Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Dogs - Raw Diet Update (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=7592)

azoomm 08-25-2011 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gas Man (Post 486981)
He chases other dogs and people. I don't know if his hunting instincts are in tact... you can't exactly let your 140-150lb dog hunt shit!

Plus I'm not dealing with that, thanks anyway. I need other suggestions...

Sorry, I won't be much help. My first thought was to have him get rid of those pesky neighborhood kids :lol:

Gas Man 08-25-2011 08:14 AM

Nah... those are my neighborhood kids. As in my alternative to my own.

OneSickPsycho 08-25-2011 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gas Man (Post 486981)
He chases other dogs and people. I don't know if his hunting instincts are in tact... you can't exactly let your 140-150lb dog hunt shit!

Plus I'm not dealing with that, thanks anyway. I need other suggestions...

Chasing dogs and people may be more of a play thing... hunting instincts are more obvious with smaller things... Does he chase squirrels or bark at them when they are up a tree? Does he chase balls and avidly watch or try to catch birds?

Gas Man 08-25-2011 08:37 PM

I don't have any trees or squirrels. And he doesn't care about birds.

Now tonight he ate his chicken fine, no seasoning.

defector 08-25-2011 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gas Man (Post 487157)
I don't have any trees or squirrels. And he doesn't care about birds.

Now tonight he ate his chicken fine, no seasoning.

Sounds like he hardened the fuck up finally. Now he's a real man (dog).

Gas Man 08-25-2011 09:43 PM

No I think he was just extra hungry from barely eating for 2 days.

azoomm 08-25-2011 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gas Man (Post 487177)
No I think he was just extra hungry from barely eating for 2 days.

He will get it. Don't give up on it...

Gas Man 08-25-2011 10:11 PM

He does it, then gets bored. It's that simple I think.

I swear he's the most spoiled dog I know. We revolve nearly everything around him, and he wants for nearly nothing. Could we walk him more? Sure but you try with my work sked. Could he get more dog parks (not that we have any) or whatever? Sure but he's not the best with general public. He's awesome at our house once he "knows you", he's the biggest snuggler. But this whole feeding him is just another irritation we endure with him.

Gas Man 09-04-2011 09:46 PM

Well if the on/off paticipation wasn't bad enough. His chin achne is still being problematic. Wife has been doing some online research and some say the high protien chicken diet may still cause problems.

We are low on chicken so she wants to try a grain free, venison & potatoe kibble. I just want his problems to be over. The zits, were the real reason why we started this, it hasn't fixed the problem. RESET.

VatorMan 09-05-2011 05:48 PM

My Schnoodle has started her "sniff and wait" again. She'll eat the organs but wait till the other dog starts sniffing around the bowl before she'll eat the meat. It's about 30 % she'll eat the glop.