Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Events (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   CF/TWF Rally South (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=3849)

rogue 02-11-2009 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhiSig1071 (Post 164140)
I'm kinda skurred.

:lol:

Good

derf 02-12-2009 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogue (Post 164142)
:lol:

Good

http://media1.break.com/dnet/media/2...0High-Five.jpg

Cruzergirl 02-12-2009 08:40 AM

I really hope I can go...sounds like it's gonna be historic! :)

Rogue - Don't know if you've heard from TWO yet but don't worry, it's owned by husband and wife (last I heard) and my guess is if you haven't heard it's because they're not there. There are only a few rooms in the lodge, everything else is fcfs camping space (my personal fave). This is where I'll stay if I can manage some time off!

Amorok 02-12-2009 09:28 AM

Still waiting on the hotel to call me this morning, I'll hit them at lunch if I haven't heard by then. As for the trip up, a few thoughts.

I can ride to Atlanta in a day. I usually do between 75 and 85, but I go slow enough to be safe so I'm pretty easy to follow and I'll ride out by about 0700. If we needed to stop in Atlanta (don't know why) I can get a military room on Dobbins or Robbins, between me ebbs and whoever else we should be able to bunk up cheap. But I plan on leaving at 0700 and riding straight through on the Wednesday or Thursday prior, my plans will revolve around the group riding I guess.

Rogue, I am a pizza delivery guy. I have an obscene amount of $1 bills on my person at all times. Be prepared.

I can carry a decent amount of Yuengling or Dead Guy Ale on my bike, I have a luggage rack and semi-hard bags. I'll bring a six-pack of each for taste testing upon request, but more than that we'll have to find there. And I'll drink the Dead Guy, it and Corona are about the only beers I drink regularly.

I met people from a gun forum I was on years ago and it was awesome, so I'm looking forward to it. The reason I started the Suches Rally was that I tried to make the CF rally last August in Oxford PA. I actually made it to the KY/OH/WV border and got recalled by my base for Hurricane Gustave (stupid UCC.) I'm looking forward to meeting as many of you as I can, like I said, none of you are real yet, so this will be nice.

the chi 02-12-2009 09:44 AM

Im thinking if I ride or even cage it, I wont be stopping. After the hours Ebbs and I did last year along with a few others, up to Suches is NOTHING. :lol:

What was it, 7 hours of nothing but mountains and twisties, then another 5 on the super slab...i remember 11 hours 59 minutes...and no gas! :panic:

smileyman 02-12-2009 09:51 AM

Ebbs [quote]Yeah I hear ya. I'd rather come up thereā€¦ better riding but its up to you.

Biloxi is only 2-3 his from rae... And that was 904 miles from the campground I stayed at. 14hrs worth. [quote]

I just want do do something fun, go somewhere, break away from the stress here at home. The Mothers day date kills anything but a dash to Biloxi and back. Maybe I will host my own TWFix Dirty South ride in the Ozarks:idk:

The Bikes and Blues thing here in Fay is cool but way to "touristy" with gouging motels and big crowds. They say it was only beaten by Daytona and Sturgis last year:idk: Much more fun to the only bikes in the mountains.

I really do want to meet you all in person as I feel like I know you and are good friends already. All the TWFers are interesting and entertaining. Here in Fay I have 1, maybe 2 guys I ride with and can tolerate, probably 3-4 more in the rest of the state. I post here so obviously my standards aren't that high:idk::whistle:

Amorok 02-12-2009 01:43 PM

Hey, I picked the location for this year by consensus. If the majority rules for Arkansas next year then I'm fine with that, you're all equally close for me. I usually do 600 to 800 in a day so as long as I don't go across a mountain range it's still a week trip.

Trip 02-12-2009 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amorok (Post 164345)
Hey, I picked the location for this year by consensus. If the majority rules for Arkansas next year then I'm fine with that, you're all equally close for me. I usually do 600 to 800 in a day so as long as I don't go across a mountain range it's still a week trip.

TWFix next year is scheduled for Azoomm's track.

tommymac 02-12-2009 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 164348)
TWFix next year is scheduled for Azoomm's track.

Thats a bit too far for me :(

Tom

Mr Lefty 02-12-2009 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 164385)
Thats a bit too far for me :(

Tom

but it's a track day... for just us... :D get the folks around ya... and trailer your bikes. (i know easy to say :lol:)