Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Events (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   CF/TWF Rally South (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=3849)

Mr Lefty 01-09-2009 07:12 AM

so what's the estimate for attendance?

cuttle 01-09-2009 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebbs15 (Post 142881)
so what's the estimate for attendance?

I think we should make a better poll (one that includes whores/sheep/ex-wifes).

Maybe a poll who's staying in a hotel or who wants to camp/cabin at TWR

Mr Lefty 01-09-2009 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cuttle (Post 142918)
I think we should make a better poll (one that includes whores/sheep/ex-wifes).

Maybe a poll who's staying in a hotel or who wants to camp/cabin at TWR

well I think this one was to find out who was gonna stay at the place Amorok was organizing...

honestly I could really care less where people are stay'n... as i can't make any for sure plans till at least march...

but just wondered how big a number we'd have show up. seems like a decent amount of interest among the post whore'n :wink: :pwhore2:

rogue 01-09-2009 10:07 AM

I'll be there! :D :D

derf 01-09-2009 04:40 PM

Its looking good for mr but plans wont be definite until I walk out the door.

As far as a good meet spot for the ny/nj folks, there is a rest stop just south of the nj deleware border. Its like a 2hour ride from the outerbridge crossing, is easily accessible from the NJTP, 295, I95, philly, NYC etc... Using google maps you follow the NJTP south just over the deleware memorial bridge, and its just a few miles down the JFK memorail pkwy

tommymac 01-09-2009 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derf (Post 143352)
Its looking good for mr but plans wont be definite until I walk out the door.

As far as a good meet spot for the ny/nj folks, there is a rest stop just south of the nj deleware border. Its like a 2hour ride from the outerbridge crossing, is easily accessible from the NJTP, 295, I95, philly, NYC etc... Using google maps you follow the NJTP south just over the deleware memorial bridge, and its just a few miles down the JFK memorail pkwy

That the one near the harley dealership just over the bridge?
Tom

Sixxxxer 01-10-2009 12:45 AM

Tommymac your In New York??

I'm Def planning on going...Like its almost a goddamn Gurantee I'll be there.

And Like Tommy said...I just didnt wanna ride alone. But It sounds like we got a good eough east coast crew to make the venture down.

Derf...I'm good for a solid 600+...Hell I could most likely do the whole ride in one day...Its saying 12 hours from my place to suches...If I left before sunrise on thursday it would put me there in theory around dinner time that night...but I didnt know when everyone was planning on leaving...Friday or the day before??

tommymac 01-10-2009 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sixxxxer (Post 143511)

And Like Tommy said...I just didnt wanna ride alone. But It sounds like we got a good eough east coast crew to make the venture down.

Derf...I'm good for a solid 600+...Hell I could most likely do the whole ride in one day...Its saying 12 hours from my place to suches...If I left before sunrise on thursday it would put me there in theory around dinner time that night...but I didnt know when everyone was planning on leaving...Friday or the day before??

I am on LI, currently I am just outside NYC, by may I may be a bit further east but no biggie. That rest stop derfs is talking about is about 2.5 hrs from my place. I would like to try to do it in one shot and go straight through.

I am prety flexible with my vacation time so I can leave earlier or later, would prefer earlier, figure we get there thurs night eat, drink a beer then pass out :) then let the fun begin on friday.

Tom

Mr Lefty 01-10-2009 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sixxxxer (Post 143511)

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 143541)
I am on LI, currently I am just outside NYC, by may I may be a bit further east but no biggie. That rest stop derfs is talking about is about 2.5 hrs from my place. I would like to try to do it in one shot and go straight through.

I am prety flexible with my vacation time so I can leave earlier or later, would prefer earlier, figure we get there thurs night eat, drink a beer then pass out :) then let the fun begin on friday.

Tom

REMEMBER that 12hrs... is 12 hrs of RIDING. in a 600 mile day, figure a stop every 150 miles for gas and a stretch probably about 15-30 on average if you grab food. so that's 4 stops and 2hrs...

so if you leave at 5am you'll get there around 7pm at the earliest. just FYI...

tommymac 01-10-2009 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebbs15 (Post 143543)
REMEMBER that 12hrs... is 12 hrs of RIDING. in a 600 mile day, figure a stop every 150 miles for gas and a stretch probably about 15-30 on average if you grab food. so that's 4 stops and 2hrs...

so if you leave at 5am you'll get there around 7pm at the earliest. just FYI...

I am sure we will break the speed limit in a few spots to make up some time :whistle: Stopping every 2 hrs is good in that it breaks up some of the boring parts of the ride. I always look at gettin gto the next big city or something like that. Once I get past baltimore/dc it gets tough as thigs start to get further away. I remember 95 and 85 from our deals gap trips and trips to vir and its some boring ass riding.

Tom