Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Events (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   CF/TWF Rally South (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=3849)

Mr Lefty 01-06-2009 06:00 PM

first post drewpy... first post...
8-10may

dReWpY 01-06-2009 06:03 PM

bullshit, it just says may...

but on the poll it says it its just jacked up for some reason

Trip 01-06-2009 06:06 PM

he's gonna find some way to bail, cause he's a homo

dReWpY 01-06-2009 06:07 PM

like finals, or some other lame shit, i swear why doesnt he just sell his bike or some shit.... /B/

Trip 01-06-2009 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drewpy (Post 140531)
like finals, or some other lame shit, i swear why doesnt he just sell his bike or some shit.... /B/

fuck school, you dont need it

dReWpY 01-06-2009 06:13 PM

i agree, since they are just handing jobs out like candy to JB

Trip 01-06-2009 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drewpy (Post 140538)

you will just get laid off eventually anyway, this just saves you the headache and you can go on welfare.

Amorok 01-06-2009 07:18 PM

Yes there's a date, the weekend of 9-10 May. I'll probably get there 8 May just to make sure the hotel is cool, but I'll most likely ride that morning and afternoon and then drink that night.

Mr Lefty 01-06-2009 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drewpy (Post 140538)

military is...

psychochild28 01-06-2009 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 140530)
he's gonna find some way to bail, cause he's a homo

He'll only bail if that's my last weekend home for 7months.

(Toby's rumored to be going out From May to December 5 shows a week straight)

Mr Lefty 01-06-2009 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychochild28 (Post 140775)

dont' you mean... no we'll both be there if it's my last weekend home for 7 months?

psychochild28 01-06-2009 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebbs15 (Post 140783)
dont' you mean... no we'll both be there if it's my last weekend home for 7 months?

nope last place i'm going to be if i'm going for that long ....:sorry:

much rather have "alone time" :wink: :whistle:

Mr Lefty 01-06-2009 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychochild28 (Post 140785)
nope last place i'm going to be if i'm going for that long ....:sorry:

much rather have "alone time" :wink: :whistle:

kinda sucks drewpy's gay then huh... :lol:

Trip 01-06-2009 11:10 PM

So you going to add to the stable after that tour? :rockout:

rogue 01-07-2009 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amorok (Post 140563)
Yes there's a date, the weekend of 9-10 May. I'll probably get there 8 May just to make sure the hotel is cool, but I'll most likely ride that morning and afternoon and then drink that night.

Amorok, what date are you leaving out? The 8th?

Mr Lefty 01-07-2009 08:53 AM

I'm think'n I'll ask for 7-13 may off...

deals gap dragon slayer 01-07-2009 05:41 PM

If i was gonna go I'd stay at Frank's place...

wait.. is Two Wheels Only (TWO) still there?

dReWpY 01-07-2009 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychochild28 (Post 140775)

quoted for truth, no way in hell i am leaving her if this is the last weekend she is going to be around...:panic:

the good news is that finals are over on the 7th

dReWpY 01-07-2009 05:45 PM

lock the door and the only knock i'll answer is if the pizza is at the door....

Trip 01-07-2009 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drewpy (Post 141528)
lock the door and the only knock i'll answer is if the pizza is at the door....

now we know how to kidnap him. I'll get a trailer for his bike and we drag his ass there kicking and screaming. We will bring t-rock, so he can make sweeet love to drewpy so drewpy doesn't cry in his sleep.

psychochild28 01-07-2009 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 140812)
So you going to add to the stable after that tour? :rockout:

If by adding to the stable you mean looking into getting a car then yes...:lol: No more bikes for me. Getting ready to get rid of one as it is.

Quote:

Originally Posted by drewpy (Post 141526)
quoted for truth, no way in hell i am leaving her if this is the last weekend she is going to be around...:panic:

the good news is that finals are over on the 7th

If it's not my last weekend and I'm not going to be out that long then I'm going to have to ask off work..... :whistle::dthumb:

dReWpY 01-07-2009 08:27 PM

trip, buy her rebel for A, show her you love her

derf 01-08-2009 05:37 PM

OK, I missed some of the conversation, pretty much everything after page 1, who is traveling down from or through jersey?

rogue 01-08-2009 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derf (Post 142529)
OK, I missed some of the conversation, pretty much everything after page 1, who is traveling down from or through jersey?

Are you going to be stateside in time for the rally? :D

derf 01-08-2009 11:22 PM

I got back on monday. So I'm pretty sure it's a yes. My big problem for now is planning out my vacation time for this year, I need a week in disney world, a week in NC for some scuba, a week in jamaica, and I'm looking at (possibly) a week to ride with my brother for his new job down to Texas.

Plus I wouldn't miss a chance to pull that chain of yours around a little bit

rogue 01-09-2009 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derf (Post 142724)
I got back on monday. So I'm pretty sure it's a yes. My big problem for now is planning out my vacation time for this year, I need a week in disney world, a week in NC for some scuba, a week in jamaica, and I'm looking at (possibly) a week to ride with my brother for his new job down to Texas.

Plus I wouldn't miss a chance to pull that chain of yours around a little bit

If you're going to be there, I'll make sure to bring my collar & chain. :p

derf 01-09-2009 12:16 AM

I truly hope that is all you will be bringing for me

http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/7...troige2ot1.jpg[

tommymac 01-09-2009 12:35 AM

Oh so you wont bring the chain for me, thats just so wrong :lol:

Tom

derf 01-09-2009 12:36 AM

thats cuz I'm special

tommymac 01-09-2009 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derf (Post 142761)
thats cuz I'm special

oh youre special all right :lol:

tom

rogue 01-09-2009 01:09 AM

Derf, you're a stalker! :lmao:

Tommy, he's special.....special ed. :lol:

I had plans on bringing the collar & chain(s) anyway. I thought they'd make for some interesting pics. ;)

derf 01-09-2009 01:13 AM

I am a stalker.

I actually have a few pictures like that saved on my computer that I made for some of the discussions in the old bedroom. I don't think they are up there anymore, but I have them saved for posperity (and blackmail should you ever run for public office). And dont worry they arn't all of you.

And that wasn't me outside your window last night with the high powered camera

tommymac 01-09-2009 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogue (Post 142769)
Derf, you're a stalker! :lmao:

Tommy, he's special.....special ed. :lol:

I had plans on bringing the collar & chain(s) anyway. I thought they'd make for some interesting pics. ;)

just leave my ponytail out of it Lol:

Tom

rogue 01-09-2009 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 142783)
just leave my ponytail out of it Lol:

Tom

Whoa, whoa, whoa! Hold up! I had plans of playing with your hair, damnit! :(

:lol:

derf 01-09-2009 01:38 AM

And I was gonna film it

tommymac 01-09-2009 01:39 AM

Well thats ok then, but derf is not allowed to play with my hair:panic:

Tom

derf 01-09-2009 01:43 AM

No I'll just sit in the dark corner and watch, I promise I won't get involved, although I might make a suggestion or 2

tommymac 01-09-2009 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derf (Post 142795)
No I'll just sit in the dark corner and watch, I promise I won't get involved, although I might make a suggestion or 2

:lol: ok but there will have to be alcohol involved wit that LOL

Tom

derf 01-09-2009 01:59 AM

Yeh i won't be picky, drunk, not drunk, as long as one of the 3 of us is fully covered in leather everything is good, plus she agreed to bring a few collars with shains on them for us to use.

Sounds like this is shaping up for a very good time.

tommymac 01-09-2009 02:15 AM

Ok to get back off or on topic here ( i am so confused about that LOL) would you want ot slab it down in one day or make it a 2 day excursion.

Tom

derf 01-09-2009 02:20 AM

I would go for the quickest route (not shortest) and make it a 1 day trip each way. I know I'm good for 600+ miles in one shot, and I'm sure I can do much more.

To the topic at hand, I havn't yet, nor will I be making a reservation, I fully plan to rely on the kindness of others to open up their hearts and rooms to me, and I will chip in on the bill. I just can't make any type of guarantee that I will definately be there until I actually get on the road.

Mr Lefty 01-09-2009 02:25 AM

you guys should really talk to the NJ guys and gals...

tommymac 01-09-2009 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebbs15 (Post 142821)
you guys should really talk to the NJ guys and gals...

I think we are the NJ/NY guys LOL. I have another frind from CF who may join us and I think sixxer is intrested in going too. My main concern was just not going whe whole way solo.

Tom

Mr Lefty 01-09-2009 02:49 AM

well there's Sixxer like you mentioned... Dave, and a new girl that just joined that sounded intrested...

also there's some PA folks... Marko... though he's probably not coming... JoJo and Phenox.

rogue 01-09-2009 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derf (Post 142804)
Yeh i won't be picky, drunk, not drunk, as long as one of the 3 of us is fully covered in leather everything is good, plus she agreed to bring a few collars with shains on them for us to use.

Sounds like this is shaping up for a very good time.

Shhhhh!!!!! You were supposed to have kept that a secret! No chain yanking for you! :lol:

tommymac 01-09-2009 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebbs15 (Post 142831)
well there's Sixxer like you mentioned... Dave, and a new girl that just joined that sounded intrested...

also there's some PA folks... Marko... though he's probably not coming... JoJo and Phenox.

We can catch up along the way, I think I am comming from the furthest away so i will be out on the road mad early, plus I need to get out of NYC early to avoid rush hour traffic.

Tom

Mr Lefty 01-09-2009 05:41 AM

yeah... I was just say'n some of those guys I think were look'n for someone to ride down with...

tommymac 01-09-2009 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebbs15 (Post 142863)
yeah... I was just say'n some of those guys I think were look'n for someone to ride down with...

meeting people along the way woudl help break up the ride for me too. we will need to figure out whos going and where they are and then try to coordinate so we make the group bigger and can roll in mad deep as one of my CF buddies would say about the CF rallys.

Tom

Mr Lefty 01-09-2009 07:03 AM

Roll mad deep huh... :rofl:

rogue 01-09-2009 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 142871)
roll in mad deep

Tom

:lmao: :lmao:

Mr Lefty 01-09-2009 07:12 AM

so what's the estimate for attendance?

cuttle 01-09-2009 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebbs15 (Post 142881)
so what's the estimate for attendance?

I think we should make a better poll (one that includes whores/sheep/ex-wifes).

Maybe a poll who's staying in a hotel or who wants to camp/cabin at TWR

Mr Lefty 01-09-2009 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cuttle (Post 142918)
I think we should make a better poll (one that includes whores/sheep/ex-wifes).

Maybe a poll who's staying in a hotel or who wants to camp/cabin at TWR

well I think this one was to find out who was gonna stay at the place Amorok was organizing...

honestly I could really care less where people are stay'n... as i can't make any for sure plans till at least march...

but just wondered how big a number we'd have show up. seems like a decent amount of interest among the post whore'n :wink: :pwhore2:

rogue 01-09-2009 10:07 AM

I'll be there! :D :D

derf 01-09-2009 04:40 PM

Its looking good for mr but plans wont be definite until I walk out the door.

As far as a good meet spot for the ny/nj folks, there is a rest stop just south of the nj deleware border. Its like a 2hour ride from the outerbridge crossing, is easily accessible from the NJTP, 295, I95, philly, NYC etc... Using google maps you follow the NJTP south just over the deleware memorial bridge, and its just a few miles down the JFK memorail pkwy

tommymac 01-09-2009 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derf (Post 143352)
Its looking good for mr but plans wont be definite until I walk out the door.

As far as a good meet spot for the ny/nj folks, there is a rest stop just south of the nj deleware border. Its like a 2hour ride from the outerbridge crossing, is easily accessible from the NJTP, 295, I95, philly, NYC etc... Using google maps you follow the NJTP south just over the deleware memorial bridge, and its just a few miles down the JFK memorail pkwy

That the one near the harley dealership just over the bridge?
Tom

Sixxxxer 01-10-2009 12:45 AM

Tommymac your In New York??

I'm Def planning on going...Like its almost a goddamn Gurantee I'll be there.

And Like Tommy said...I just didnt wanna ride alone. But It sounds like we got a good eough east coast crew to make the venture down.

Derf...I'm good for a solid 600+...Hell I could most likely do the whole ride in one day...Its saying 12 hours from my place to suches...If I left before sunrise on thursday it would put me there in theory around dinner time that night...but I didnt know when everyone was planning on leaving...Friday or the day before??

tommymac 01-10-2009 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sixxxxer (Post 143511)

And Like Tommy said...I just didnt wanna ride alone. But It sounds like we got a good eough east coast crew to make the venture down.

Derf...I'm good for a solid 600+...Hell I could most likely do the whole ride in one day...Its saying 12 hours from my place to suches...If I left before sunrise on thursday it would put me there in theory around dinner time that night...but I didnt know when everyone was planning on leaving...Friday or the day before??

I am on LI, currently I am just outside NYC, by may I may be a bit further east but no biggie. That rest stop derfs is talking about is about 2.5 hrs from my place. I would like to try to do it in one shot and go straight through.

I am prety flexible with my vacation time so I can leave earlier or later, would prefer earlier, figure we get there thurs night eat, drink a beer then pass out :) then let the fun begin on friday.

Tom

Mr Lefty 01-10-2009 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sixxxxer (Post 143511)

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 143541)
I am on LI, currently I am just outside NYC, by may I may be a bit further east but no biggie. That rest stop derfs is talking about is about 2.5 hrs from my place. I would like to try to do it in one shot and go straight through.

I am prety flexible with my vacation time so I can leave earlier or later, would prefer earlier, figure we get there thurs night eat, drink a beer then pass out :) then let the fun begin on friday.

Tom

REMEMBER that 12hrs... is 12 hrs of RIDING. in a 600 mile day, figure a stop every 150 miles for gas and a stretch probably about 15-30 on average if you grab food. so that's 4 stops and 2hrs...

so if you leave at 5am you'll get there around 7pm at the earliest. just FYI...

tommymac 01-10-2009 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebbs15 (Post 143543)
REMEMBER that 12hrs... is 12 hrs of RIDING. in a 600 mile day, figure a stop every 150 miles for gas and a stretch probably about 15-30 on average if you grab food. so that's 4 stops and 2hrs...

so if you leave at 5am you'll get there around 7pm at the earliest. just FYI...

I am sure we will break the speed limit in a few spots to make up some time :whistle: Stopping every 2 hrs is good in that it breaks up some of the boring parts of the ride. I always look at gettin gto the next big city or something like that. Once I get past baltimore/dc it gets tough as thigs start to get further away. I remember 95 and 85 from our deals gap trips and trips to vir and its some boring ass riding.

Tom

Mr Lefty 01-10-2009 08:48 AM

yeah and once you get into the country you'll slow down as the roads get twisty... but you'll also be hitting these as the sun goes down... VERY intresting riding if you've never done it... :lol:

tommymac 01-10-2009 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebbs15 (Post 143549)
yeah and once you get into the country you'll slow down as the roads get twisty... but you'll also be hitting these as the sun goes down... VERY intresting riding if you've never done it... :lol:

Good points, hopefully we make good time on the slabs so were doing good timewise. As far as riding in the dark down there I am up for it. First time i ran the dragon was in complete darkness after riding for about 500 miles on my TL:panic: it was like a burst of adrenaline when I realized I was on it. I was smarter about it though. I was going to check out from our group (trailering the bikes down) and start railing but thought it wouldnt be a good idea. After riding it again in the light I saw I made the right choice :lol:

Tom

dReWpY 01-10-2009 10:46 AM

some of us can make 100 miles in one hour so 12 hours to cover 600 miles is a bit much of a over estimate on the travel time :whistle:

i am beginning to think alot of ppl would hate to ride with me....

derf 01-10-2009 11:06 AM

Suches is almost 800 miles from my house, and I'm thinking I could do that trip in about 15 hours, maybe 16. And thats at a very steady pace. Also take into account a 15-20 miute break every 1.5 to 2 hours, plus during that time at least two long stops for meals each of which would take at least an hour.

derf 01-10-2009 11:43 AM

Or the other option is that I do have a truck, and if someone has a trailer I could pull a few bikes and people, and we ride comfortable...

dReWpY 01-10-2009 01:06 PM

my reasoning for wanting to start trailoring more, to have a tire that will stick worth a damn and make the ride fun at the destination gets expensive fast when you ride 800 miles one way

tommymac 01-10-2009 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derf (Post 143577)
Suches is almost 800 miles from my house, and I'm thinking I could do that trip in about 15 hours, maybe 16. And thats at a very steady pace. Also take into account a 15-20 miute break every 1.5 to 2 hours, plus during that time at least two long stops for meals each of which would take at least an hour.

We can do it faster than that even. I rode home from deals gap (close to 880 miles) in 14 hrs and that was with hitting DC traffic and waiting out some rain under 2 overpasses. if we do 70 to 80 on the highways with stops every 2 hrs or so we will be good. I do get alittle stubborn in that I will put my head down and get to a destination no matter what too so that can be good or bad.

Tom

derf 01-10-2009 03:26 PM

I did DC to the FL border in one day, and while I didnt have a problem with the 700 mile ride, I felt it in my shoulders and back when I rode for a few days after.I also noticed that after the initial 500 miles I slowed down quite a bit, and the 15 minute stops toward the end turned into one hour stops, and instead of every 2 hours we were stopping every hour. Its not hard, just that it would be easier to drive

Sixxxxer 01-10-2009 04:10 PM

I'm Down to Ride...The whole reason of me going was to take a Roadtrip ON THE BIKE...Granted I'm sure 500 Miles in I'll be like Wheres the Fucking Truck...I'll enjoy every mile of it.

And Tommy, Leaving early sounds like the best bet. I'd rather get there a little early and hang out a bit before the rally Starts.

I'm getting excited thinking about it!! I gotta start getting the bike ready I need at least the tail bags that Ebbs had on the ZZR...and a backpack. I'll be packing light :)

Cutty72 01-10-2009 05:20 PM

hmmm... at a little over 1400 miles, I wouldn't be riding, especially if comonboys comes along. That means I have to find a trailer, or SQUEEZE 2 bikes and everything into my pickup.
I will have to see closer to the date if I would be able to make it or not, depends on training for our upcoming mission if I will be able to get away or not...

Mr Lefty 01-10-2009 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sixxxxer (Post 143649)
I'm Down to Ride...The whole reason of me going was to take a Roadtrip ON THE BIKE...Granted I'm sure 500 Miles in I'll be like Wheres the Fucking Truck...I'll enjoy every mile of it.

And Tommy, Leaving early sounds like the best bet. I'd rather get there a little early and hang out a bit before the rally Starts.

I'm getting excited thinking about it!! I gotta start getting the bike ready I need at least the tail bags that Ebbs had on the ZZR...and a backpack. I'll be packing light :)

I'd strap that back pack to the tail... or pack it REALLY LIGHT... that long a trip with the extra weight on your shoulders will wear on ya...

Sixxxxer 01-10-2009 07:05 PM

Well I'm not sure I actually may need it...I plan on getting the Cortech Tail bag you had/Plus the Saddle bags...Obviously you have first hand experience...How much shit can those things hold??

Mr Lefty 01-10-2009 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cutty72 (Post 143674)
hmmm... at a little over 1400 miles, I wouldn't be riding, especially if comonboys comes along. That means I have to find a trailer, or SQUEEZE 2 bikes and everything into my pickup.
I will have to see closer to the date if I would be able to make it or not, depends on training for our upcoming mission if I will be able to get away or not...

you could probably talk to members and find places to crash on the way down... Crazy (where's he been?) lives in Champaign... and Capt'n lives in Indy...

and a Uhaul rental of a trailer in town is cheap.. you'd just have to pay for extra milage. or do two one way rentals... it's costing me $550 to rent a 6x8 and drive from AK to Mississippi...

Cutty72 01-10-2009 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebbs15 (Post 143697)
I'd strap that back pack to the tail... or pack it REALLY LIGHT... that long a trip with the extra weight on your shoulders will wear on ya...

Truth. Comonboys loaded up a back pack HEAVY when we went to Duluth. I ended up wearing it most of the way as she got tired of it. Ended up strapping it on the bike for the return trip.

Cutty72 01-10-2009 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebbs15 (Post 143699)
you could probably talk to members and find places to crash on the way down... Crazy (where's he been?) lives in Champaign... and Capt'n lives in Indy...

and a Uhaul rental of a trailer in town is cheap.. you'd just have to pay for extra milage. or do two one way rentals... it's costing me $550 to rent a 6x8 and drive from AK to Mississippi...

I know enough people with trailers, that wouldn't be the issue.
As for the drive, it would only be 2 days tops. 1 if I could convince comonboys to drive some.
But depending on the trailer I got, could possilby hook up with someone on the way down if they didn't want to ride...

Sixxxxer 01-10-2009 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cutty72 (Post 143700)
Truth. Comonboys loaded up a back pack HEAVY when we went to Duluth. I ended up wearing it most of the way as she got tired of it. Ended up strapping it on the bike for the return trip.

Yeah I mean the backpack would just be T shirts and some Bathroom shit. But if the Cortech luggage can suffice I will def just roll with that

Mr Lefty 01-10-2009 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sixxxxer (Post 143698)
Well I'm not sure I actually may need it...I plan on getting the Cortech Tail bag you had/Plus the Saddle bags...Obviously you have first hand experience...How much shit can those things hold??

A SHIT TON. I had more than enough stuff for my entire trip. you should be completely fine... I didn't really have much packed in the tail bag... I had my laptop and just some cords and external hd. the saddle bags had my clothes, shoes, toiletries...

but I severely over packed... I'd pack 2 shirts, a pair of shorts, a pair of tennis shoes, some underwear, 3 or 4 pair of socks, and that's about it... if I were to do that entire trip again... as everywhere I stayed I had access to a washer and dryer. :2cents:

after all... all that weight could mean the diffrence between a sick wheelie to show off... and looping it 800 miles from home... :zowned:

Sixxxxer 01-10-2009 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebbs15 (Post 143703)
A SHIT TON. I had more than enough stuff for my entire trip. you should be completely fine... I didn't really have much packed in the tail bag... I had my laptop and just some cords and external hd. the saddle bags had my clothes, shoes, toiletries...

but I severely over packed... I'd pack 2 shirts, a pair of shorts, a pair of tennis shoes, some underwear, 3 or 4 pair of socks, and that's about it... if I were to do that entire trip again... as everywhere I stayed I had access to a washer and dryer. :2cents:

after all... all that weight could mean the diffrence between a sick wheelie to show off... and looping it 800 miles from home... :zowned:

Lol. I'll def keep that in Mind, MY Only issue is, I'm thinking about Riding down to Suches, Then going to Myrtle Bike week to meet up with my buddies going to that...so I'd be on the bike for about a week...but I'm sure I can suffice and just find a place to wash my shit somewhere.

Mr Lefty 01-10-2009 07:18 PM

OR... just get the address of the hotel... SHIP your stuff you're gonna take to Myrtle... then when you get there... ship the stuff you brought to Suches back... and take the Myrtle stuff with ya.

Sixxxxer 01-10-2009 07:19 PM

Your always a thinker Ebbs...

Mr Lefty 01-10-2009 07:21 PM

I learned alot on that indy trip about road trips on 2 wheels... not to say there isn't A LOT I still need to learn... but there was alot of realizations while out there. mainly about packing :lol:

derf 01-10-2009 08:02 PM

these are the bags I've been looking at

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade...tview/922/139/
http://www.magsbags.com/journeybag.html
http://www.wolfmanluggage.com/Tail/BetaRearBag.html

rogue 01-10-2009 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebbs15 (Post 143709)
I learned alot on that indy trip about road trips on 2 wheels... not to say there isn't A LOT I still need to learn... but there was alot of realizations while out there. mainly about packing :lol:

When you're small like me, packing is simple. :D

This is my three day weekend backpack. Three changes of clothes, extra shoes, swimsuit, a couple of extra shirts, socks......all in one bag. :dthumb:

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g1...7/UNI_0355.jpg

My ex, who's 6'2" took twobackpacks for all his stuff (he packs more than I do and had his bags stack on top of each other (no pic). :lol:

I have a hard tail bag I'll be using for the Suches trip. :)

derf 01-10-2009 08:05 PM

Are you sure that maybe you ddint switch bags with him?

rogue 01-10-2009 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derf (Post 143730)
Are you sure that maybe you ddint switch bags with him?

Nope.

When I went to Austin for the weekend a couple of years ago, I used the same thing....and came back with more clothes than what I took. :lol:

derf 01-10-2009 08:20 PM

so you went shopping?

ericr 01-10-2009 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogue (Post 143731)
Nope.

When I went to Austin for the weekend a couple of years ago, I used the same thing....and came back with more clothes than what I took. :lol:

Well yeah, a days worth of your clothes will fit in a sammich bag!!! Barbie clothes take up more space :whistle: :lol:

rogue 01-10-2009 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derf (Post 143735)
so you went shopping?

Me? Shop? NOOOO!!!!!! :panic:

Moira had a couple of pairs of jeans and some shirts she handed down to me. Granted I have to roll the pants legs up a couple of times. :lol: I think (but not positive) they were her daughter's and she outgrew them quickly so they were still in like new condition.

rogue 01-10-2009 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ericr (Post 143738)
Well yeah, a days worth of your clothes will fit in a sammich bag!!! Barbie clothes take up more space :whistle: :lol:

redflip

I'm a size 7-9. Not a size 0. :nee:

Mr Lefty 01-10-2009 09:07 PM

I looked at the top two when I was looking to ride from AK to NC for the first Twowheelforum rally... but now that I've done a 4000 mile, 17day trip... i wouldn't bother. I fit everything I needed in the cortech sport saddle bags and tail bag, and strapped my tent, sleeping bag and pad on top.

I was over packed on that trip... had I not packed all that extra bullshit.... I could have litterally fit everything in my cortech bags, other than the sleeping pad as it's just too long to fit.

the problem with a bag that big is you'll be tempted to FILL it. you'll carry WAY to much shit. :2cents:

derf 01-10-2009 09:17 PM

naw I'm pretty good about packing, I just would rather have a bag and not use the whole thing than use the whole thing and not have any bag left.

Sixxxxer 01-10-2009 10:13 PM

I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on the twistedthrottle Bag...Looks like a nice rig.

I'm planning on packing light as well...So I should be ok...No different than having my 120lb Fiancee on the back.

the chi 01-10-2009 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sixxxxer (Post 143702)
Yeah I mean the backpack would just be T shirts and some Bathroom shit. But if the Cortech luggage can suffice I will def just roll with that

Saddlebags FTMFW!!! I've made several roadtrips with a backpack and it's just too much strain on the back. It made a world of difference and I'll never take another long trip without it!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebbs15 (Post 143706)
OR... just get the address of the hotel... SHIP your stuff you're gonna take to Myrtle... then when you get there... ship the stuff you brought to Suches back... and take the Myrtle stuff with ya.

You so stole that idea from me!! :lol: I would highly reccommend this! I've done this several times, and it's especially helpful when you are coming back with more than you left with. Alot of times if I am coming straight home I'll send all but the necessities. With todays mail services, it's inexpensive and quick.

Sixxxxer 01-10-2009 10:51 PM

Your alive!!!!!!!!!!!

the chi 01-10-2009 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sixxxxer (Post 143788)
Your alive!!!!!!!!!!!

I am here! :lol: where have u been? You really planning on coming for this?

Sixxxxer 01-10-2009 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Chi (Post 143791)
I am here! :lol: where have u been? You really planning on coming for this?

Where have I Been?? Where Have YOU BEEN!!! I Post everyday on this Bitch. :twfix:

I'm Planning on it for sure...Us Jersey boys are talking about it already...I gotta save up some dough get some Luggage, A new tire, and some other little shit and I plan on riding my little ass off.

I gotta be able to put some faces to names here...This place is my sportbike addiction.

tommymac 01-11-2009 12:29 AM

I got ya all beat, hard bags FTMFW :rockwoot:

i figure between that my tank bag and cargo net I will have plenty of room. I think we should also try to have each person bring some emergency type equipment for the ride down. i have a custom first aid kit and can do quite a bit in the field if need be. But also make sure we have tools and stuff like tire patck/repair kits.

Tom

rogue 01-11-2009 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 143818)
I got ya all beat, hard bags FTMFW :rockwoot:

i figure between that my tank bag and cargo net I will have plenty of room. I think we should also try to have each person bring some emergency type equipment for the ride down. i have a custom first aid kit and can do quite a bit in the field if need be. But also make sure we have tools and stuff like tire patck/repair kits.

Tom

Damn. I didn't think about any of that stuff.

What's suggested as emergency equipment aside from a first aid kit? I need to start putting something together so I'll have something, especially since I'm planning more one trip this year...one or two of them will be by myself. :D

tommymac 01-11-2009 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogue (Post 143828)
Damn. I didn't think about any of that stuff.

What's suggested as emergency equipment aside from a first aid kit? I need to start putting something together so I'll have something, especially since I'm planning more one trip this year...one or two of them will be by myself. :D

I bought a first aid kit from tourmaster, then I added a bunch of other goodies and took out stuff I wouldnt need. For an average person it had a lot of useful stuff but I can do a lot more in the field if I have all the equipment, I even added a suture kit to it. I need to go through it and check a few things and see if theres anything I need to add.

tom

rogue 01-11-2009 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 143829)
I bought a first aid kit from tourmaster, then I added a bunch of other goodies and took out stuff I wouldnt need. For an average person it had a lot of useful stuff but I can do a lot more in the field if I have all the equipment, I even added a suture kit to it. I need to go through it and check a few things and see if theres anything I need to add.

tom

When you're saying first aid kit, are you talking about a medical first aid kit, a road kit, or is the one you got from Tourmaster a bit of both? I know how to put together a good first aid kit. I'm more concerned with needing something for the bike. I really have no clue as to what I would need aside from my tool kit (which I've added a little to). Wade put together a little something when we would take trips, but I never really paid attention. I've been lucky on the couple I've been on since then, because those I rode with had their own kit they had put together and told me to not worry about it. . .