Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Aftermarket Modding (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Body Kits (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=5177)

MILK 01-13-2009 01:26 PM

Do they have flat black? Oh wait...

jalaan1 01-13-2009 01:56 PM

not bad for the price, i guess.

Carolina 01-13-2009 07:12 PM

at least u won't have a prob finding your ish at a gathering

Amber Lamps 01-13-2009 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by r!der (Post 144926)
+ LED Lights and lots of chrome?

Well,I paint the letters on my tires AND I have LEDs on it...no chrome tho' I do have lots of carbon fiber... I guess not everyone was born with the impeccable taste that you all exhibit. Hey,I was just passing on some info that I thought was interesting. $300+ for a full set of fairings doesn't sound that bad to me. BTW I didn't have to modify my set too much,shit I had to work on the CF front fender I got from Suzuki a lot more to get it to line up right. To buy new factory plastics and have them decaled and painted to match any of these kits would cost well over $2000. Heck,some body shops here wanted almost $500 just to paint my tank to match in solid white. Oh well,to each his/her own.

azoomm 01-13-2009 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TIGGER (Post 145223)
Well,I paint the letters on my tires AND I have LEDs on it...no chrome tho' I do have lots of carbon fiber... I guess not everyone was born with the impeccable taste that you all exhibit. Hey,I was just passing on some info that I thought was interesting. $300+ for a full set of fairings doesn't sound that bad to me. BTW I didn't have to modify my set too much,shit I had to work on the CF front fender I got from Suzuki a lot more to get it to line up right. To buy new factory plastics and have them decaled and painted to match any of these kits would cost well over $2000. Heck,some body shops here wanted almost $500 just to paint my tank to match in solid white. Oh well,to each his/her own.

From what I have witnessed - $300 is a you-get-what-you-pay-for situation. They SHATTER upon slight bump to anything (one person I know had that happen when a car door hit it in a parking lot).

So, it's alright if you want to change the look of your bike from time to time to time. Of course, with the ill fitting mis-aligned holes it might take you the same amount of time to paint what you have. But, hey... was it taste you were questioning?

I'm one that believes unless you actually earned the sponsorship, you shouldn't be a rolling billboard. FWIW - your body shop quote is WAY overpriced. But then, you know that.

:dthumb:

Amber Lamps 01-13-2009 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azoomm (Post 145239)
From what I have witnessed - $300 is a you-get-what-you-pay-for situation. They SHATTER upon slight bump to anything (one person I know had that happen when a car door hit it in a parking lot).

So, it's alright if you want to change the look of your bike from time to time to time. Of course, with the ill fitting mis-aligned holes it might take you the same amount of time to paint what you have. But, hey... was it taste you were questioning?

I'm one that believes unless you actually earned the sponsorship, you shouldn't be a rolling billboard. FWIW - your body shop quote is WAY overpriced. But then, you know that.

:dthumb:

What? I didn't have "ill fitment or misaligned holes". There are quite a few companys that sell these kits and some are better than others. Oh and I quoted exactly what I was told,I did get a shop to do it for $150,so alls well that ends well,but that doesn't change anything. I personally know guys that have paid well over 2k just for a paint job on a bike,so I don't know what the fuck you are blathering on about. Shit,I bet a vinyl shop would hit you for about $200 just for the stickers. As far as sponsorship goes,I can imagine you in a Abercrombie and Fitch T-Shirt,do they sponsor you? Of course not,you use their products,don't you think that they WANT you to advertise this fact? Almost every sticker on my bike,I use their products on or in the bike so nyah,nyah,nyah! Just for that,I hope that Obama raises your taxes you elitist pig!

azoomm 01-13-2009 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TIGGER (Post 145247)
Just for that,I hope that Obama raises your taxes you elitist pig!

:rofl:

You type that like you hurt my feelings...

Amber Lamps 01-14-2009 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azoomm (Post 145253)
:rofl:

You type that like you hurt my feelings...

Ahhh...I shot my load on the other thread about the PLO bitch and didn't have anything left for you...:sorry:

Dnyce 01-14-2009 03:23 AM

300+ for the fairings, 225 to ship. then you have to get the tank painted to match. thats alot in my opinion to have shit not line up perfectly-not personal exp, just what i've repeatedly repeatedly heard. id rather just get it painted instead of copying someone elses scheme. sounds like the final price would be the same....the race replicas, while not my style, do look nice, but the "custom" painted ones are crappy designs imo

marko138 01-14-2009 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TIGGER (Post 145247)
What? I didn't have "ill fitment or misaligned holes". There are quite a few companys that sell these kits and some are better than others. Oh and I quoted exactly what I was told,I did get a shop to do it for $150,so alls well that ends well,but that doesn't change anything. I personally know guys that have paid well over 2k just for a paint job on a bike,so I don't know what the fuck you are blathering on about. Shit,I bet a vinyl shop would hit you for about $200 just for the stickers. As far as sponsorship goes,I can imagine you in a Abercrombie and Fitch T-Shirt,do they sponsor you? Of course not,you use their products,don't you think that they WANT you to advertise this fact? Almost every sticker on my bike,I use their products on or in the bike so nyah,nyah,nyah! Just for that,I hope that Obama raises your taxes you elitist pig!

I love how you get so wound up when someone takes a shit on your deal. It's very comical.