Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   News Desk (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Cops tazer Phillies fan running on the field (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=14565)

z06boy 05-04-2010 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaneman (Post 369256)
Man, they're charging him with resisting arrest, criminal trespass and disorderly conduct. What a bunch of cockgobblers.

They probably think he read your post so they're covering their azz.

Some heart conditions are only affected by electrical input, not by athletic activity.

Key word..."some"

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 369255)
Then he shouldnt be running around a baseball field in the first place ;)

Yep

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 369253)
What if someone has a heart condition?

...as tommymac said...

Look people if they had caught/tackled him in a short amount of time...fine... but they didn't and after a while you have to escalate your effort...so they did...BAM...tased...taken away...NEXT....

I guess they could have turned a dog loose on him...:rofl:...see it could have been worse. :idk:

Kaneman 05-04-2010 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by z06boy (Post 369264)
Look people if they had caught/tackled him in a short amount of time...fine... but they didn't and after a while you have to escalate your effort...so they did...BAM...tased...taken away...NEXT....

Exactly my point. A taser should not be the alternative to being in the physical condition required by being an officer of the law. It is a bit frightening to see that this is exactly what has happened, and that the general public applauds it.

z06boy 05-04-2010 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaneman (Post 369260)

Don't lie. :lol:

Well you're the one that brought up it being popular sooooo. :rofl:

Kaneman 05-04-2010 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by z06boy (Post 369266)
Well you're the one that brought up it being popular sooooo. :rofl:

Well, I'm also aware of the black plague....but I never had it.

tommymac 05-04-2010 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaneman (Post 369265)
Exactly my point. A taser should not be the alternative to being in the physical condition required by being an officer of the law. It is a bit frightening to see that this is exactly what has happened, and that the general public applauds it.

And what if the cop was in shape but this guy wa sstill faster than him, or stornger or maybe was disturbed or on PCP. We can go on and on with the hypotheticals all day long. Which is fine, I got plenty of time to kill at work ;)

z06boy 05-04-2010 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaneman (Post 369265)

Well now I never said it should be an alternative to being in good physical condition and I agree with you there BUT I still say no big deal to what happened...the kid rolled the dice...won for a little while and then LOST. :lol:

Homeslice 05-04-2010 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by z06boy (Post 369264)

Officers have the discretion to let people go if they think it's appropriate. They don't ticket every speeder, chase after every speeder who runs, or charge every shoplifter. How is this different?

Why does a baseball prankster HAVE to be caught? How hard do you try to catch him before it stops being worth it? It's not like he's a bank robber or mugger.

z06boy 05-04-2010 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaneman (Post 369267)
Well, I'm also aware of the black plague....but I never had it.

Don't lie. :rofl:

Rider 05-04-2010 01:28 PM

Ok fine, no taser, how about just a k-bar to the back of the head? Is that any better? Not really.

Kaneman 05-04-2010 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 369269)
And what if the cop was in shape but this guy wa sstill faster than him, or stornger or maybe was disturbed or on PCP. We can go on and on with the hypotheticals all day long. Which is fine, I got plenty of time to kill at work ;)

Right on, I've got some heavy landscaping going on so I'm stuck at the house monitoring all day.

We don't really need all those hypotheticals. The taser, in some cases, can be deadly and therefore should only be used in place of deadly force. Since running on a baseball field in no way warrants deadly force it should not warrant taser use either.

Chase the kid around, play some funny music from the speakers, tackle him and let him take his bow....its just not the big fucking deal its being made out to be. Unless you're getting more and more accustomed to living in a police state where violent responses to non-violent crimes are the norm.

Quote:

Originally Posted by z06boy (Post 369270)
Well now I never said it should be an alternative to being in good physical condition and I agree with you there BUT I still say no big deal to what happened...the kid rolled the dice...won for a little while and then LOST. :lol:

I would agree with all that, if not for the specific use of the taser.