Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Events (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   CF/TWF Rally South (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=3849)

tommymac 01-11-2009 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogue (Post 143830)
When you're saying first aid kit, are you talking about a medical first aid kit, a road kit, or is the one you got from Tourmaster a bit of both? I know how to put together a good first aid kit. I'm more concerned with needing something for the bike. I really have no clue as to what I would need aside from my tool kit (which I've added a little to). Wade put together a little something when we would take trips, but I never really paid attention. I've been lucky on the couple I've been on since then, because those I rode with had their own kit they had put together and told me to not worry about it. . .

i was referring to a medical first aid bag. I put other stuff in it since I can do a lot more for someone in the field if I have the stuff to do it. I do need to improve my mechanical stuff too though. For a secret santa gift I got a multi tool from eddie bauer and an led flashlight thats small and fookin bright.

the tourmaster site has a lot of nice toolkits andother goodies.

Tom

Mr Lefty 01-11-2009 04:16 AM

you'll want a tire plug kit, first aid kit, cell phone, bike air pump if ya can... and a map. I also like keep'n a little snack incase I brake down... but as you guys aren't really going BFE the first 4 should be good.

tommymac 01-11-2009 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebbs15 (Post 143857)
you'll want a tire plug kit, first aid kit, cell phone, bike air pump if ya can... and a map. I also like keep'n a little snack incase I brake down... but as you guys aren't really going BFE the first 4 should be good.

Good call on the air pump, I didnt think of that. I think some of the tire repair kits have co2 cartirges thatmay be able to fill the tire.
I will go look on the tourmaster site now since Ihave a few minutes of downtime.

Tom

tommymac 01-11-2009 04:29 AM

Found one.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...ation-Kit.aspx

my b-day is comming up this week so we will see about that one ;)

Tom

Mr Lefty 01-11-2009 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 143860)
Good call on the air pump, I didnt think of that. I think some of the tire repair kits have co2 cartirges thatmay be able to fill the tire.
I will go look on the tourmaster site now since Ihave a few minutes of downtime.

Tom

yeah I have one of those... I took extra Co2 cartridges just in case

rogue 01-11-2009 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebbs15 (Post 143857)

Thanks, Ebbs! :dthumb:

Mr Lefty 01-11-2009 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogue (Post 143869)
Thanks, Ebbs! :dthumb:

yup yup. I'll have all those on me... I actually have all that shit under my seat all the time... even on solo rides... actually forgot about it when I met up with Rae... she asked me about it and I was like... nope.. don't have it.. :lol:

tommymac 01-11-2009 04:40 AM

thats all the stuff you want to buy and will never use ;)

I may need to invest or upgrade in some raingear too, otherwise i think I will be good to go

Tom

Mr Lefty 01-11-2009 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 143873)
thats all the stuff you want to buy and will never use ;)

I may need to invest or upgrade in some raingear too, otherwise i think I will be good to go

Tom

I picked up some frogtogs... AWESOME... but invest in some booty's for your boots if they're not waterproof... my feet got SOAKED... and made riding horrible... also... after 900+miles and 14hrs of riding with soaked feet... they smelled something great too :panic:

tommymac 01-11-2009 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebbs15 (Post 143876)
I picked up some frogtogs... AWESOME... but invest in some booty's for your boots if they're not waterproof... my feet got SOAKED... and made riding horrible... also... after 900+miles and 14hrs of riding with soaked feet... they smelled something great too :panic:

I will def look into that. We got clobbered by the rain riding to the Cf rally in sept and my feet and hands were soaked. The rest of my gear held up well , and i had my track gloves in the car my gf was driving so i had a dry pair for the weekend.

Tom