Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Touring (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Longest Multi-day Trip (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=3468)

anthonyk 11-20-2008 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cruzergirl (Post 103691)
Here's a couple of pics from my solo trip (it was incredibly fun and liberating to do the trip solo.... so much wonderful freedom!)

Damn, take a paperback next time! :dthumb:

Cruzergirl 11-20-2008 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anthonyk (Post 104433)
Damn, take a paperback next time! :dthumb:

THAT's what you got out of those pictures? :lol: I wasn't "dead lifting" the bike... what's it matter?

:D

Mr Lefty 11-20-2008 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho (Post 104163)
Miami to Maine... and back... I'd like to have the final resting place to be the rally... where ever the fuck that's going to be... Once that's set in stone, then I'll really start planning.

I can't do it if it's that early next year... I won't get to Mississippi till March... and have training and shit to go through. what if we did it before Indy and just stopped in Indy the wed before the race and left the day after the race. :idk: I think I could swing that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by drewpy (Post 104336)
ebbs, you might get emotionally dramatized if you went on a trip with us...

:lol: I can deal with emotional... but if you fuckers start muttering about my purdy mouth I'm bailing.

Zuki4life 11-20-2008 10:42 PM

with those two, fuck emotions, you might end up a royal nut job in the loony bin

Rocket_Cowboy 11-26-2008 12:37 AM

Longest trip to day for me so far would be 8800 miles in 9 days, in 2006. Road out to California for work, after work was over I met up with a friend down in San Diego ... then we proceeded to ride from San Diego out to Jacksonville and back in 4 days, completed a loop around SoCal to wrap up 5K in 5 days, saw him off on a border-to-border insanity (I was his Mexico witness), and I road back to Texas.

Longest single day has been 1,515 miles in 23.5 hours, although last weekend I came close to beating that with 1458 miles in 22 hours.

Next year, motorcycle gremlins willing, I'll likely reset both my single day high mileage and longest trip mileage. I have an addiction that only Michelin can slow down. :D

Corey 11-26-2008 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocket_Cowboy (Post 109214)
Longest trip to day for me so far would be 8800 miles in 9 days, in 2006. Road out to California for work, after work was over I met up with a friend down in San Diego ... then we proceeded to ride from San Diego out to Jacksonville and back in 4 days, completed a loop around SoCal to wrap up 5K in 5 days, saw him off on a border-to-border insanity (I was his Mexico witness), and I road back to Texas.

Longest single day has been 1,515 miles in 23.5 hours, although last weekend I came close to beating that with 1458 miles in 22 hours.

Next year, motorcycle gremlins willing, I'll likely reset both my single day high mileage and longest trip mileage. I have an addiction that only Michelin can slow down. :D

Aloha Charlie. Was wondering when you'd meander over here.

Rocket_Cowboy 11-26-2008 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corey (Post 109228)
Aloha Charlie. Was wondering when you'd meander over here.

I was left off the kool kids invite list, so had to find my way over here on my own. :)

anthonyk 11-26-2008 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cruzergirl (Post 104438)
THAT's what you got out of those pictures? :lol: I wasn't "dead lifting" the bike... what's it matter?

:D

:lol: I'm just a hardcore minimalist when it comes to bike trips.

Cruzergirl 11-26-2008 12:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the bike fully loaded. I am SO NOT minimalist. If I coulda strapped on my living room sofa... I would have done so. :lol:

BTW - I took so much crap for loading my bike up like this. But it worked for me. :D

Mr Lefty 11-26-2008 05:40 PM

http://www.smugmug.com/photos/381834247_5EjNg-L-1.jpg

my only problem with packing like this was I was always worried about things coming loose... if they're in my bag I don't worry about them... but when they're strapped to the top and bungee'd i'm constantly worry'n about them :idk: to be honest though... never once had a strap loose or lost anything on the road