Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Manufacturer War (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Honda FTW. (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=2284)

Audiomechanic 08-22-2008 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebbs15 (Post 65771)
what's it's numbers?

Listed as 195HP. Don't know the torque.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebbs15 (Post 65775)
the toyota 3.4 for reliablity...

chevy's 4.3 is pretty strong too....

The 3.4 is a darn good engine. Friend's Tacoma has that engine in it....it won't beat the Cherokee though. It'll about tie it.

Blazer with the 4.3 is REALLY a dog. Maybe the Cherokee is lighter, I don't know. But a Blazer with the 4.3 couldn't get out of it's own way.

The 4L I6 is the most balanced engine in terms of HP and torque that I have ever driven. It sinks you in the seat instantly off the line and holds you there! V6's have a tendency to be great HP producers up high, but gutless down low. My friend's 2001 Cherokee is even faster than my fiance's due to a newer engine design. I race people all the time in the ol' Jeep when I drive it. :D

dReWpY 08-22-2008 11:55 AM

22r and 22re are prolly the only more relibable engine then the 4.0 i6

OneSickPsycho 08-22-2008 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Audiomechanic (Post 65794)

The 3.4 is a darn good engine. Friend's Tacoma has that engine in it....it won't beat the Cherokee though. It'll about tie it.

Blazer with the 4.3 is REALLY a dog. Maybe the Cherokee is lighter, I don't know. But a Blazer with the 4.3 couldn't get out of it's own way.

The 4L I6 is the most balanced engine in terms of HP and torque that I have ever driven. It sinks you in the seat instantly off the line and holds you there! V6's have a tendency to be great HP producers up high, but gutless down low. My friend's 2001 Cherokee is even faster than my fiance's due to a newer engine design. I race people all the time in the ol' Jeep when I drive it. :D

I had an S10 with the 4.3L and it was fast as hell... relatively speaking.

Gas Man 08-22-2008 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Audiomechanic (Post 65629)
Lets see you run that SS out 180,000 miles, skipping oil changes often, and dogging the hell out of it all the time. Let's see if that SS still runs as good as this Cherokee. Matter of fact, I'd line this old beat up Cherokee next to your SS any day. You'd be surprised, it'd probably hang with ya pretty darn close.

the Cherokee vs the SS... come on... you are smoking crack!

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 65736)
I'm gonna actually agree with Gas on this: The I6 is a turd and not half the engine you fools make it out to be.

I said its a turd but industructable... but they are shit for speed or torque.

And Marko is right on... saying the 180K cherokee will hang against a similar weight SUV with 400/400 power and all wheel drive launching... please try to not label your itenligance so poorly. :panic:

I'm not saying the SS is the best thing sense sliced bread... but COME ON! It pretty much beats most cars I come accross that isn't some special "type R" jap car or some big muscle car.

Mr Lefty 08-22-2008 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Audiomechanic (Post 65794)

I've had 2 4.3L chevy's... one in an S10 and the other in a GMC Jimmy... the Jimmy's was the Vortec version... it had balls but the Jimmy was so fuck'n heavy that you didn't really notice... the S10 was fuck'n bad ass... it was a manual so I could smoke the tires up through third even with a 200lb sand bag over the rear axle.

if I couldn't swap the 3.4 Toyota motor into my pickup... the next is the 4.3 Vortec... it's got more hp and tq than the 3.4... but it's not toyota... :lol:

Dave 08-23-2008 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebbs15 (Post 65944)
I've had 2 4.3L chevy's... one in an S10 and the other in a GMC Jimmy... the Jimmy's was the Vortec version... it had balls but the Jimmy was so fuck'n heavy that you didn't really notice... the S10 was fuck'n bad ass... it was a manual so I could smoke the tires up through third even with a 200lb sand bag over the rear axle.

if I couldn't swap the 3.4 Toyota motor into my pickup... the next is the 4.3 Vortec... it's got more hp and tq than the 3.4... but it's not toyota... :lol:

3SGTE, you wont :rockwoot:

Mr Lefty 08-23-2008 01:07 AM

I won't what?

Amber Lamps 08-23-2008 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebbs15 (Post 65775)
the toyota 3.4 for reliablity...

chevy's 4.3 is pretty strong too....

Yep! My S-10 had the 4.3. I put a cold air intake,an exhaust and Hyperteched it and I could hang with most normally aspirated cars. Oh and it was a manual! Whatever vehicle you get... manual FTW!

Mr Lefty 08-23-2008 01:44 AM

yeah fuck autos... can't stand them... then again I never tow heavy loads... which they may be nice in... but for me... no thanks.

Trip 08-23-2008 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebbs15 (Post 66013)
yeah fuck autos... can't stand them... then again I never tow heavy loads... which they may be nice in... but for me... no thanks.

they are good for commuting too, especially when you are really tired

I would really only another manual if I got a sports car for some damn reason like if I lost a leg.