Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Street (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Well....It happened (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=3113)

Amber Lamps 11-12-2008 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 94455)
Thanks for all the moral support guys. :twfix: This is why this place rocks.

I have an appointment to have an MRI done on my left leg. I still have some numbness in my leg and it's not getting any better after a week. My ankle is now turning purple and swelling up and it wasn't injured at all. All the blood is draining from my bruised knee into my ankle. I ran out of pain meds, and I called to see if I could get some more. I'll be picking up some more Vicodin and Flexoril after work.

Oh man,I have been there dude! Whatever you do,stay off that leg and do what you are told by the doctors! Be patient and try to keep your head up Bro! Try not to worry about the "what ifs" and concentrate on the now and the next moment. Be positive!!! You have people that love you and that are there for you. Pull that into yourself and hold it close for support when things get difficult and you will be just fine,I'm sure!

Gas Man 11-14-2008 09:04 PM

Rider... well you have all winter to think it over...

101lifts2 11-14-2008 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebbs15 (Post 85954)
sorry guys... this is NOT ed's fault... it'd be VERY hard to prove he was doing 5mph over the speed limit... the gravel from the recent paving and the cold conditions added to his accident. if those conditions lower the speed limit then there should have been a construction sign lowering the speed limit...

The dude was blocking the road... unless they can tell by a skid mark or what ever, that ed was traveling at a speed greater than 35, the truck driver is at fault. but there's no way they'll be able to tell his speed down to 5mph. shit at least on my bike.... I loose 5mph in an instant by shutting the throttle. so chances are he'd be under 35mph by the time he hit the brakes.

Rider ran into the truck while the truck was in the lane which makes it his fault. Now, whether the cop wants to give him a ticket because of the gravel and wet conditions is up to the cop. I'm not saying he was doing anything wrong, but the truck isn't the one that lost control.

Sorry about the crash dude...you got hella lucky with a truck on your leg...real lucky. Heal up bro...

I lived in MI for 7 years...what city are u in?

ceo012384 11-15-2008 09:45 PM

That is a perfect track bike.

You can buy it back at auction for a couple grand and still have money for track parts and a street bike.

Rider 11-19-2008 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 101lifts2 (Post 98738)
Rider ran into the truck while the truck was in the lane which makes it his fault. Now, whether the cop wants to give him a ticket because of the gravel and wet conditions is up to the cop. I'm not saying he was doing anything wrong, but the truck isn't the one that lost control.

Sorry about the crash dude...you got hella lucky with a truck on your leg...real lucky. Heal up bro...

I lived in MI for 7 years...what city are u in?

The truck was perpendicular to the rode backing into a driveway blocking both lanes of traffic just over the crest of a hill. There was no lose of control is was not being able to stop in time from a vehicle blocking the road over a blid hill.

I'm in Grand Rapids. I grew up in in So Cal though.

Rider 11-19-2008 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceo012384 (Post 99586)
That is a perfect track bike.

You can buy it back at auction for a couple grand and still have money for track parts and a street bike.

I just heard back from the insurance company. Buy back is $2440 and it requires a scrap title since the damage was more than 91% of the value. Scrap title means it is no longer road worthy and can only ever be made into a track bike. It cant be titled for street use.

Doesn't matter to me, I wont buy it back anyway, but come on $9700 worth of damage? I find it hard to believe. But oh well...... That is the insurance companies problem now and not mine.

Oh another good thing is that if I get another bike, they cover the replacement value, so I can get an 09 or left over 08 for free. Otherwise if I just cash out, it just a check for market value of my old bike.

NONE_too_SOFT 11-19-2008 02:05 PM

go for an 09 ed, dew it dew it.

Amber Lamps 11-19-2008 02:07 PM

09 GSXR1000....mmm mmmm good!

Rider 11-19-2008 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT (Post 103553)
go for an 09 ed, dew it dew it.

09 what? CBR? R6? Nothing says I HAVE to get a gixxer, just something equivalent in value. I have all winter to lust over something.

ontwo 11-19-2008 02:11 PM

Go with the GSXR. You know how great that bike was. Why venture into the unknown:idk: