Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Touring (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   2011 Trip (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=15990)

Particle Man 08-13-2010 05:22 PM

f$ck the west.

derf 08-13-2010 05:41 PM

Are you camping or gonna hotel it?

Trip 08-13-2010 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derf (Post 400837)
Are you camping or gonna hotel it?

Both, definitely want to camp in the parks, may hotel some of the shittier destinations or if it's just pouring rain/storm.

Hotel for Vegas definitely.

dReWpY 08-13-2010 06:58 PM

pikes peak is the shit, fwi

Tsunami 08-13-2010 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 400821)
you will have to come party with us or show us where to party

:rockwoot:

Captain Morgan 08-14-2010 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 400840)
Both, definitely want to camp in the parks, may hotel some of the shittier destinations or if it's just pouring rain/storm.

Hotel for Vegas definitely.

From what I was reading online, you can't actually camp in Redwood National Park. But I'm sure there are campsites very close by.

Oh, and talking to my parents about possibly bringing my daughter out and meeting us at the redwoods. My dad won't fly, but I doubt they'd be able to take my daughter on that long of a drive since school isn't out until June 2. He may drive himself, then pick up my mom and daughter at an airport somewhere close by, but on the way there. They would then follow us for a couple days, maybe all the way to yellowstone, then they would head home from there. These are just thoughts, not definites, at this time.

Gas Man 08-14-2010 02:33 PM

Looks good. However, isn't that ending the same time when the TWFix Rally is normally?

And what... no michigan?

Mr Lefty 08-14-2010 05:30 PM

if your staying around Crater Lake... the next night should easily put you in Idaho. unless there is something you want to see. it's only 8hrs from Crater lake to Boise.

to be honest... the best thing about being out in eastern oregon is how remote it is... unless you really wanna camp (which I do... because I used to hunt there as a boy) might as well press on and spend more time at Yellowstone. :2cents:

Captain Morgan 08-14-2010 05:39 PM

Maybe fnfalman can meet up with us for part of the ride if we're going to be near Boise. Didn't he move there?

Trip 08-14-2010 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eBBs15 (Post 401018)
if your staying around Crater Lake... the next night should easily put you in Idaho. unless there is something you want to see. it's only 8hrs from Crater lake to Boise.

to be honest... the best thing about being out in eastern oregon is how remote it is... unless you really wanna camp (which I do... because I used to hunt there as a boy) might as well press on and spend more time at Yellowstone. :2cents:

Not stopping in Boise, bleh. Still going to stop and check out the Steen Mountains. We get a full day in Jellystone.