Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Events (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   CF/TWF Rally South (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=3849)

derf 01-10-2009 09:17 PM

naw I'm pretty good about packing, I just would rather have a bag and not use the whole thing than use the whole thing and not have any bag left.

Sixxxxer 01-10-2009 10:13 PM

I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on the twistedthrottle Bag...Looks like a nice rig.

I'm planning on packing light as well...So I should be ok...No different than having my 120lb Fiancee on the back.

the chi 01-10-2009 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sixxxxer (Post 143702)
Yeah I mean the backpack would just be T shirts and some Bathroom shit. But if the Cortech luggage can suffice I will def just roll with that

Saddlebags FTMFW!!! I've made several roadtrips with a backpack and it's just too much strain on the back. It made a world of difference and I'll never take another long trip without it!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebbs15 (Post 143706)
OR... just get the address of the hotel... SHIP your stuff you're gonna take to Myrtle... then when you get there... ship the stuff you brought to Suches back... and take the Myrtle stuff with ya.

You so stole that idea from me!! :lol: I would highly reccommend this! I've done this several times, and it's especially helpful when you are coming back with more than you left with. Alot of times if I am coming straight home I'll send all but the necessities. With todays mail services, it's inexpensive and quick.

Sixxxxer 01-10-2009 10:51 PM

Your alive!!!!!!!!!!!

the chi 01-10-2009 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sixxxxer (Post 143788)
Your alive!!!!!!!!!!!

I am here! :lol: where have u been? You really planning on coming for this?

Sixxxxer 01-10-2009 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Chi (Post 143791)
I am here! :lol: where have u been? You really planning on coming for this?

Where have I Been?? Where Have YOU BEEN!!! I Post everyday on this Bitch. :twfix:

I'm Planning on it for sure...Us Jersey boys are talking about it already...I gotta save up some dough get some Luggage, A new tire, and some other little shit and I plan on riding my little ass off.

I gotta be able to put some faces to names here...This place is my sportbike addiction.

tommymac 01-11-2009 12:29 AM

I got ya all beat, hard bags FTMFW :rockwoot:

i figure between that my tank bag and cargo net I will have plenty of room. I think we should also try to have each person bring some emergency type equipment for the ride down. i have a custom first aid kit and can do quite a bit in the field if need be. But also make sure we have tools and stuff like tire patck/repair kits.

Tom

rogue 01-11-2009 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 143818)
I got ya all beat, hard bags FTMFW :rockwoot:

i figure between that my tank bag and cargo net I will have plenty of room. I think we should also try to have each person bring some emergency type equipment for the ride down. i have a custom first aid kit and can do quite a bit in the field if need be. But also make sure we have tools and stuff like tire patck/repair kits.

Tom

Damn. I didn't think about any of that stuff.

What's suggested as emergency equipment aside from a first aid kit? I need to start putting something together so I'll have something, especially since I'm planning more one trip this year...one or two of them will be by myself. :D

tommymac 01-11-2009 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogue (Post 143828)
Damn. I didn't think about any of that stuff.

What's suggested as emergency equipment aside from a first aid kit? I need to start putting something together so I'll have something, especially since I'm planning more one trip this year...one or two of them will be by myself. :D

I bought a first aid kit from tourmaster, then I added a bunch of other goodies and took out stuff I wouldnt need. For an average person it had a lot of useful stuff but I can do a lot more in the field if I have all the equipment, I even added a suture kit to it. I need to go through it and check a few things and see if theres anything I need to add.

tom

rogue 01-11-2009 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 143829)
I bought a first aid kit from tourmaster, then I added a bunch of other goodies and took out stuff I wouldnt need. For an average person it had a lot of useful stuff but I can do a lot more in the field if I have all the equipment, I even added a suture kit to it. I need to go through it and check a few things and see if theres anything I need to add.

tom

When you're saying first aid kit, are you talking about a medical first aid kit, a road kit, or is the one you got from Tourmaster a bit of both? I know how to put together a good first aid kit. I'm more concerned with needing something for the bike. I really have no clue as to what I would need aside from my tool kit (which I've added a little to). Wade put together a little something when we would take trips, but I never really paid attention. I've been lucky on the couple I've been on since then, because those I rode with had their own kit they had put together and told me to not worry about it. . .