skepticism, all I feel is grief for the folks killed in 9/11 and those who lost ppl, as well as all the soldiers we've lost. There's no real "woohoo, we got the bastard" feeling. Kind of a "well, it's done now" feeling instead. I too hope that now maybe we can stop this war and focus on getting our country back in shape. We shall see I guess.

azoomm 05-03-2011 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaneman (Post 467694)
So I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say I was one of the only ones watching people gather in the streets to celebrate Bin Laden's death and feeling very sad?

Nope. I'm with you.

smileyman 05-03-2011 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 467724)

Interesting. The earned citizenship model was originally a Roman thing. True their empire only lasted about 3000 years but it was one way of recruiting foreign and domestic troops to their cause. Eventually the hope of citizenship from Rome was replaced by their own generals for rewards of a more meaningful manner, those of estates and wealth...

Homeslice 05-03-2011 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 467724)

If service was a requirement, you'd get a wider variety of people in it. Not just the "fuck yeah" types. So I'm not sure I understand the objection.

Homeslice 05-03-2011 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho (Post 467695)
Translation... "I'll tell you everything you need to know now that I know how uncomfortable you'll make me if I don't."

Or I'll tell you anything to make it stop, because you can't prove it's false.

Trip 05-03-2011 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 467738)
If service was a requirement, you'd get a wider variety of people in it. Not just the "fuck yeah" types. So I'm not sure I understand the objection.

You would have to change the private sector to meet that same requirement or it would fall into the same trap as government programs like NASA. The best and brightest use to want to work for NASA, not anymore. They all go private sector and make shit tons more money there over NASA. The military wouldn't really gain all that much, people would still rather go private sector unless you made special rules for that. Basically America wouldn't be America anymore if we did it and it would still be just as fucked up.