Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   News Desk (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Marine Scout Snipers and the "Nazi" symbol (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=20952)

Trip 02-10-2012 02:15 PM

Actually, i found a pic of the flag they used, yeah that was an Nazi SS flag font and it was a Nazi SS flag. It wasn't a resemblence, it was a flag that was probably purchased from a pro Nazi website. That isn't just a mistake, that was done on purpose to get that flag there by whoever provided that flag.

derf 02-10-2012 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 505704)
Actually, i found a pic of the flag they used, yeah that was an Nazi SS flag font and it was a Nazi SS flag. It wasn't a resemblence, it was a flag that was probably purchased from a pro Nazi website. That isn't just a mistake, that was done on purpose to get that flag there by whoever provided that flag.

Looks like a nazi flag huh? It is probably taken directly from the nazis after ww2 and made a mascot. I have known plenty of scout snipers who use the SS letters, they are scout snipers thats it nothing more, nothing less. This whole thing is blown way out of proportion.

Incidently I have a certificate of appreciation with those exact SS letters in my look at me book, and that came from another group of marine scout snipers a few years back. I got a tshirt too.

Papa_Complex 02-10-2012 05:27 PM

Does that make you the stereotypical "self-hating Jew"?

derf 02-10-2012 05:31 PM

no, it means that they have used it as an unofficial mascot for years simply because of the SS stands for scout sniper. People need to not get all butt hurt.

Trip 02-10-2012 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derf (Post 505706)
Looks like a nazi flag huh? It is probably taken directly from the nazis after ww2 and made a mascot. I have known plenty of scout snipers who use the SS letters, they are scout snipers thats it nothing more, nothing less. This whole thing is blown way out of proportion.

Incidently I have a certificate of appreciation with those exact SS letters in my look at me book, and that came from another group of marine scout snipers a few years back. I got a tshirt too.

Yeah and you can go buy that exact flag at your friendly skinhead and nazi web store.

Adeptus_Minor 02-10-2012 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derf (Post 505709)
no, it means that they have used it as an unofficial mascot for years simply because of the SS stands for scout sniper. People need to not get all butt hurt.

Dammit, Fred... quit being so reasonable! :lol:

derf 02-10-2012 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 505722)
Yeah and you can go buy that exact flag at your friendly skinhead and nazi web store.

or ebay, or one of the dozen memoribilia stores outside every base, or naziSSflags.com or have your wife with a sewing machine make one, or have it hang in some guys office for the last 40 years or whatever.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adeptus_Minor (Post 505724)
Dammit, Fred... quit being so reasonable! :lol:

sorry I will stop. YOURE A NAZI! I win!

Rangerscott 02-10-2012 11:47 PM

Hell they could have a chipmunk as their symbol and someone would cry foul.

Adeptus_Minor 02-11-2012 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derf (Post 505730)

sorry I will stop. YOURE A NAZI! I win!

There we are. That's more like it. :dthumb:

tommymac 02-11-2012 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adeptus_Minor (Post 505734)
There we are. That's more like it. :dthumb:

So if you are indeed a nazi can you put fred in your oven or gas chamber and be done with him already :lol: