Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Dogs - Raw Diet Update (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=7592)

Kaneman 06-06-2011 09:51 AM

Yea, I think you're going to have to hand feed him for a couple days. Don't worry, that's part of the process and it'll be good for you're bond anyway.

Gas Man 06-06-2011 08:36 PM

Well I tried that as well. He thinks about it. Almost tried a bite then backed away. All "I don't think so". Even just laid down in defeat.

I feel so bad, he's licking his kible container. He's eating grass cause I know his stomach is upset from no food. But he's still not going for it.

Advise?

Wait it out? Hunger will get him to eat? Like I said I feel horrible about it.

Kaneman 06-07-2011 12:32 AM

How many hours since he's eaten? Try some raw ground beef mixed with one chicken thigh...

Gas Man 06-07-2011 12:48 AM

Its been a day and a half going on 2 days. Will pull some beef hamburger from freezer. He'll get it when I or wifey gets home from work.

He's a stubborn dog. Always has been and this proves it once again.

I can really hear his stomach now. Not the first time though. He's also known for weird eating habits and sometimes weird eating schedules, probably due to our hectic & erratic work schedules.

Will report back and thanks for the help.

Gas Man 06-07-2011 06:49 PM

Ok well wifey, fed him some raw beef hamburger. He liked that, but not the chicken. She even put some beef under the chicken skin. he licked it out. She said everytime he picked up a piece of chicken he spit it out.

Now what...

Kaneman 06-07-2011 11:52 PM

I'd mix some cooked chicken in with the raw and try that....

Man, you're giving it one for the gipper though....I'm definitely surprised how uninterested he is.

VatorMan 06-08-2011 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaneman (Post 474718)
I'd mix some cooked chicken in with the raw and try that....

Man, you're giving it one for the gipper though....I'm definitely surprised how uninterested he is.

Me too. My dogs had a what the he'll is this moment for about 2 minutes and went to work. Yea,you are going to have to train him to eat healthy.

Kind of like trying to wean one of us off of beer. :lol

Gas Man 06-08-2011 04:30 PM

Ok! Thanks man for the help. This shit is buggin me.

My prediction... he will eat the cooked chicken and leave the raw. Just like he did for the raw beef hamburger.

I'm not surprised. It's his distaste for raw chicken coupled with his stubburness.

OneSickPsycho 06-08-2011 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gas Man (Post 474859)
Ok! Thanks man for the help. This shit is buggin me.

My prediction... he will eat the cooked chicken and leave the raw. Just like he did for the raw beef hamburger.

I'm not surprised. It's his distaste for raw chicken coupled with his stubburness.

Grind it all up together.

Gas Man 06-08-2011 07:44 PM

Don't have a grinder.

We mildly heated the chicken... stripped the meat off the bones and he ate that crap right up. Basically just enough to heat it. Put a raw drum stick and a small piece of raw in there... he ate around or picked it up and moved it aside.

So I don't understand the issue. I mean we barely heated the stuff and he went to town on it.