Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Street (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Too old for a sport bike? (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=1593)

Mr Lefty 05-30-2008 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho (Post 46885)
You don't look at all like you're 38.

that's what I was thinking... I was think'n like 23... :lol:

the chi 05-30-2008 10:49 AM

you missed the "never too old" option in your poll...

I realize in other states the majority of sport riders is early to mid 20's but several of the guys I ride with are either pushing their 40's or already well past them...hell some of them are past 50 and they still get up and go...

I met a guy at Jennings last trip, guy was in his 60's or 70's, cant remember his name, he said all his young rider buddies just called him "OG" for old guy and he was cool as shit, his first track day on a KICK ASS aprilia...he's one of those collector/rider types too, and he was talking about getting more and more track time, cuz now he's addicted!!!

Youre never too old to do what you love!

smileyman 05-30-2008 01:32 PM

The CMRA club I used to race in has one of the most competitive and quick formula 40 classes I have ever seen. One of my "old" teammates was 53 and could seriously kick SV ass and one of my chief rivals for the 02 championship was 48...I think I will have to have some severe back or neck problems before I hang it up.

Still it is funny when some LEO pulls me over and expects to chew up some kid and he sees the grey hairs under the helmet:whistle:
:zowned:

pickle.of.doom 05-30-2008 01:47 PM

You need to meet Randy. He's old as dirt and just got rid of his BUsa for an R1. Slams 40's to get ready for a ride too :lol: "hair of the dog", ya know.

PhiSig1071 05-30-2008 02:10 PM

I voted for the streetfighter or SuMo, not because you're too old for a sportbike, just because SF/SuMo's are a BLAST!

Rider 05-30-2008 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhiSig1071 (Post 46976)
I voted for the streetfighter or SuMo, not because you're too old for a sportbike, just because SF/SuMo's are a BLAST!

SuMo's lack the power I want. And the only street fighter I would buy would be a Tuono, but I'm not spending $13.5K + on a bike right now.

PiZdETS 05-30-2008 02:31 PM

I'm gonna get all dr. phil on your ass

Here's my guess at what she's worried about; she loves you and your riding scares her, especially sportbikes as everyone knows they're about speed and performance- risky endeavors.
She's coming to terms with her own mortality and just like any good wife, doesn't want to live the rest of her life without you. She wants you to switch to something like a cruiser so you'll go slower and take fewer risks, probably wants you to give up riding all together but knows you love riding so that's too much to ask.

If you're taking her argument at face value it's easily disputable, look up some of the current professional racers who are in their 30's, not many past about 35 but still a few that are up there, still competitive, still not dead. Without meeting you though I can't really say. Some 80 year olds are just as quick physically and mentally as I am, most 20 year olds arent so it really has to do with how badly your mind is atrophying with age.

Rider 05-30-2008 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PiZdETS (Post 46981)
Here's my guess at what she's worried about; she loves you and your riding scares her, especially sportbikes as everyone knows they're about speed and performance- risky endeavors.
She's coming to terms with her own mortality and just like any good wife, doesn't want to live the rest of her life without you. She wants you to switch to something like a cruiser so you'll go slower and take fewer risks, probably wants you to give up riding all together but knows you love riding so that's too much to ask.

If you're taking her argument at face value it's easily disputable, look up some of the current professional racers who are in their 30's, not many past about 35 but still a few that are up there, still competitive, still not dead.

While I cant say that me riding doesn't scare her, the type of bike doesn't matter. She just wants me to "act" my age and have something in common with the cruiser riders in my neighborhood.

marko138 05-30-2008 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 46983)
While I cant say that me riding doesn't scare her, the type of bike doesn't matter. She just wants me to "act" my age and have something in common with the cruiser riders in my neighborhood.

Fuck those old bastard cruiser riding sunuvabitches.

Rider 05-30-2008 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 46986)
Fuck those old bastard cruiser riding sunuvabitches.

Said the Harley rider....... :lol: