Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Teenagers and House Alarms (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=11929)

Homeslice 11-30-2009 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lauralynne (Post 299357)
take her phone away. done deal.

just because they're mad their ghey little alarm didn't keep her in..?

Talk about retarded parents..........Try getting some parenting skills, and actually raising your daughter, instead of using brute force to make her do what you want.

The over-sheltering of American kids continues......

"OH NOES, CAN'T LET HER OUT, SHE MIGHT GET IN TROUBLE"

Sounds like how you might treat a 12 y/o, not 16

RACER X 11-30-2009 12:41 PM

lol, at all the single people w/ "great" parenting advice.............esp 'slice :snort:

zlicius 11-30-2009 12:42 PM

They are VERY good parents. They also drug test her. Keeps them honest. For example, if you know your mom will do random drug/cig tests, it's easy to "just say no" since you can say "my mom piss tests me, sorry, i'll pass". just like "my mom sets the alarm at night, can't sneak out I'll get busted, sorry, I'll pass".

lauralynne 11-30-2009 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 299368)
just because they're mad their ghey little alarm didn't keep her in..?

Talk about retarded parents..........Try getting some parenting skills, and actually raising your daughter, instead of using brute force to make her do what you want.

The over-sheltering of American kids continues......

"OH NOES, CAN'T LET HER OUT, SHE MIGHT GET IN TROUBLE"

Sounds like how you might treat a 12 y/o, not 16

if at 16, they have to LOCK their daughter IN the house to keep her "safe" (for their value of safe) then parenting skills are kicking in a little late. So treating her like a 12 year old is exactly what's called for. You're right - they need to address what the issue is. What is she doing when she leaves the house that's so bad. Punish for that. Or let her do it and suffer the consequences. Except when they directly affect you. If, at 16, she brings drungs into her parent's house, it's the parents that are directly affected. If she's just breaking curfew and hanging out with people the parents don't approve of...it's annoying and frustrating but the consequences will come out sooner or later. Locking her in the house - and keeping her there - is the problem they're asking a solution for. TAKE. HER. PHONE. At 16, it's not hers anyway - I don't care who's paying for it. Live under my roof, everything you have belongs to me, you can use it as long as you follow my rules. Don't follow my rules, I'll yank all of it.

lauralynne 11-30-2009 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zlicius (Post 299371)
They are VERY good parents. They also drug test her. Keeps them honest. For example, if you know your mom will do random drug/cig tests, it's easy to "just say no" since you can say "my mom piss tests me, sorry, i'll pass". just like "my mom sets the alarm at night, can't sneak out I'll get busted, sorry, I'll pass".

Why are they locking her in the house? For her to keep curfew?

zlicius 11-30-2009 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RACER X (Post 299363)

Problem is she doesn't have an iphone. Do Iphone apps work on other types of phones? I don't know these things. I'm app retarded.

zlicius 11-30-2009 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lauralynne (Post 299376)
Why are they locking her in the house? For her to keep curfew?

I'm assuming so she doesn't sneak out at night.

lauralynne 11-30-2009 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zlicius (Post 299378)
I'm assuming so she doesn't sneak out at night.

so let her toggle the alarm - then print out the report the next morning on the toggling and let her know that turning the alarm off is the same as leaving the house - since the parents won't know if she actually left the house or just turned the alarm on/off. Then punish her for breaking curfew.

zlicius 11-30-2009 12:50 PM

how do you print out a report of that?

i think that's where creative punishment could come in to play... ;)

zlicius 11-30-2009 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 299385)
Are these parents Asian? Wouldn't be surprised :lol:

nope, both white. if they were asian they'd be afraid of potential beatings w/ things like hotwheel tracks.