Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   News Desk (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Bin laden dead (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=19048)

goof2 05-16-2011 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 470229)
all that said is OUR techniques were ineffective

True, he didn't say what techniques were used in "another country".

Take it for what it is worth but I have also read that waterboarding and the rest weren't used, and were never intended to be used, to gain new information. The enhanced techniques were used while asking the detainee questions we already knew the answers to as a way to see when the detainee reached the proper "mindset" to answer questions truthfully.

As I said, take it for what it is worth, but that does make sense to me. As most who object to the enhanced interrogation techniques have pointed out it is well recognized that people would lie to make that treatment stop. This would be a way to demonstrate to the detainees that only the truth would make it stop. It may also explain why KSM was waterboarded as many times as he was. It took that much for him to start telling the truth.

I'm not saying this is what happened, only that it sounds somewhat plausible.

Dave 05-16-2011 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goof2 (Post 470240)
True, he didn't say what techniques were used in "another country".

Take it for what it is worth but I have also read that waterboarding and the rest weren't used, and were never intended to be used, to gain new information. The enhanced techniques were used while asking the detainee questions we already knew the answers to as a way to see when the detainee reached the proper "mindset" to answer questions truthfully.

As I said, take it for what it is worth, but that does make sense to me. As most who object to the enhanced interrogation techniques have pointed out it is well recognized that people would lie to make that treatment stop. This would be a way to demonstrate to the detainees that only the truth would make it stop. It may also explain why KSM was waterboarded as many times as he was. It took that much for him to start telling the truth.

I'm not saying this is what happened, only that it sounds somewhat plausible.

Its also entirely likely that such cross refrencing is worthless since the detainees knew two things about the united states:

We are a nation of blubbering vaginas
We're gonna bitch out on any torture.

101lifts2 05-17-2011 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drewpy (Post 468338)
took 19.00 to fill up the buell the other day

Well that's because you have to fill up the entire frame. :lol

Captain Morgan 05-17-2011 12:19 AM

Quote:

Anybody ever watch "Unthinkable"?

Papa_Complex 05-17-2011 06:56 AM

Quote:

Actually what it says, is that the AG lied about where information came from, in order to defend his own actions.

Dave 05-17-2011 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papa_Complex (Post 470274)
Actually what it says, is that the AG lied about where information came from, in order to defend his own actions.

Since when is that news? :lol:

Papa_Complex 05-17-2011 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 470289)
Since when is that news? :lol:

Given your response, it appeared to be news to you.

Homeslice 05-17-2011 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 470244)
Its also entirely likely that such cross refrencing is worthless since the detainees knew two things about the united states:

We are a nation of blubbering vaginas
We're gonna bitch out on any torture.

If you call honoring your word blubbering

Like the Geneva Convention...

Which says that even unlawful combatants are to be treated humanely.

Now, I'm no angel......I'd be tempted to beat up a prisoner in certain circumstances......but maybe that's why it's good that I'm not a jailor, intelligence agent, politician, or DOJ lawyer. Those who are, are responsible for their actions.

OneSickPsycho 05-17-2011 08:55 AM

I dunno... waterboarding just doesn't seem like much in the way of torture to me...

Homeslice 05-17-2011 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho (Post 470304)
I dunno... waterboarding just doesn't seem like much in the way of torture to me...

Well, in that case maybe we shouldn't have cited it as one of our charges against Japanese generals