Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Street (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Jay Leno's new ride (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=11286)

marko138 11-02-2009 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by z06boy (Post 286268)
Is Marko one of the guys to the left looking at Jay like "You big dumb motherfvcker...what are you doing ?" :lol

Yes.

z06boy 11-02-2009 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 286270)
Yes.

:lol: :lol: :cheers:

karl_1052 11-02-2009 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shmike (Post 286241)
It has nothing to do with having more to lose. Why should net worth factor into that equation?

Some people enjoy having the latest & greatest.

Some people enjoy pushing their bikes as far as they can.

Some people can afford to do both.

There are multiple Doctors in our local region that race.

So if Jay enjoys a leisurly ride on the best bikes he can afford, why is everyone baggin on him, yet they lick JJ nutz like he is a god?:?:

shmike 11-02-2009 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karl_1052 (Post 286301)
So if Jay enjoys a leisurly ride on the best bikes he can afford, why is everyone baggin on him, yet they lick JJ nutz like he is a god?:?:

I'm not sure.

My issue is with Ed's premise that a wealthier / "more important" person is less likely to push the limits.

Homeslice 11-02-2009 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RACER X (Post 286216)
maybe it's a theme, there's some brain surgeon dude down here who has the latest and great italian bikes........he also rides slower n dirt.......

i guess they have ALOT more to loose then you or i. at least they appreciate what they have and ride a lil.

Or perhaps some people (regardless if rich or poor) are too proud to take lessons or go to schools

Or maybe it's simply about the machine and its design, and the coolness of owning it, rather than the experience of going fast on it.

Dave 11-02-2009 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shmike (Post 286303)
I'm not sure.

My issue is with Ed's premise that a wealthier / "more important" person is less likely to push the limits.

i got two words for that. James muthafuckin dean

azoomm 11-02-2009 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 286306)
Or perhaps some people (regardless if rich or poor) are too proud to take lessons or go to schools

Or maybe it's simply about the machine and its design, and the coolness of owning it, rather than the experience of going fast on it.

Or, maybe they do it when the media and mortals aren't around to watch them do it? Geez people, when will you figure out that not everyone does stuff so they can know that YOU think they are "cool" :idk:

Sean 11-02-2009 12:38 PM

There are plenty of people out there who don't give two craps about being fast.

Some people would rather turn a wrench on the weekend and fabricate something cool than go see if they can make their factory repil-racer a fraction of a second faster than the next guy.

RACER X 11-02-2009 12:45 PM

in reality

Quote:

Originally Posted by shmike (Post 286303)

My issue is with Ed

unknownroad 11-02-2009 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 284775)
Actually it was Jesse James who said the Chitty Chitty Bang Bang comment. It wasn't a member here....

FNL, apparently you need to take up your beef with Jesse James

http://advrider.com/forums/showpost....3&postcount=48

I wonder how that relates to Leno having a bike done by OCC for their TV show, during the reality TV chopper-mania phase :lol

James seems to be 100% committed to convincing the world that he's a badass. Part of being a badass is talking trash :idk:

I've almost never watched Leno's show, but I have a lot of respect for him. His website has clips of him talking about his cars and their technical and historical points of interest, he goes out and actually rides like a normal person, he sponsors college scholarships for kids interested in automotive technology and innovation, and he's got A CAR WITH A FUCKING TANK ENGINE AND A BIKE WITH A FUCKING HELICOPTER ENGINE. Entertainment industry aside, he's a gearhead living the dream without being a total douchebag about it. I'd totally let him adopt me :dthumb: