Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Street (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Too old for a sport bike? (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=1593)

Rider 05-30-2008 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 46843)
You're an old bastard. Time to buy a cruiser you old buzzard.

Thanks fucker.. I can always count on you... :lol:

marko138 05-30-2008 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 46847)
Thanks fucker.. I can always count on you... :lol:

I can't kiss your ass like all these other gang bangers.

neebelung 05-30-2008 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 46843)
You're an old bastard. Time to buy a cruiser you old buzzard.

:dvrofl:

OneSickPsycho 05-30-2008 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neebelung (Post 46821)
Your wife is a tool. End of story.

(Sorry, no disrespect, but seriously, she wants you to buy a bike based on how she thinks you look on it? Get a grip!! :lol:)

There's a guy on our local board who's in his early 70's who still rides sportbikes. Not just rides, but collects and races. He's an incredible rider, and everyone looks up to him; and NO one would ever say he looks "silly" on a sportbike or that he's too old and should get a cruiser.

Get what you love and tell her if she wants a cruiser so badly, she can get one for herself.

True dat... Greyhound is the shit... I saw a pic of him in his AV of him draggin' knee... then I saw a pic of his mug and was like :wtf:... Dude's like 1,000 years old and still kicks ass. Awesome.

Since you're so old, you just have to be really fast. Otherwise it's a mid-life crisis mobile.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 46824)
You are never too old to be a hooligan.

Truth. Everyone should own a streetfighter.

jtemple 05-30-2008 09:11 AM

38 is not old.

You're never too old to ride a sportbike. Too out of shape, maybe. But never too old. If you can't handle riding a sportbike, it's not because of your age. It's because you need to get your fat ass off the couch.

neebelung 05-30-2008 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho (Post 46857)
True dat... Greyhound is the shit... I saw a pic of him in his AV of him draggin' knee... then I saw a pic of his mug and was like :wtf:... Dude's like 1,000 years old and still kicks ass. Awesome.

Since you're so old, you just have to be really fast. Otherwise it's a mid-life crisis mobile.

:werd: Greyhound is amazing. And SUUUUPPPPPPER nice. That guys travels all OVER the place for trackdays (he lives in Texas, but 'hangs out' on the local FL board).

Phenix_Rider 05-30-2008 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 46842)
That's exactly how I feel. But she wants me to ride with the guys that live in my neighborhood. All of them are my age and all of them ride cruisers. The guys I ride with at work all ride sport bikes buy that are all younger too.

SO? Who cares what the old guys ride! You're obviously not an "old guy."

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtemple (Post 46858)
38 is not old.

You're never too old to ride a sportbike. Too out of shape, maybe. But never too old. If you can't handle riding a sportbike, it's not because of your age. It's because you need to get your fat ass off the couch.

Exactly! Now, if you said you were 38, 5', 300 lbs with a triple bypass, and a back brace, then you'd be screwed.

z06boy 05-30-2008 09:47 AM

Your wife is entitled to her opinion BUT I think she's wrong...period.

My wife and I are BOTH older than you and ride sportbikes....and love it !! :rockwoot:

With gear on no one can tell how old you are anyways. :idk: :lol:

Having said this...ok...most sportbike riders are in their 20's it seems so no I don't "hang out" with them when not riding but when on the bike and on the throttle...WGAF...you know ?

If I'm counting correctly (old you know :lol:) I've owned 8 sportbikes and 1 cruiser and am already looking forward to the 2009 R1 and what changes Yamaha may have made. :drool:

Yep...two "geezers" heading out...:rockout:

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/4...MWjly5cNAe3nww

Oh yea...I didn't vote because none of the options were good...you're not too old. :whistle:

One day...when we can swing it we plan to maybe buy two cruisers and KEEP the sportbikes so we can "cruise" with the Harley crowd and "run" with the sportbike crowd.

jalaan1 05-30-2008 10:39 AM

please, i'm 38 and just starting my sportbike career.

OneSickPsycho 05-30-2008 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jalaan1 (Post 46884)
please, i'm 38 and just starting my sportbike career.

You don't look at all like you're 38.