Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   House shopping, you decide. (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=9831)

RACER X 08-06-2009 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 251812)
So you are saying there are NO desireable neighborhoods closer to Houston.......I find that hard to believe. In every major city, there are old, established neighborhoods only a few miles from downtown, where the homes might be smaller but they cost just as much as one of those McMansions 30 miles away, because the neighborhood they're in has always been well-known and in-demand.

sure there are, and they are alot more $ then our mcmansions at $200k. and most are still in crappy school districts. or lofts..... in the same bad school districts.

we call it "white flite" if you don't have kids, and don't go outside much, then the "city" might be for you. but if you wanna raise a family then you move out to teh 'burbs, i thought that was pretty common in most citiees.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shmike (Post 251809)
Neither A nor B is cheap.

They are equally as expensive.

'slices example is exactly what we are talking about. Smaller house, more established neighborhood, closer to "town."

The schools are much better in neighborhood B.

Boca Raton doesn't have an "inner city". :lol:

then B it would b.

whats the HOA $ in B vs A?

unknownroad 08-06-2009 12:56 PM

Quote:

:lol Yeah, but you got lots of OG, straight outta the original Ghetto (Warsaw)

goof2 08-06-2009 12:57 PM

Quote:

Neither A nor B is cheap.

They are equally as expensive.

'slices example is exactly what we are talking about. Smaller house, more established neighborhood, closer to "town."

The schools are much better in neighborhood B.

Being that it is Florida I would try and research which area had the least foreclosures. In my opinion the foreclosure mess is not ever close to being over. I think an area with more foreclosures in the past is more likely to have them in the future.

zed 08-06-2009 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RACER X (Post 251817)
i think there are more distressed sales in the "cheap" houses in tha back then where we're at.

so you're in a neighborhood like us. less desirable live at the bottom of the hill.

zed 08-06-2009 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goof2 (Post 251825)
Being that it is Florida I would try and research which area had the least foreclosures. In my opinion the foreclosure mess is not ever close to being over. I think an area with more foreclosures in the past is more likely to have them in the future.

in FL. I'd find out which place gets hit with the worse weather/property damaging weather. increased insurance cost.

Homeslice 08-06-2009 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HurricaneHeather (Post 251815)
Have you ever been to Houston? :skep:

There is nothing desirable about that whole area. Nothing.

You think Houston is bad, what about Detroit......Google the Palmer Woods neighborhood to see what I'm talking about -- it's within the city limits and it's really nice. Some local broadcasters & politicians live or lived there.

wildchild 08-06-2009 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RACER X (Post 251770)
trailer park or normal n-hood?

so the answer is n-hood?

you can choose to not believe this if you wish. Now keep in mind you and I do the same job for the same length of time. I could easily have either.

given just that choice I would choose the TP. I can't stand subdivisions or their stupid BS rules. Yes parks have rules as well but their not as snooty about them.

but my real choice was of course not offered, I'll take country, w/o neighbors. Thanks

Homeslice 08-06-2009 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RACER X (Post 251820)
sure there are, and they are alot more $ then our mcmansions at $200k. and most are still in crappy school districts. or lofts..... in the same bad school districts.

we call it "white flite" if you don't have kids, and don't go outside much, then the "city" might be for you. but if you wanna raise a family then you move out to teh 'burbs, i thought that was pretty common in most citiees.

seems to me that in these newer McMansion subdivisions, nobody walks down the sidewalk & meets their neighbors, they all just drive home after work and shut the door.

wildchild 08-06-2009 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RACER X (Post 251777)
agreed, and dinner at my neighbors house last nite was GREAT! pulled pork sammichs. and dinner sun night at the others house down the street was pretty dang good too! burgers and hot dogs for the kiddo's.

cheap bastard, if you bought a house you could actually afford you wouldn't have to beg food from the neighbors...................:lol

Yeah I know just kill me now. LOL I couldn't let that one get away.

RACER X 08-06-2009 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 251836)
seems to me that in these newer McMansion subdivisions, nobody walks down the sidewalk & meets their neighbors, they all just drive home after work and shut the door.

it is what you make of it, that can happen in an place.