Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Events (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   CF/TWF Rally South (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=3849)

tommymac 01-11-2009 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogue (Post 143830)
When you're saying first aid kit, are you talking about a medical first aid kit, a road kit, or is the one you got from Tourmaster a bit of both? I know how to put together a good first aid kit. I'm more concerned with needing something for the bike. I really have no clue as to what I would need aside from my tool kit (which I've added a little to). Wade put together a little something when we would take trips, but I never really paid attention. I've been lucky on the couple I've been on since then, because those I rode with had their own kit they had put together and told me to not worry about it. . .

i was referring to a medical first aid bag. I put other stuff in it since I can do a lot more for someone in the field if I have the stuff to do it. I do need to improve my mechanical stuff too though. For a secret santa gift I got a multi tool from eddie bauer and an led flashlight thats small and fookin bright.

the tourmaster site has a lot of nice toolkits andother goodies.

Tom

Mr Lefty 01-11-2009 04:16 AM

you'll want a tire plug kit, first aid kit, cell phone, bike air pump if ya can... and a map. I also like keep'n a little snack incase I brake down... but as you guys aren't really going BFE the first 4 should be good.

tommymac 01-11-2009 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebbs15 (Post 143857)
you'll want a tire plug kit, first aid kit, cell phone, bike air pump if ya can... and a map. I also like keep'n a little snack incase I brake down... but as you guys aren't really going BFE the first 4 should be good.

Good call on the air pump, I didnt think of that. I think some of the tire repair kits have co2 cartirges thatmay be able to fill the tire.
I will go look on the tourmaster site now since Ihave a few minutes of downtime.

Tom

tommymac 01-11-2009 04:29 AM

Found one.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...ation-Kit.aspx

my b-day is comming up this week so we will see about that one ;)

Tom

Mr Lefty 01-11-2009 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 143860)
Good call on the air pump, I didnt think of that. I think some of the tire repair kits have co2 cartirges thatmay be able to fill the tire.
I will go look on the tourmaster site now since Ihave a few minutes of downtime.

Tom

yeah I have one of those... I took extra Co2 cartridges just in case

rogue 01-11-2009 04:35 AM

Quote:

Thanks, Ebbs! :dthumb:

Mr Lefty 01-11-2009 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogue (Post 143869)
Thanks, Ebbs! :dthumb:

yup yup. I'll have all those on me... I actually have all that shit under my seat all the time... even on solo rides... actually forgot about it when I met up with Rae... she asked me about it and I was like... nope.. don't have it.. :lol:

tommymac 01-11-2009 04:40 AM

thats all the stuff you want to buy and will never use ;)

I may need to invest or upgrade in some raingear too, otherwise i think I will be good to go

Tom

Mr Lefty 01-11-2009 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 143873)
thats all the stuff you want to buy and will never use ;)

I may need to invest or upgrade in some raingear too, otherwise i think I will be good to go

Tom

I picked up some frogtogs... AWESOME... but invest in some booty's for your boots if they're not waterproof... my feet got SOAKED... and made riding horrible... also... after 900+miles and 14hrs of riding with soaked feet... they smelled something great too :panic:

tommymac 01-11-2009 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebbs15 (Post 143876)
I picked up some frogtogs... AWESOME... but invest in some booty's for your boots if they're not waterproof... my feet got SOAKED... and made riding horrible... also... after 900+miles and 14hrs of riding with soaked feet... they smelled something great too :panic:

I will def look into that. We got clobbered by the rain riding to the Cf rally in sept and my feet and hands were soaked. The rest of my gear held up well , and i had my track gloves in the car my gf was driving so i had a dry pair for the weekend.

Tom

Phenix_Rider 01-11-2009 09:13 AM

Straight shot to Suches is 600 miles for me. That's all interstate- which I won't do. I'm working on a plan to ride down to visit my brother in NC, then ride over to GA. Looks like ~8 hours to NC, and another 5 to GA- according to google maps. I won't be at the posted limit though :whistle:

Trying to decide if I'll wear my two-piece all the way down, or just riding jeans and leather jacket. Either way, I probably only need the saddlebags, not the top bag. I pack light. Don't know accommodations yet, so I may have a sleeping bag and tent strapped across the top.

I have a Stop'n'Go ATV kit with CO2. Fits perfectly in the tailsection under the seat. You can see all their stuff here. Mine just has the "licorice sticks," reamer, tool, and CO2 The only time I've used it was to give a bicyclist some CO2. :lol: I finally found a local Ski/Bike shop that has refills- something like $1.50 for a 16g.

Not sure what additional tools would be good to have. Definitely zip ties! Stuff to clean/lube the chain, maybe remove wheels and fairings. I'm sure a kickstand puck is a no-brainer, and I finally got one. Always have a cargo net and a couple rags and bungee cord in the tail.

Oh yeah- CAMERA! I need a new one. Turns out my micro tank bag in the cold with the vibration kills them :idk: Who'da thunk? So it will get packed in the saddlebags with soft stuff this time.

ericr 01-11-2009 11:23 AM

i know of quite a few people that carry this compact air pump http://directlineparts.com/product.a...1&ID=507503745

and I've heard you can get the same thing at Wal-mart too.

I've got this little plug kit, haven't had to use it though so don't know how well this type plug would work.
http://directlineparts.com/product.a...1&ID=507503745

For tools, I usually just carry the stock tool kit that came with the bike and a set of metric ball allen wrenches that should take care of most minor repairs.

derf 01-11-2009 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 143883)
I will def look into that. We got clobbered by the rain riding to the Cf rally in sept and my feet and hands were soaked. The rest of my gear held up well , and i had my track gloves in the car my gf was driving so i had a dry pair for the weekend.

Tom

Yeh we did get quite wet, but honestly for the most part my $10 home depot rainsuit worked wonders, my gloves were damp, and so were my boots, but other than that I was alright. Plus that was just about the worst rain I can ever imagine riding in unless we were going through a hurricane.

As far as the repair kit/emergency stuff... Stuff that I would normally take with me include

-chain lube
-bicycle tire pump (it does work enough to get me to a gas station)
-Tire repair kit
-an extra set of generic cables
-zip ties
-small tool bag
-gerber
-flashlight
-small rubber hose
-spare key zip tied to sub frame (very hidden and hard to get to)
-2x rachet straps

Mr Lefty 01-11-2009 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derf (Post 143958)
Yeh we did get quite wet, but honestly for the most part my $10 home depot rainsuit worked wonders, my gloves were damp, and so were my boots, but other than that I was alright. Plus that was just about the worst rain I can ever imagine riding in unless we were going through a hurricane.

As far as the repair kit/emergency stuff... Stuff that I would normally take with me include

-chain lube
-bicycle tire pump (it does work enough to get me to a gas station)
-Tire repair kit
-an extra set of generic cables
-zip ties
-small tool bag
-gerber
-flashlight
-small rubber hose
-spare key zip tied to sub frame (very hidden and hard to get to)
-2x rachet straps

:lol: my trip was through Ike to be exact...

derf 01-11-2009 02:40 PM

Ike sucked.

The ride to the CF rally last year had me following what I could barely make out as a red light, no matter how close or far I was from Tommy all I could see was a faint red glow.

Mr Lefty 01-11-2009 02:45 PM

yeah I was in northern AR riding down to FL... fuck'n SOAKED... 3hrs of absolute solid rain... I had to ride with my visor open and my head down to just look over the wind screen as I couldn't go fast enough to get the wind to clean my visor... and wiping it just made it 10x worse.

then... got down into mississippi and it was hot as a motherfucker... yeah my gear smelled awesome! :lol:

Phenix_Rider 01-11-2009 02:50 PM

I've ridden in some heavy rain. Wet feet, wet hands, soggy crotch. My head and upper body weren't bad except where the vents let water in. As long as I have dry clothes where I'm going, I don't much care. Now, hydroplaning bothers me! I love passing cagers in bad weather :lol:

Mr Lefty 01-11-2009 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phenix_Rider (Post 143970)
I've ridden in some heavy rain. Wet feet, wet hands, soggy crotch. My head and upper body weren't bad except where the vents let water in. As long as I have dry clothes where I'm going, I don't much care. Now, hydroplaning bothers me! I love passing cagers in bad weather :lol:

yeah I'll bet... never had that sensation while riding... and honestly... hope I never do! :lol:

Cutty72 01-11-2009 02:53 PM

Quote:

Hey ebbs, you should tell all the CFers what not to do when you get a flat tire :whistle:

And the frog togs work great! Had them on, hood up under my helmet, and plastic bags over my feet in my boots. Only thing that got wet was my hands :dthumb:

Phenix_Rider 01-11-2009 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebbs15 (Post 143971)
yeah I'll bet... never had that sensation while riding... and honestly... hope I never do! :lol:

I hope you don't. My front wheel lifted, and I had to slow down to get it back on the pavement. Had the wonderful choice of riding in ruts full of water, or center lane oil slick. Got lots of crazy looks :zowned:

Mr Lefty 01-11-2009 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cutty72 (Post 143972)
Hey ebbs, you should tell all the CFers what not to do when you get a flat tire :whistle:

And the frog togs work great! Had them on, hood up under my helmet, and plastic bags over my feet in my boots. Only thing that got wet was my hands :dthumb:

you mean like take it to a dealership and take their word on the fact that slime will work just fine and you can run it just like normal for at least a week... :panic:

yeah... slime=teh suck

Cutty72 01-11-2009 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebbs15 (Post 143980)
you mean like take it to a dealership and take their word on the fact that slime will work just fine and you can run it just like normal for at least a week... :panic:

yeah... slime=teh suck

That and not putting your kickstand down before you try airing up your flat tire :lol:

Mr Lefty 01-11-2009 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cutty72 (Post 143982)
That and not putting your kickstand down before you try airing up your flat tire :lol:

no... the kickstand was down... but the bike was resting balanced on the rim... not the kickstand like I thought. and with the exhaust being both heavy and on the opposite side of the kick stand... that's the side it fell to.

ahh joy

derf 01-12-2009 11:32 PM

Another choice that I'm looking at, looks like the twisted throttle bag, but $50 less

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...-Tail-Bag.aspx

Found it cheaper at dennis kirk

http://www.denniskirk.com/1/1/121175...g-1001791.html

And another great place to meet is the harley place right over the deleware memorial bridge. Plus it would be kinda funny to tell the harley crowd that we are shooting down to GA for the weekend.

tommymac 01-13-2009 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derf (Post 144620)
Another choice that I'm looking at, looks like the twisted throttle bag, but $50 less

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...-Tail-Bag.aspx

Found it cheaper at dennis kirk

And another great place to meet is the harley place right over the deleware memorial bridge. Plus it would be kinda funny to tell the harley crowd that we are shooting down to GA for the weekend.

That first bag looks prety good and twisted throttle makes good stuff. A friend of mine from CF works for them too. I am hoping to see him at the bike show this weekend.

Tom

Phenix_Rider 01-13-2009 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derf (Post 144620)

:rofl: The assless chaps crowd would think you're insane, and the lone 'stich wearer would say "just a day ride."

tommymac 01-13-2009 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phenix_Rider (Post 144711)
:rofl: The assless chaps crowd would think you're insane, and the lone 'stich wearer would say "just a day ride."

they would hate us for being on crotch rockets too. Derf has a 954 and I am on an aprilia futura ( or at least plan to be) so they dont know what to make of that :lol: I tell people its an aprilia then ask is it a ducati:idk:

Tom

Sixxxxer 01-13-2009 09:05 AM

I'll be on a 6R...Not Exactly a Harley ;)

derf 01-13-2009 05:45 PM

Tommy, your bike looks like akira could be riding it.

I just thought the harley shop might be a funny place to meet.

And those bags that I posted, I think that they are the same as the twisted throttle one, they look the same except for the colors. I would bet money that its the same manufacturer with a different name stuck on the bag. They both have the same specs, general design, and generally look the same.

Cutty72 01-13-2009 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 144714)
they would hate us for being on crotch rockets too. Derf has a 954 and I am on an aprilia futura ( or at least plan to be) so they dont know what to make of that :lol: I tell people its an aprilia then ask is it a ducati:idk:

Tom

Yeah, I've been told I ride an Aprillia, a MV, and even a Benelli... NO dumbass, it says BUELL real big right there on the airbox cover... read.

rogue 01-13-2009 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cutty72 (Post 145188)
Yeah, I've been told I ride an Aprillia, a MV, and even a Benelli... NO dumbass, it says BUELL real big right there on the airbox cover... read.

I've had that happen to me alot. They're looking at the bike...they see the big SUZUKI on the tank, and they still ask me...is that a Ninja? Ugh

Sixxxxer 01-13-2009 08:43 PM

It does look like a Kawi though Rogue...Dont lie

Cutty72 01-13-2009 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sixxxxer (Post 145206)

um, not really... never had anyone think my SV was anything else :idk:
Though most do think i wrecked it or something, since it's "missing" it's fairings. :lol:

derf 01-13-2009 09:43 PM

The first time I saw an SV I thought the guy had the fairings off.

rogue 01-13-2009 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sixxxxer (Post 145206)

:lol: Having an SV makes it easy for me to tell who knows a little about bikes & who are trying to impress me with what they don't know. It seems anyone who rides knows it's an SV.....those that want to appear to know something always give me something it's not. What's funny is when they combine 2 different bikes....like a Suzuki R6. :lmao:

tommymac 01-14-2009 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cutty72 (Post 145188)

Sometimes i can almost let it go if I have my tank bag on since it covers the logo. the best was a guy comes up to me and asks me do you know what kind of bike I have:idk:

ummmm yes I do dumbass I paid 10k for it I should at least know what the hell I am buying. Most of the time I just roll with the stupid questions but I told this guy to go away before he angers me.

Tom

asdgirl 01-14-2009 08:04 PM

I voted no because I live in Dahlonega so I can just come home :D

If anyone wants to stay at my place I've got two extra rooms with their own full baths!! ;)

Can't wait to meet y'all!!!

Sixxxxer 01-15-2009 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asdgirl (Post 145895)

If anyone wants to stay at my place I've got two extra rooms with their own full baths!! ;)

Can I come over and cuddle?? :idk:

Amber Lamps 01-15-2009 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asdgirl (Post 145895)

Hey Rogue,why don't you and I share a room? Hopefully the shower is big enough for two....

Katherine 01-15-2009 04:05 PM

This is just 5hrs and 38mins from my house. hmmm...

:dv:
(this smilie has no purpose other than I wanted to use it)

rogue 01-15-2009 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TIGGER (Post 146161)
Hey Rogue,why don't you and I share a room? Hopefully the shower is big enough for two....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Mr Lefty 01-16-2009 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katherine (Post 146593)
This is just 5hrs and 38mins from my house. hmmm...

:dv:
(this smilie has no purpose other than I wanted to use it)

so does that mean you'll get lost again and end up arriving at 1am?

Quick281 01-16-2009 01:05 AM

Wish I could go to this thing, but I will be in Alaska by then. But hey, if I don't make it to AK then for sure I will be able to go.

Mr Lefty 01-16-2009 03:46 AM

when you gonna be in AK?

Katherine 01-16-2009 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebbs15 (Post 146832)
so does that mean you'll get lost again and end up arriving at 1am?

I wasn't lost. I was given bad directions right before my GPS died.

p.s. Hydroplaning on the interstate down a mountain at night with lightening on either side of the road with a semi in front/behind/beside me is equivalent to that stupid mountain Trip took us down.

derf 01-16-2009 01:05 PM

So I bout this bag, should come in the mail next week, and I'll write my thoughts on it. I wound up spending a nice chunk of change at denniskirk last night. Between the bag, a rear tire, windshield and some other small things I think I should have just made a mortgage payment instead.

Quick281 01-16-2009 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebbs15 (Post 146852)
when you gonna be in AK?

If all goes well I am hoping to be in AK at the beginning of May. : (

I applied for my job in Talkeetna again and got a better position than last summer. Gonna go up there and maybe stay a while, things suck down here.

Mr Lefty 01-16-2009 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katherine (Post 147007)
I wasn't lost. I was given bad directions right before my GPS died.

p.s. Hydroplaning on the interstate down a mountain at night with lightening on either side of the road with a semi in front/behind/beside me is equivalent to that stupid mountain Trip took us down.

:lol: yet both times you made it through just fine... scary but thrilling... and at least for me... Trip's road was AWESOME! Semi's in the rain... not so much

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quick281 (Post 147262)
If all goes well I am hoping to be in AK at the beginning of May. : (

I applied for my job in Talkeetna again and got a better position than last summer. Gonna go up there and maybe stay a while, things suck down here.

well... good luck bro... I'll be driving down in about 3 weeks... can't wait!

Cutty72 01-16-2009 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebbs15 (Post 147389)

Hey, it might actually be warm by then :lol: We are up to 2 degrees right now!

rogue 01-16-2009 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derf (Post 147100)

So I bout this bag, should come in the mail next week, and I'll write my thoughts on it. I wound up spending a nice chunk of change at denniskirk last night. Between the bag, a rear tire, windshield and some other small things I think I should have just made a mortgage payment instead.

I'm almost scared to know how much I'm going to be spending on the bike soon. I have some small maintainence shit I need to do, inlcuding buying a set of new tires. I'm probably going to need them come rally time.

Mr Lefty 01-16-2009 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derf (Post 147100)

when it comes in I'd like to see some better pics... is it one giant compartment? or split off?

the only problem I had with my cortech saddle bags was the rain fly's... they SUCK... because of all the straps you have to use to secure them, you can't secure the rain fly properly. I had to cinch them up... then use the cord and tie them to my bike so when they flew off (which they did a couple times) I didn't loose them.

and you cannot ride with out the rain fly's.... the bags are made of sponge apparently. can't even sit for a couple minutes with out soaking through.
I'll be packing my clothes in plastic bags first... and leaving the covers at home I think.

Cutty72 01-16-2009 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogue (Post 147399)
I'm almost scared to know how much I'm going to be spending on the bike soon. I have some small maintainence shit I need to do, inlcuding buying a set of new tires. I'm probably going to need them come rally time.

No doubt.
Before I leave in July, I would like to get the following on my 1125.
-Drummer exhaust
-GPR Stabilizer
-HID's
-New tires (wear out the PP's first)

Phenix_Rider 01-16-2009 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebbs15 (Post 147402)
and you cannot ride with out the rain fly's.... the bags are made of sponge apparently. can't even sit for a couple minutes with out soaking through.
I'll be packing my clothes in plastic bags first... and leaving the covers at home I think.

Adding ziplock bags to my list... I don't need parachutes :lol:

Mr Lefty 01-16-2009 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phenix_Rider (Post 147414)
Adding ziplock bags to my list... I don't need parachutes :lol:

:lol:

if you pull the cinch cord tight... and tie it off tight. you won't have an issue... but on trips like that... peace of mind is PRICELESS!

derf 01-16-2009 09:03 PM

I already have a set of saddle bags, which I am completely unhappy with. They never stayed put on my ninja, so I kept them around just in case it was just me or that particular bike. I loaned them out, and I tried them on my CBR, and they still would flop in the wind.

I dunno so far except for my oversized backpack which I ratched strap to my seat I've been pretty unhappy with luggage. I will take pictures and write a nice review.

Mr Lefty 01-16-2009 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derf (Post 147431)
I already have a set of saddle bags, which I am completely unhappy with. They never stayed put on my ninja, so I kept them around just in case it was just me or that particular bike. I loaned them out, and I tried them on my CBR, and they still would flop in the wind.

I dunno so far except for my oversized backpack which I ratched strap to my seat I've been pretty unhappy with luggage. I will take pictures and write a nice review.

like I said... other than the rain cover thing... I had no issues with my luggage... and never had a problem with them flapp'n in the wind :idk:

Quick281 01-16-2009 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebbs15 (Post 147389)
:lol: yet both times you made it through just fine... scary but thrilling... and at least for me... Trip's road was AWESOME! Semi's in the rain... not so much

So are you up at Elmendorf now? Where do you head to next?

Mr Lefty 01-16-2009 09:28 PM

I'm in Korea right now... I was at Elmendorf before here. but I've gotta go back to get all my stuff and drive it down to Mississippi. I'll be stationed at Keesler in Biloxi for the next 4 years.

Quick281 01-16-2009 09:42 PM

Ahhh, so you come back to the US and move straight down? I got it.

You know I have been pondering a stint in the AF. I can't see it being something I would ever look back on and regret.

Mr Lefty 01-16-2009 09:56 PM

well the military isn't for everyone... but if you've done a stint of working before coming in the military odds are you'll like it. most people who hate the military have never worked on the outside and think things are sooo much better out there.

there are lots of +'s and -'s. you get to travel... but only where the government alows you. you're given 30 days of paid vacation a year... but not always allowed to use them (as my 68 day leave balance can attest to).

all in all... I love the military, but I hate my job. if you can find something that sounds interesting, try to find someone that actually does that job in the military and ask them a no bullshit view.

if you get serious... I can find someone for ya to ask in just about any career field.

Trip 01-16-2009 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katherine (Post 147007)
is equivalent to that stupid mountain Trip took us down.

You love me and my road, you know it.

God I am going stir crazy, must ride, must ride, must ride

Mr Lefty 01-16-2009 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 147463)

You!? I'm die'n here... 3 weeks till I'm in AK and getting ready to head down.

I'm so stoked to get down there and get my bike... :tt:

ericr 01-16-2009 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 147463)

So what road was it Trip?

Mr Lefty 01-16-2009 10:29 PM

one that leads to Indy... in a round about way :whistle: :lol:

Cutty72 01-16-2009 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebbs15 (Post 147466)
You!? I'm die'n here... 3 weeks till I'm in AK and getting ready to head down.

I'm so stoked to get down there and get my bike... :tt:

Do you know for sure what you're getting?

Mr Lefty 01-16-2009 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cutty72 (Post 147499)
Do you know for sure what you're getting?

no... I've yet to sit on any of the 09's and 08's... so that'll have a big say in what I get... I've also yet to see them in person. well actually I saw Riders 08 750 in person and Trip's 06 600rr.. but haven't taken a really close look.

Cutty72 01-16-2009 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebbs15 (Post 147508)
no... I've yet to sit on any of the 09's and 08's... so that'll have a big say in what I get... I've also yet to see them in person. well actually I saw Riders 08 750 in person and Trip's 06 600rr.. but haven't taken a really close look.

I know someone selling a Kawasaki Eliminator (thats a 125cc "cruiser" fyi) loopy :lol:

j/k I really like the looks of the 600RR.. the green actually looks good in person.

Mr Lefty 01-16-2009 11:45 PM

I'm actually lean'n towards the GSXR... as I like the orange and black one...
http://www.suzukicycles.com/images/P...nge_e28c30.jpg

but like I said... I really need to sit on one...

I hate that green... ugh... I wish I could find an orange 08 :drool:
http://motorracing.getpaidfrom.us/fi...0rr_orange.jpg

rogue 01-16-2009 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cutty72 (Post 147408)
No doubt.
Before I leave in July, I would like to get the following on my 1125.
-Drummer exhaust
-GPR Stabilizer
-HID's
-New tires (wear out the PP's first)

I just want new tires...and maybe a new chain and sprockets, depending upon the condition mine are in when time gets closer. I might get some saddlebags if I can find some I like. That's still debatable as I really don't need alot of room to carry my stuff. :lol:

Mr Lefty 01-16-2009 11:57 PM

what I'd do Rogue is, try pack'n a back pack with all the stuff you think you'll need. then just get a bungee net and strap it on your pillion. you should be fine. you really shouldn't need saddle bags unless it's a long multi day trip where you're gonna be on the road with out a chance to wash your stuff...

really... I'm think'n about just mailing my shit up a week prior. :idk: just take'n my tail bag with my laptop and camera in it.

Cutty72 01-17-2009 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogue (Post 147537)
I just want new tires...and maybe a new chain and sprockets, depending upon the condition mine are in when time gets closer. I might get some saddlebags if I can find some I like. That's still debatable as I really don't need alot of room to carry my stuff. :lol:

The PP's on mine only have about 1K on 'em. Hoping to get another 4-5, plus one TD in there on 'em.
I don't have a chain :sorry:
And yeah, I need to get some luggage too, a good tail bag is what I really want to find, but I don't consider that a "bike" accessory, just an accessory.

rogue 01-17-2009 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebbs15 (Post 147543)
what I'd do Rogue is, try pack'n a back pack with all the stuff you think you'll need. then just get a bungee net and strap it on your pillion. you should be fine. you really shouldn't need saddle bags unless it's a long multi day trip where you're gonna be on the road with out a chance to wash your stuff...

really... I'm think'n about just mailing my shit up a week prior. :idk: just take'n my tail bag with my laptop and camera in it.

I did that when I went to Austin. But that was for a 3 day trip. I plan to be gone longer this time. I may just mail a big box to Eric's. We'll see. Nothing about what I'm doing for the rally is set in stone and is always subject to change. :lol:

Mr Lefty 01-17-2009 01:06 AM

yeah I hear ya... I'm really consider'n just maili'n a box... but then again for me... it'll just be 2 or 3 shirts, pair of shorts, and socks and underware to last the trip (so one pair :lol:)

derf 01-17-2009 01:10 AM

I wasnt really planning on bringing clothes, i thought this was a nudist meeting?

Mr Lefty 01-17-2009 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derf (Post 147584)
I wasnt really planning on bringing clothes, i thought this was a nudist meeting?

:lol: sorry too many sausages for that shit

derf 01-17-2009 01:49 AM

wait?!? there are other guys here? I thought I was the only one! Fuck me

rogue 01-17-2009 01:54 AM

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Wait...how many females are supposed to be there. Am I the only one? :panic:

derf 01-17-2009 01:56 AM

hopefully not, I am getting a bed big enough for 4 people so it better be at least rogue plus 2

rogue 01-17-2009 02:05 AM

Yeah, cause two people is just damn boring.... :p

derf 01-17-2009 02:06 AM

not if they be all nekkid and shit

rogue 01-17-2009 02:06 AM

And not hairy :p

Sixxxxer 01-17-2009 02:07 AM

Im always down to cuddle...we can make a rogue sandwich!

derf 01-17-2009 02:08 AM

if anyone shows up with hair i got a buzzer to get rid of the brillo pad

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sixxxxer (Post 147597)
Im always down to cuddle...we can make a rogue sandwich!

done, the sandwich will be of her, but youre not invited

rogue 01-17-2009 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derf (Post 147598)
if anyone shows up with hair i got a buzzer to get rid of the brillo pad

:lmao: :lmao:

derf 01-17-2009 02:14 AM

see she knows the story of the HPG (hairy pussy girl). the hpg was the only girl that I have ever faked it for, and in the future if a girl ever has a brillo pad I will cut it off first, without asking.

rogue 01-17-2009 02:22 AM

To say she didn't use cream rinse is an understatement. :rofl: :rofl:

derf 01-17-2009 02:30 AM

Astro puff

GO

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/images.../astroboy2.jpg

rogue 01-17-2009 02:39 AM

:rofl:

You've got to stop. There's no way I'm going to be able to settle down and go to sleep if you keep cracking me up! :lmao:

Mr Lefty 01-17-2009 03:04 AM

I think there's a few female's going... Rae said she want's to go, I think Kat might, don't know about any one else...

rogue 01-17-2009 03:30 AM

I hope so. As much of a tomboy as I am, as much as I hang around guys and used to being picked on for being the only female, I don't like to feel like I stand out. I'd much rather just blend in. :lol:

Also, I hope there's someone there slower than me because I'm really slow! :lol: Seriously, I don't like feeling as if I may be holding a group up. That's why I don't ride with more than one or two people.

Quick281 01-17-2009 03:31 AM

I don't think speed is anything you will need to worry about. Everyone around here seems cool enough to hang back a bit. But the routes are easy enough that regrouping at stops will be fine. :dthumb:

Mr Lefty 01-17-2009 03:40 AM

yeah... DO NOT WORRY about being slow... 1. we don't want anyone hurt try'n to ride above themselves. and 2. no one CARES! the only person who matters when it comes to how you ride... is YOU.

I'm a slow rider... I still consider myself a noob. after all haven't got that much seat time.

in all honesty... if we were to set out on a trip and you all left me... I'd have no problems what so ever... I enjoy riding even at my slow pace... I could care less what you guys do. we'll all meet up for dinner and shoot the shit at the end of the day anyhow!

rogue 01-17-2009 03:53 AM

I'm kinda of used to being the last one to be waited for and that's cool. I get a little nervous riding roads I haven't been on before, especially if they're nice and twisty with blind curves. We don't have alot of decent roads here to ride to really get what alot of people consider a good ride. Most of the time I find myself trying to tiptoe the bike through pot holes, rough ripples in the road, etc. :lol: If it wasn't for the roads being pavement bad, we'd actually have some decent places to ride.

Honestly I usually do fine except in tight blind curves, then I slow down. I went down in a tight blind curve due to the bad pavement so I guess I still have a hang up about it. :idk:

And I also like being last in the group as it means I can ride at my own speed and the rider ahead of me typically has good lines and I follow them and study them. It helps me learn. Since I don't ride in groups that often, I don't get that pleasure. Most people who ride here ride like asses and really don't know how to ride in a group. It's more like every man for himself, without care or caution to others.

I used to have a small group I rode with, about 6 of us, but over the years, bikes have broken, been sold, etc, so I only have one person I get to ride with now and that's seldom.

For the most part, my comment about being really slow was mainly a joke, although I do feel I am somewhat slow. But I'm ok with it. Just as long as people wait for me at turn points, etc, I'm a happy rider. :) You do your thing; I'll do mine. ;)

Edit to add: And like Ebbs said, at the end of the day, we'll all be together, bullshitting, drinking, and having more fun! :D

And I don't mind if anyone has suggestions to help me be a better rider. I really like it when someone takes time to help me become a better rider. :)

We'll see. Some have said I'm slow, some say I'm fine. Most say I don't "ride like a girl". :lol:

Mr Lefty 01-17-2009 04:19 AM

:lol: yeah no need to worry about it. you'll be fine. if we do a group ride... we'll make sure everyone knows the route...

I just hope no one gets offended if I take off and ride if everyone wants to chill and eat and drink... as long as it's not dark... I'll be riding. I've ridden in twisty's in the dark.. NOT FUN...

rogue 01-17-2009 04:35 AM

That's something I'm apt to do as well. I'll ride until it's dark or until I'm exhausted, whichever happens first.

Amber Lamps 01-17-2009 04:35 AM

Don't worry about it Rogue,I'll hang back with you and we'll go on a little "private ride" of our own......

Mr Lefty 01-17-2009 04:38 AM

isn't that banjo country? :lol:

Amber Lamps 01-17-2009 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebbs15 (Post 147623)
isn't that banjo country? :lol:

True...if they caught me with her,it would quickly revert back into negro hanging from a tree country....:panic:

rogue 01-17-2009 05:23 AM

Let's not talk about hanging, mkay? I'm about 20 miles north of Jena and I'm still pissed off about the damn nooses and everything the happened down there. Stupid fucking mess of bullshit is all it was. :rolleyes:

tommymac 01-17-2009 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebbs15 (Post 147610)
yeah... DO NOT WORRY about being slow... 1. we don't want anyone hurt try'n to ride above themselves. and 2. no one CARES! the only person who matters when it comes to how you ride... is YOU.

I'm a slow rider... I still consider myself a noob. after all haven't got that much seat time.

in all honesty... if we were to set out on a trip and you all left me... I'd have no problems what so ever... I enjoy riding even at my slow pace... I could care less what you guys do. we'll all meet up for dinner and shoot the shit at the end of the day anyhow!

What if we blow ya off for dinner too, then will ya get the hint :lol:

Tom