Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Goodbye Mr. Jobs (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=20300)

Rider 10-06-2011 08:41 AM

mehhh I dont really care.....I'm not an apple fan. It's sad when anyone dies but I have no vested interest in this guy.

My only experience with apple is iTunes, iPods, iPhones, and apple computers in the early 90's, and they all suck beyond belief.

Dave 10-06-2011 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papa_Complex (Post 493308)
I wouldn't call his recent history that of an innovator, as he didn't create any of the technologies that his products used, but he was a marketing genius who could sure read societal trends. The iPod wasn't the first MP3 player, but it became the ubiquitous one. The iPhone wasn't the first smartphone, but it's the one everyone thinks of first.

Yup. People acting like he's Werner Von fucking Braun around here

Trip 10-06-2011 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papa_Complex (Post 493308)
I wouldn't call his recent history that of an innovator, as he didn't create any of the technologies that his products used, but he was a marketing genius who could sure read societal trends. The iPod wasn't the first MP3 player, but it became the ubiquitous one. The iPhone wasn't the first smartphone, but it's the one everyone thinks of first.

Hell, he didn't even create his first products, Woz did. Then he stole some other products that made him big. PARC and such. He was an epic businessman and thought ahead of the pack. He bought and banked off other innovators work. He isn't a new Edison or Franklin, he sold their products well.

Homeslice 10-06-2011 09:11 AM

Apple's legacy is in design ---- They forced other companies to face the fact that design is important -- it's not just something women or gay people like. No matter what you manufacture, cars, toasters, whatever, you can't just build some POS that doesn't feel good to use. You need to hire people who actually studied design and give them more influence.

t-homo 10-06-2011 09:12 AM

"Pirates of SIlicon Valley" is a good movie about the start-up and history of Apple and Microsoft. Pretty good watch, really shows them for who they were.

azoomm 10-06-2011 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 493313)
Hell, he didn't even create his first products, Woz did. Then he stole some other products that made him big. PARC and such. He was an epic businessman and thought ahead of the pack. He bought and banked off other innovators work. He isn't a new Edison or Franklin, he sold their products well.

I'm with you - he wasn't necessarily a mad scientist. He was more the evil genius of marketing/business. Good for him, man... good for him.

RIP

Rider 10-06-2011 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azoomm (Post 493316)
I'm with you - he wasn't necessarily a mad scientist. He was more the evil genius of marketing/business. Good for him, man... good for him.

RIP

Love the new avy zoomie!!!!!!

marko138 10-06-2011 09:43 AM

I'm now using my iMac with feverish intensity in his honor.

defector 10-06-2011 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 493314)
Apple's legacy is in design ---- They forced other companies to face the fact that design is important -- it's not just something women or gay people like. No matter what you manufacture, cars, toasters, whatever, you can't just build some POS that doesn't feel good to use. You need to hire people who actually studied design and give them more influence.

You've inspired me. My current toaster just doesn't feel good when I use it, so I will be designing a new one that makes me tingle over toast. :lol:

Homeslice 10-06-2011 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by defector (Post 493323)
You've inspired me. My current toaster just doesn't feel good when I use it, so I will be designing a new one that makes me tingle over toast. :lol:

Would you buy a new car if it still had an 80's interior?