Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Events (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   Southern Rally 2011 - Little Switzerland in September (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=16894)

tommymac 08-16-2011 10:20 PM

the tuggles place is about 9 and a half hrs if I slab it down 81, get off at exit 114 then its about 25 miles from there.

What time would you guys be getting there? I would try to get there by 7 or 8. Hopefully while I still have some daylight, then grab soem dinner and maybe abeer or 3 before turning in.

derf 08-16-2011 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 485898)
the tuggles place is about 9 and a half hrs if I slab it down 81, get off at exit 114 then its about 25 miles from there.

What time would you guys be getting there? I would try to get there by 7 or 8. Hopefully while I still have some daylight, then grab soem dinner and maybe abeer or 3 before turning in.

hehehe you said tuggles

Gas Man 08-16-2011 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derf (Post 485891)
So I'm thinking I might stay in Columbus OH Monday night, show up in detroit for teusday night and ride from there on wedensday. Maybe

Your call. I think I laid out my plan. You be on the CBR?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Morgan (Post 485896)
I can super slab it there in 9 1/2 hours and ride with you guys Friday. I'd miss a lot of good riding in WV, though. Decisions, decisions.

Hope you can join us for some. It's only a 4 more hours from there to Little Switz on Friday.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 485898)

Awesome. So you and Capt would both be meeting us there.

derf 08-16-2011 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gas Man (Post 485904)
Your call. I think I laid out my plan. You be on the CBR?

Probably not, the KLR is calling me for this trip. Switching between the two bikes its just way more comfortable to plop down on the KLR than hunch over the CBR. I can do highway speed easily, doing 80 all day on the KLR, I switched to a larger front sprocket.

Tuggles (hehehehe) seems like the place to stay

Gas Man 08-17-2011 07:10 PM

Ok, just wanted to make sure the KLR was going to be able to keep up.

Gas Man 08-22-2011 09:11 PM

Thursday night at tuggles?

Me, trip, derf, tommy

Capt?

Are we the entire rally? Same people for tuggles & big lynn lodge??

I want to call both places for reservations.

Trip 08-22-2011 09:19 PM

low turn out, suck

Should I call ontwo/kevin and see if he has any plans on coming?

Captain Morgan 08-22-2011 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gas Man (Post 486661)
Thursday night at tuggles?

Me, trip, derf, tommy

Capt?

Are we the entire rally? Same people for tuggles & big lynn lodge??

I want to call both places for reservations.

Don't know about tuggles yet. Classes start this week so I'll know when I see the syllabus.

Gas Man 08-22-2011 09:30 PM

Well if he comes that makes an even 6.

who else are we forgetting?

I just want to make sure rooming isn't an issue.

I still need to talk to derf about rooming wed night in waynesboro.

Thur night at tuggles, cool with everybody?

Fri & sat night at BLL

Sunday we all head out.

Gas Man 08-23-2011 10:10 PM

I have booked 1 room for derf and me in waynesboro for Wed Sep 14th night. Just a few miles from BRP.

Thursday, derf & I will do the BRP from there to Tuggles. It should be a nice, leisurely ride. We will stay here Thursday night. Trip is also meeting us here. It's $56 a night for 2 double beds. I have reserved 3 rooms.

Capt will let me/us know if he's game (depending on his class schedule).
Tommy, needs to let me/us know if he's in for the night.
Trip, is checking with Kyle & ontwo, to see if they are game.

This will determine if we need 2 or 3 rooms. Please let me know so I can adjust the reservation.

Friday, we will make a slow and liesurely ride down the BRP to Little Switz & Big Lyn Lodge. I will speak with Vickie tomorrow to confirm our rooms & pricing. Again, I'm shooting for 3 rooms.

Gentlemen, please let me know if anybody in the above list won't be staying for Friday & Saturday night.

Sunday, Trip & myself will finish the BRP and a trip thru the Smokey Mountains National Park putting us just south of Knoxville. Anybody & everybody is welcome to join us.