Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Events (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   Official rally pics thread (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=8044)

tommymac 05-22-2009 05:25 PM

5 Attachment(s)
heres a few of mine, maybe not up to the quality of of sixxer and ebbs but here goes

tommymac 05-22-2009 05:29 PM

5 Attachment(s)
more

Gas Man 05-22-2009 06:22 PM

Did you take your snake with you?

tommymac 05-22-2009 07:07 PM

He was eagerly waiting for me when I got home :lol:

Tom

Gas Man 05-23-2009 01:00 AM

So what's up with the receipt in the pic?

Lamnidae 05-23-2009 09:00 AM

maybe next year I shall return.

CrazyKell 05-23-2009 01:59 PM

Great pics guys. Can't believe I missed you by one week!

Amorok 05-24-2009 12:30 PM

Man, every time I see myself or my bike in one of these pics I get a little sad. I'm totally just living that week over and over again in my head. After I got back we had an excercise, and the whole time I was sitting on UCC I was thinking "Man, I miss trees and hills." I can't wait until next time I'm able to get away.

CrazyKell 05-24-2009 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amorok (Post 215666)
Man, every time I see myself or my bike in one of these pics I get a little sad. I'm totally just living that week over and over again in my head. After I got back we had an excercise, and the whole time I was sitting on UCC I was thinking "Man, I miss trees and hills." I can't wait until next time I'm able to get away.

Too right! I went for a ride today and I almost poked my eyes out it was so straight and boring here. :(

I'd move there in a heartbeat!

tached1000rr 05-24-2009 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyKell (Post 215713)
Too right! I went for a ride today and I almost poked my eyes out it was so straight and boring here. :(

I'd move there in a heartbeat!

Come on down Kell, there's lots more roads here that are "Gap-like" A few I like better cause they are never crowded are unknown

CrazyKell 05-24-2009 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tached1000rr (Post 215714)
Come on down Kell, there's lots more roads here that are "Gap-like" A few I like better cause they are never crowded are unknown

US129 was actually one of my least favourite roads. There were others I liked waaaay more.

Amorok 05-27-2009 08:32 PM

I liked all of them. All over.

Trip 05-27-2009 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyKell (Post 215719)
US129 was actually one of my least favourite roads. There were others I liked waaaay more.

It is overrated for most riders, it's just got too much publicity so people think that's where they need to go when they probably should be elsewhere. What it is awesome for is the condition of the pavement, the maintenance of it by the locals, the engineering of the corners, the lack of side roads, which pretty much make it a track with lots of traffic going both ways. If you want more of a fun ride and scenery, there are definitely better roads. The gap is one of a kind though around these parts for speed. It's also one of the best people watching places I ever been to.

CrazyKell 05-27-2009 08:46 PM

OH I liked riding it but I liked a couple of other roads way more.

Cherohala (until my friend wrecked) and my personal fave: Foothills Parkway!

derf 05-27-2009 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 217022)
It is overrated for most riders, it's just got too much publicity so people think that's where they need to go when they probably should be elsewhere. What it is awesome for is the condition of the pavement, the maintenance of it by the locals, the engineering of the corners, the lack of side roads, which pretty much make it a track with lots of traffic going both ways. If you want more of a fun ride and scenery, there are definitely better roads. The gap is one of a kind though around these parts for speed. It's also one of the best people watching places I ever been to.

Add to that if you ride to the end you know that there are no police between you and the NC border. That is the most awesomest part.

Phenix_Rider 05-27-2009 09:27 PM

129 was the nicest, tightest road I was on down there. After coming back here, I can see that my skill has improved from riding it. Even more than a trackday. Definitely overhyped, but we missed most of the traffic so it wasn't as crowded as I always hear. Unfortunately, the mowing screwed up a lot of other roads around.

The Skyway was fun, but too fast really. More of an effort to slow down and watch the scenery than absolute focus on riding. A lot of the roads around Suches would have been incredible if they had better pavement. The one- Blood Mountain? three lane in places- gave me a false sense of security just because it had good surface. I got in over my head and had to force myself to slow down. I thought I was going to crack my head a few places on 60 with all the rock hanging almost out to the white line.

Trip 05-27-2009 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyKell (Post 217023)
OH I liked riding it but I liked a couple of other roads way more.

Cherohala (until my friend wrecked) and my personal fave: Foothills Parkway!

Ok you are banned from this area of the country. Foothills Parkway is absolutely one of the worst roads here. Blasphemy!!!

Cherrycola is too easy for me to lose my job, foothills too. You can get federal tickets there, which are easily over $250, which are ones I have report or I will lose security clearance.

Riceaholic 05-28-2009 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 217075)
Ok you are banned from this area of the country. Foothills Parkway is absolutely one of the worst roads here. Blasphemy!!!

Cherrycola is too easy for me to lose my job, foothills too. You can get federal tickets there, which are easily over $250, which are ones I have report or I will lose security clearance.

Foothills is fun at well over 100...it's over faster too which means you can get to better roads...:lol:

was92v 05-28-2009 07:20 AM

129 through the Gap is the best road I have ever ridden.. when there is no one on it.
But since the days of riding it for hours without ever seeing another bike, car or cop are history I don't have a fave anymore. The Foothills is a good road, but like the lake ride, it was always a great place to win a Govt issued Performance award or a visit to jail. Once you got past the 1st hard left going up, you used to be pretty safe from official observation. "sigh"

CrazyKell 05-28-2009 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 217075)

:whatwhat: I loved Foothills. I was able to focus a bit more on things I wanted to without worrying about other bikes.....oh and I was able to really rip. Luckily (or not...) I didn't even think about tickets. :tremble: Good to know though. ;)

Oh and Cherrycola is fun but after having a friend wreck at Mile Marker 5 and see him lying face down (thought he was dead) it's kind of taken some of the shine off that road for me.

One airlift to Knoxville, one broken clavicle, broken shoulder, 5 broken ribs, and a broken tibia......complete with an hour long roadside wait up from the site a bit waiting to hear if he was even alive. Yeah some of the shine of that road has rubbed off for me. :(

Trip 05-28-2009 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyKell (Post 217146)
:whatwhat: I loved Foothills. I was able to focus a bit more on things I wanted to without worrying about other bikes.....oh and I was able to really rip. Luckily (or not...) I didn't even think about tickets. :tremble: Good to know though. ;)

Oh and Cherrycola is fun but after having a friend wreck at Mile Marker 5 and see him lying face down (thought he was dead) it's kind of taken some of the shine off that road for me.

One airlift to Knoxville, one broken clavicle, broken shoulder, 5 broken ribs, and a broken tibia......complete with an hour long roadside wait up from the site a bit waiting to hear if he was even alive. Yeah some of the shine of that road has rubbed off for me. :(

Yeah, the federal tickets come with mandatory vacations to the gap too. You have to go to court to get your punishment no matter if you just want to pay them and move on and not fight.

Yeah, seeing something like that is always terrible. However, there wouldn't be any roads for me to ride because I know people that have gone down almost on all these roads. :lol:

CrazyKell 05-28-2009 08:22 AM

Well I liked the Cherrycola and the Foothills for the scenery too. It wasn't just the riding-ness of them for me. :idk:

Maybe it was because I felt a lot of pressure at the Gap that I didn't like it as much. :idk:

I mean, don't get me wrong, I was still grinning ear to ear for most of that road!

AquaPython 05-28-2009 09:46 AM

the BRC is even better than the cherahola IMO

CrazyKell 05-28-2009 09:53 AM

I missed out on the ride they did to that one....but I did get to meet NinjaKel that day so that was better imo. :)

HokieDNA01 06-02-2009 02:01 PM

Oh I forgot to add this "little" guy that I got a chance to hold while in Helen. Not sure if you can see it but I'm FREAKIN out in the pic (scared of spiders).

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/d...01/Spider1.jpg

derf 06-02-2009 09:19 PM

Yeh I might have shit my pants for that one.

Mr Lefty 06-09-2009 10:22 PM

http://vimeo.com/5087210

CrazyKell 06-09-2009 10:30 PM

NIcely done! Love video/photo montages!

Woulda been better with a little less of that ugly jordan stuff though. :lol Just kidding Tig! :lmao:

derf 06-09-2009 10:41 PM

That was pretty cool, although you used a slightly depressing song

rogue 06-09-2009 11:15 PM

Very well done, Brandon. :dthumb:

Phenix_Rider 06-09-2009 11:56 PM

Very nice :rockwoot:

Mr Lefty 06-10-2009 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derf (Post 223293)
That was pretty cool, although you used a slightly depressing song

ehh just used what I had... my music is all on my other computer... and that was the only one that even slightly fit.

Lamnidae 06-10-2009 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyKell (Post 217163)
Well I liked the Cherrycola and the Foothills for the scenery too. It wasn't just the riding-ness of them for me. :idk:

Maybe it was because I felt a lot of pressure at the Gap that I didn't like it as much. :idk:

I mean, don't get me wrong, I was still grinning ear to ear for most of that road!

ya know i was the same, i had a fun time @ the Gap, but I preferred hellbender.

maybe it was just the pressure and the cops and the large amount of traffic, i dunno.

Quote:

Originally Posted by eBBs15 (Post 223336)
ehh just used what I had... my music is all on my other computer... and that was the only one that even slightly fit.

just saw that, very nice man, very nice.

you're gonna have to school me in how to do that stuff!

tommymac 06-10-2009 08:38 AM

Good stuff ebbs :dthumb:

but youre still not part of the circle :rockwoot:

Tom

Sixxxxer 06-10-2009 10:26 AM

Badass Ebbs...

Now I wanna Go Back

t-homo 06-10-2009 10:53 AM

Call me crazy, but I don't have that much interest in riding the gap.

CrazyKell 06-10-2009 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by t-rock (Post 223507)

The gap is awesome.....but just every single road in that area is COCK. It's such a cool area!

Trip 06-10-2009 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by t-rock (Post 223507)

you are missing out, it's a fun road

tommymac 06-10-2009 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 223518)

I thought the skyway was more fun of course untill i crashed on it :lol:

Tom

CrazyKell 06-10-2009 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 223521)

Tom

I thought it was fun too until a cruiser caused my buddy to crash (guard rail hit at about 60mph....not fun.). The ensuing air lift to Knoxville and the wait while not knowing whether he was alive or dead....not fun either. :nono:

ericr 06-10-2009 11:11 AM

Good job on the video Ebbs! :dthumb:

Trip 06-10-2009 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 223521)

Tom

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyKell (Post 223522)
I thought it was fun too until a cruiser caused my buddy to crash (guard rail hit at about 60mph....not fun.). The ensuing air lift to Knoxville and the wait while not knowing whether he was alive or dead....not fun either. :nono:

That's exactly why I dislike the skyway. For one it's not technical at all and it's a road that is only fun at close to 100 mph the whole time.

Sixxxxer 06-10-2009 11:15 AM

Yeah I was pushing close to 90 - 100 The whole way...It was a fast paced road.

Luckily for us it was on a slower day and there was not much traffic at all.

t-homo 06-10-2009 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 223518)

Too crowded and too many cops it sounds like to me. Here, we have pretty decent roads that are empty of traffic and cops.

Trip 06-10-2009 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by t-rock (Post 223676)
Too crowded and too many cops it sounds like to me. Here, we have pretty decent roads that are empty of traffic and cops.

eh, you just need to go with someone local and know what times to go. Hell I made passes by a smokey shooting me with radar to see how fast I could go on the DRZ on knobbies. :lol:

t-homo 06-10-2009 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 223690)
eh, you just need to go with someone local and know what times to go. Hell I made passes by a smokey shooting me with radar to see how fast I could go on the DRZ on knobbies. :lol:

Fair enough. By the time I make it there, you'll probably be half way around the world on the GS though.

Trip 02-28-2011 10:34 AM

Was stealing some pics for the TWO thread at ADV. God this rally was fun. We need to recapture what we had going for this rally and translate it into this years in september. Last year wasn't as fun.

Mr Lefty 02-28-2011 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 453073)
Was stealing some pics for the TWO thread at ADV. God this rally was fun. We need to recapture what we had going for this rally and translate it into this years in september. Last year wasn't as fun.

I think what we had was a common place for us all to chill... last year we all had cabins all spread out... so some people hung out at their cabins while others swam and others chilled on the deck.:2cents:

Trip 02-28-2011 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Lefty (Post 453088)
I think what we had was a common place for us all to chill... last year we all had cabins all spread out... so some people hung out at their cabins while others swam and others chilled on the deck.:2cents:

yeah, that was a big difference. Plus, it seemed like we did more stuff as a group. People seemed to be splitting up and doing their own rides a lot at the last one.

tommymac 02-28-2011 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Lefty (Post 453088)

yeah I think it would have been better if all of us were closer our cabin and amroks were way out in guam compared to all the others, but I did like the main cabin/restaurant area.

derf 02-28-2011 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 453073)

Got a link to the ADV thread on TWO?

Trip 02-28-2011 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derf (Post 453094)
Got a link to the ADV thread on TWO?

http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...wpost&t=663265

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 453091)
yeah I think it would have been better if all of us were closer our cabin and amroks were way out in guam compared to all the others, but I did like the main cabin/restaurant area.

No one was further out than me/brandon/kyle

tommymac 02-28-2011 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 453095)

it had to be close, our cabin/s were right by the entrance, kept thinking I was going to have a heart attack walking back and forth :lol:

Trip 02-28-2011 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 453098)
it had to be close, our cabin/s were right by the entrance, kept thinking I was going to have a heart attack walking back and forth :lol:

I never tried walking, it was further. You had to take this little road all the way to the very back of the property. It was ridiculously far back there. We had cows in the back. Only people even within walking distance to us was tigger and gas.

Mr Lefty 02-28-2011 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 453089)
yeah, that was a big difference. Plus, it seemed like we did more stuff as a group. People seemed to be splitting up and doing their own rides a lot at the last one.

yeah... that's what was nice about Helena... eating and go carts where we all had fun together... we need to find something like that for us to do...

like I've said... the riding was a distant third behind meeting new members and bsing over food or other group activities (go carts, swimming, drinking lol)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 453095)

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 453098)

no... we HAD to ride back and forth...

tommymac 02-28-2011 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 453099)
I never tried walking, it was further. You had to take this little road all the way to the very back of the property. It was ridiculously far back there. We had cows in the back. Only people even within walking distance to us was tigger and gas.

I didnt know how far back the property ran, there was a farm or some shit behind us with soem fucking rooster that wouldnt shut up, we wanted amrok to shoot it :lol:

derf 02-28-2011 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 453101)
I didnt know how far back the property ran, there was a farm or some shit behind us with soem fucking rooster that wouldnt shut up, we wanted amrok to shoot it :lol:

yeh the back cabins were pretty far, I seem to remember that it was over 1/2 mile from the lodge, plus that stupid hill that lead into the curved slippery bridge. Yeh real good design for a MC resort

Mr Lefty 02-28-2011 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derf (Post 453107)
yeh the back cabins were pretty far, I seem to remember that it was over 1/2 mile from the lodge, plus that stupid hill that lead into the curved slippery bridge. Yeh real good design for a MC resort

:lol: that's where I ate shit when I tried to stop and take a pic of a deer.

my "motorcycle safe" flip flop got caught on my offroad peg and I fell over :rofl:

all that scared the deer and I didn't even get a damn picture!

Trip 02-28-2011 12:58 PM

LOL, that was funneh, but not as funneh as gas getting his ass stuck.

derf 02-28-2011 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Lefty (Post 453108)

my "motorcycle safe" flip flop got caught on my offroad peg and I fell over :rofl:

I think a few people dropped their bikes there. I spun my back tire trying to make it up the hill the one time it was wet

tommymac 02-28-2011 01:03 PM

At least I was actualy on a ride when I dropped my bike 2 yrs ago :lol:

Trip 02-28-2011 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 453111)
At least I was actualy on a ride when I dropped my bike 2 yrs ago :lol:

You put it down on the skyway didnt you?

tommymac 02-28-2011 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 453113)
You put it down on the skyway didnt you?

yup, well on the grass by a rest stop on the skyway ;) I still get mad at myself for that :)

Mr Lefty 02-28-2011 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 453120)
yup, well on the grass by a rest stop on the skyway ;) I still get mad at myself for that :)

well maybe we need to avoid rest stops and pull offs LOL as we had you and nhgunnut go down like that!

tommymac 02-28-2011 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Lefty (Post 453123)
well maybe we need to avoid rest stops and pull offs LOL as we had you and nhgunnut go down like that!

that can work, prolly didnt help that I was railing trying to keep up with hokie and kerry on that stretch LOL

Trip 02-28-2011 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Lefty (Post 453123)

Yeah, but Drewpy, Razor, NtS, and Ambly went down in twisty sections. That is something we can't avoid.

Trip 02-28-2011 01:43 PM

You know, we haven't had anyone go down on blood mountain yet, let's stay away from that fucker.

We got the Skyway/Dragon/28/Richard Russell/Wayah all covered. Seems like all the big roads are hazards for us too.

Mr Lefty 02-28-2011 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 453133)
You know, we haven't had anyone go down on blood mountain yet, let's stay away from that fucker.

We got the Skyway/Dragon/28/Richard Russell/Wayah all covered. Seems like all the big roads are hazards for us too.

I think if we did have someone go down on Blood mountain it'd be bad... :no:

Trip 02-28-2011 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Lefty (Post 453142)
I think if we did have someone go down on Blood mountain it'd be bad... :no:

Not if it was on a pulloff, lol.

tommymac 02-28-2011 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 453156)
Not if it was on a pulloff, lol.

I am good at crashing on those, the other get off I had on the street was on a pull off :lol:

Sixxxxer 02-28-2011 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Lefty (Post 453108)

Maybe trip needs your Flip Flops for when he goes swimming in the pool? :lol

And Trips Cabin was def the furthest away...Before you all got there I drove around in the truck and was thinking damn this is isolated as shit from the main area.

I had fun at both...But we did more and did it together at the "first" rally

Just dont take us on a waterfall hike in full gear this year

dReWpY 02-28-2011 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 453101)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sixxxxer (Post 453188)
Maybe trip needs your Flip Flops for when he goes swimming in the pool? :lol

And Trips Cabin was def the furthest away...Before you all got there I drove around in the truck and was thinking damn this is isolated as shit from the main area.

The first true rally was the shit, best time

derf 02-28-2011 06:17 PM

Quote:

This year we had a blast at the bbq at your cabin, but yeh other than that the place was so spread out people just dissapeared. TWO was crappier, but gave a much more group oriented experience.

Quote:

Yes, no waterfalls please, unless I can see them from my seat.

Trip 02-28-2011 06:48 PM

We are doing a big hike this year up grandfather mtn. Come prepared.

derf 02-28-2011 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 453211)
We are doing a big hike this year up grandfather mtn. Come prepared.

jeans and sneakers, not a 1pc leather suit and race boots

Amber Lamps 02-28-2011 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derf (Post 453214)
jeans and sneakers, not a 1pc leather suit and race boots

You said it, bro...:lol:

ericr 02-28-2011 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 453128)
that can work, prolly didnt help that I was railing trying to keep up with hokie and kerry on that stretch LOL

Yeah, after they passed you I quit trying to keep up with them and then in that turn by the overlook I saw you on the centerline and I was thinking "now where is Tommy goin?" then it hit me you blew the turn and it was OH SHIT! I checked behind me before the turn and knew I was clear behind and hit the brakes hard in time to see you get slowed down then go down! It could have been way worse, glad it wasn't because I was gonna share that chicken dinner with you last year if we'd had one more morning or that damn rooster behind our cabin!! And this year...I got THE bike for rally time!!!

Amber Lamps 02-28-2011 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ericr (Post 453241)
Yeah, after they passed you I quit trying to keep up with them and then in that turn by the overlook I saw you on the centerline and I was thinking "now where is Tommy goin?" then it hit me you blew the turn and it was OH SHIT! I checked behind me before the turn and knew I was clear behind and hit the brakes hard in time to see you get slowed down then go down! It could have been way worse, glad it wasn't because I was gonna share that chicken dinner with you last year if we'd had one more morning or that damn rooster behind our cabin!! And this year...I got THE bike for rally time!!!

Yea baby, I can't wait for this year's riding...

Pst, okay riders when Trip and the girls are hiking, I say we go tear shit up now that my GF has more confidence and experience...and I can quit being a nervous nellie!!!:lol:

Trip 02-28-2011 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amber Lamps (Post 453256)
Pst, okay riders when Trip and the girls are hiking, I say we go tear shit up now that my GF has more confidence and experience...and I can quit being a nervous nellie!!!:lol:

I am going to make sure you end up on a jeep trail this year. LOL

Sixxxxer 02-28-2011 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amber Lamps (Post 453256)
Yea baby, I can't wait for this year's riding...

So long as she doesnt stop to make sure the grass is growing :lol

the chi 03-01-2011 09:35 AM

:lol: Was the second year the Trip/NTS/me adventure down the river? That was fairly epic, very small group that year tho...Im really down for the more hanging out, less randomly going in different directions. That's what always has made it so awesome in the past, and part of what made it less awesome this past year.

derf 03-01-2011 09:55 AM

Tuving sounds like a good single day activity.

Trip 03-01-2011 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the chi (Post 453352)
:lol: Was the second year the Trip/NTS/me adventure down the river? That was fairly epic, very small group that year tho...Im really down for the more hanging out, less randomly going in different directions. That's what always has made it so awesome in the past, and part of what made it less awesome this past year.

that was the 2nd year, it was pretty fun. I was so bruised from that.

the chi 03-01-2011 11:22 AM

I think I had more bruises from my "rescue" than I did from the trip down the rocks. :lol:

Amorok 03-09-2011 08:19 PM

Yeah, I think I'll pass on the hike in favor of riding. Especially now that I can keep up, unlike the first year when I made it everywhere 20 minutes after you guys.