Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Touring (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Longest Multi-day Trip (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=3468)

Cruzergirl 11-19-2008 04:23 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by cuttle (Post 103657)
14 days: Germany, Austria, Italy, Slovenia & Croatia - just me, the bike and a tent

Just WOW!!! :bowdown:

Here's a couple of pics from my solo trip (it was incredibly fun and liberating to do the trip solo.... so much wonderful freedom!)

Mr Lefty 11-19-2008 04:45 PM

yeah just a note to anyone doing the camping thing... get a TWO MAN tent... those one man tents just don't provide enough room to move around in to change and if it rains more than likely you'll want your gear in with ya... and when rolled up they're only slightly larger. and even if you have to spend $50 more... it's worth it... TRUST ME!

(cruzergirl... that looks like a 1 man but looks much bigger than the one I had... what kind is it?)

I camp'd in AR on my Indy trip... fuck'n tent broke... but at least that means I can return it and get a 2 man tent. :lol:

Cruzergirl 11-19-2008 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebbs15 (Post 103704)
(cruzergirl... that looks like a 1 man but looks much bigger than the one I had... what kind is it?)

That's 2 man tent. Sierra Designs something or other. Really nice. It looks small because my sleeping bag is HUGE. :lol:

1-man tent would not have been big enough. The one I had packed very small as did the sleeping bag so even though my bike looked like I was moving the Clampets (sp?) it wasn't the camping gear taking up all the room.

Invest in good gear. Period. When it rains/snows/monsoons you'll be happy you did. Or. You could just stay at a Holiday Inn.

VFR Rider 11-19-2008 08:11 PM

Having done camping before, I would always look for a tent that is at least a person bigger than the number of people sleeping in it. It totally sucks to have weather kick in and not be able to move around in your tent. It also sucks not having the option to bring gear in the tent if necessary.

OneSickPsycho 11-19-2008 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebbs15 (Post 103704)
yeah just a note to anyone doing the camping thing... get a TWO MAN tent... those one man tents just don't provide enough room to move around in to change and if it rains more than likely you'll want your gear in with ya... and when rolled up they're only slightly larger. and even if you have to spend $50 more... it's worth it... TRUST ME!

I camp'd in AR on my Indy trip... fuck'n tent broke... but at least that means I can return it and get a 2 man tent. :lol:

You should have seen me in my tent during my trip... one man tent, made for a small child + one big fat guy who snores a lot = many a comedic moment.

dReWpY 11-20-2008 01:26 AM

and i ever put up your damn tent the first night... i swear with friends like ya'll.... damn when can we do it all over again?

Mr Lefty 11-20-2008 01:31 AM

hey... give me enough time to plan and save... and I'm down for just about any trip.

OneSickPsycho 11-20-2008 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drewpy (Post 104097)
and i ever put up your damn tent the first night... i swear with friends like ya'll.... damn when can we do it all over again?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebbs15 (Post 104100)
hey... give me enough time to plan and save... and I'm down for just about any trip.

Miami to Maine... and back... I'd like to have the final resting place to be the rally... where ever the fuck that's going to be... Once that's set in stone, then I'll really start planning.

OneSickPsycho 11-20-2008 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drewpy (Post 104097)

Oh yeah... and BTW... if you remember you set my tent up strategically so there was a giant mountain between my shoulder blades... :osp: = :zowned:

dReWpY 11-20-2008 12:35 PM

ebbs, you might get emotionally dramatized if you went on a trip with us...