Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Street (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   '09 Kawi lineup (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=2564)

Bassplayer 09-21-2008 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebbs15 (Post 72657)
the ER-6n was the naked version of the 650r in Europe... they bringing it to the US? there was a big cry for it a year or so ago...

i kinda like it... i dunno yet tho

marko138 09-21-2008 07:47 PM

The 6r is a solid looking machine.

Bassplayer 09-21-2008 07:50 PM

yea, it looks beefy. I like naked bikes. (sv) :)
so this would be cool.

Phenix_Rider 09-21-2008 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bassplayer (Post 72656)

It's the Euro naked 650R- they also got the ER-6f which is our 650R. I like it a lot, and if it were a question of buying an '09, I'd go with the -6n over the fugly new 650R.

The '07-'08 600RR is hot- The blue/silver tiger stripe color was sexy. Honda just needs to ditch the stupid stalk signals up front. Kawi has had it right for a while- integrate those suckers into the fairing. Doesn't look like Honda changed the 09s much.

itgirl 09-21-2008 10:59 PM

kawasaki gives me yet another reason to exclaim that the 2003/2004 zx6 is by far the best looking model, IMO of course.

Dave 09-22-2008 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itgirl (Post 72711)
kawasaki gives me yet another reason to exclaim that the 2003/2004 zx6 is by far the best looking model, IMO of course.

i really never dug the bowtie lights

Dave 09-22-2008 12:40 AM

hmm another interesting thing about the new 6r: the top of the fuel tank is concave, supposedly so you can get a tighter tuck. however the size and depth of it make me think that this bikes gonna be popular with the stunter crowd as one fewer thing to prep

PiZdETS 09-22-2008 06:36 AM

It really seems to me that all the Japanese sportbike design guru's have gone the way of Chris Bangle at BMW. They took about 6 too many hits of acids and now think angular, classically ugly styling is now the new hotness. It's not.
And it is apparently illegal for any of the big 4 Jap firms to make a sportbike exhaust that isn't hideous and which kills any flow the designer may have forgotten to stamp out.
Italians, Brits and Austrians are the only ones making good looking sportbikes now. :panic: Shame.
Don't even get me started on Buells. Kat and I were walking around at Indy and happened on the new 1125 stopped us in our tracks....Jesus Christ those air intakes are just horrific. Did they not look at the bike before sending it off to production? You've got be majorly loyal to the brand or just not give a damn how your bike looks to ride one. Whichever aftermarket firm finds a subtle replacement for the air ducts will make millions.

marko138 09-22-2008 09:08 AM

None of the big 4 is designing those exhaust pipes, the government is. That's not gonna change. In fact, they might get bigger as emissions regulations tighten.

Mr Lefty 09-22-2008 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PiZdETS (Post 72729)
It really seems to me that all the Japanese sportbike design guru's have gone the way of Chris Bangle at BMW. They took about 6 too many hits of acids and now think angular, classically ugly styling is now the new hotness. It's not.
And it is apparently illegal for any of the big 4 Jap firms to make a sportbike exhaust that isn't hideous and which kills any flow the designer may have forgotten to stamp out.
Italians, Brits and Austrians are the only ones making good looking sportbikes now. :panic: Shame.
Don't even get me started on Buells. Kat and I were walking around at Indy and happened on the new 1125 stopped us in our tracks....Jesus Christ those air intakes are just horrific. Did they not look at the bike before sending it off to production? You've got be majorly loyal to the brand or just not give a damn how your bike looks to ride one. Whichever aftermarket firm finds a subtle replacement for the air ducts will make millions.

I agree... though the 1125r's pods (for the radiator not air intake) are for dual purpose... they act as frame sliders in a down.. they're less than $100 so not a bad design actually