Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Street (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Too old for a sport bike? (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=1593)

Cruzergirl 03-25-2009 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PiZdETS (Post 46998)
Most cruiser riders are nice people. But boring. Usually middle management yes-men, dentists or salesman who like to talk about nothing but football and the weather.

Hey! I am in no way boring!!!! Nor am I middle management, or a man, or a dentist. I hate football. Wait, I do watch the weather channel on occasion even though there is a huge 9 foot sliding glass door beside my television... :lol:

That said, f*ck fitting in! Ride what you like.

Just ride! :) :rockout:

z06boy 03-25-2009 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissHell (Post 185058)
To the original Q - I battled this same thing myself, I felt (still feel it a little) too old for a sportbike. I bought a V-Star, which for a cruiser is a nice bike. It was funny enough to ride, but my heart was never into it.

I've since sold the cruiser and am back on my true love, my R6. :drool:

Maybe down the road, I'll do the cruiser thing again. :idk:

For the record, I am 40. ;)

Yep pretty much went through the same.

I wouldn't mind having a cruiser AND a sportbike but that would mean 4 bikes since the wife also rides...maybe one day. :lol:

If I only have one bike...sportbike it is. :rockout:

Archren 03-25-2009 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 185190)
You're just trying to get in her pant's..... A little woman on woman love. :diitb:

If I swung that way, I'd be all over it. She's a looker. :D

But I don't swing that way, and I'm taken anyway. :nee:

rogue 03-25-2009 11:43 AM

Noone's ever too old to ride a sport bike. I hope to be as active and still riding as much as the old man I used to watch hit the MX track a couple of years ago when I was going. The man was in his 60's, rode a 2-stroke 250 and could launch that fucking bike like it was nothing! Double/triple jumps, clearing a big as table top :panic: ...that dude is awesome! If he can ride MX that hard at that age, then I have high hopes of me riding a sport bike well past that. :dthumb:

MissHell 03-25-2009 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archren (Post 185259)
If I swung that way, I'd be all over it. She's a looker. :D

But I don't swing that way, and I'm taken anyway. :nee:

Right back at ya! :wink: LOL

BTW - thanks for thinking I was 30-ish! :rockwoot:

Rangerscott 03-28-2009 09:37 PM

I wish I could remember where I read that sportbike back position was better for you than cruiser position. I'm guessing cruiser guys slouch.

zed 03-29-2009 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rangerscott (Post 187170)
I wish I could remember where I read that sportbike back position was better for you than cruiser position. I'm guessing cruiser guys slouch.

that article was out many years ago. don't remember where I read it either.

Homeslice 03-29-2009 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rangerscott (Post 187170)

+trillion. Plus the fact that when you're on a sportbike the wind props you up anyway.

Mr Lefty 03-30-2009 09:00 AM

still too old

Fastguy 03-30-2009 11:09 PM

Gregory House like a mofo.