Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   House shopping, you decide. (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=9831)

cuttle 08-05-2009 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by cuttle View Post
possible needs for a mac-mansion:

show off
To who, my neighbors, whose houses are similiar? Or my family, who cares about nothing pertaining to my house except that now when they visit they don't have to stay at a hotel?
that's just sad - how do you find your own house late at night if they are all similar?

doesn't like to be around the spouse
Now I carpool with my wife, which gives me an extra 1.5hrs a day 5 days a week that we never had before
see - you can have a good time in a small space

can't control the children - or doesn't like children
My children don't need to be "controlled", and we spend lots of time together in the game room - which we didn't have room for at the old house.
such a huge house and your kids don't have their own room to play in? I'd complain to the architect.

compensation for a small ****
Dammit, you might have me there.
we need to decide by ourself: PICS!!!

underground pot-farm
Negative. As I understand it, the clay content in the soil out here makes it hard to grow good ganja.

apparently you thought about it.....

likes to waste money on utility bills
Can't speak for everyone, but my utilities are about $75/ month higher than my old house. 3 times the size of the old house, but eliminated the pool / spa.

That's impressive - just imagine how little your bills would be in the similar build house with less square footage

Fleck750 08-05-2009 10:22 PM

I still really believe that if people thought about having to clean 20 ft cathedral ceilings and change the light bulbs up there, they wouldn't buy a house that had them. :D

goof2 08-05-2009 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fleck750 (Post 251542)
I still really believe that if people thought about having to clean 20 ft cathedral ceilings and change the light bulbs up there, they wouldn't buy a house that had them. :D

It actually isn't very difficult to do either.

Fleck750 08-05-2009 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goof2 (Post 251562)
It actually isn't very difficult to do either.

I have a friend whose lights need to be changed up there. He bought the telescoping stick changer thing, but it's not long enough.

Please tell me how you do it.

defector 08-05-2009 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cuttle (Post 251540)
Originally Posted by cuttle View Post
possible needs for a mac-mansion:

show off
To who, my neighbors, whose houses are similiar? Or my family, who cares about nothing pertaining to my house except that now when they visit they don't have to stay at a hotel?
that's just sad - how do you find your own house late at night if they are all similar?
similiar, not the same - on my culdesac, mine is the 2 story, and has the 3rd bay garage on the outside - easy peasy

doesn't like to be around the spouse
Now I carpool with my wife, which gives me an extra 1.5hrs a day 5 days a week that we never had before
see - you can have a good time in a small space
Sure can, just can't live in it. :lol:Every time I go collect the rent at the old house, I am reminded of it, and why we got a bigger house.

can't control the children - or doesn't like children
My children don't need to be "controlled", and we spend lots of time together in the game room - which we didn't have room for at the old house.
such a huge house and your kids don't have their own room to play in? I'd complain to the architect.
they all have their own rooms, but we like to do corny stuff like socialize during/after dinner, and it usually ends up in the game room

compensation for a small ****
Dammit, you might have me there.
we need to decide by ourself: PICS!!!
For the record, it hangs to the left.

underground pot-farm
Negative. As I understand it, the clay content in the soil out here makes it hard to grow good ganja.

apparently you thought about it.....
thought about burying my MIL (alive) out there too, but the damn ground is like concrete, and it's hot, and.....you know what, I am just lazy.

likes to waste money on utility bills
Can't speak for everyone, but my utilities are about $75/ month higher than my old house. 3 times the size of the old house, but eliminated the pool / spa.

That's impressive - just imagine how little your bills would be in the similar build house with less square footage
Couldn't tell ya, my neighbors complain about their utility bills, but their back yard is lit up very nicely at night, and their house actually feels cold to me. They like it, so who am I to say anything otherwise?

Man, this is an ugly color....

askmrjesus 08-05-2009 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fleck750 (Post 251563)

Needle-nosed pliers, and a trampoline.

JC

Ninjakel 08-05-2009 11:18 PM

House B

goof2 08-05-2009 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fleck750 (Post 251563)
I have a friend whose lights need to be changed up there. He bought the telescoping stick changer thing, but it's not long enough.

The telescoping stick changer thing I used must have been longer. It was either 8 or 10 feet collapsed and had 2 telescoping sections. It was threaded on top to take a duster or a suction cup.

askmrjesus 08-05-2009 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goof2 (Post 251571)
It was either 8 or 10 feet collapsed and had 2 telescoping sections. It was threaded on top to take a duster or a suction cup.

I knew a girl like that.

I would have married her, but she was a redhead.

ETA: It's not that I don't like redhead's, but my mom is one, so, you know, creepy.

JC

Fleck750 08-05-2009 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goof2 (Post 251571)
The telescoping stick changer thing I used must have been longer. It was either 8 or 10 feet collapsed and had 2 telescoping sections. It was threaded on top to take a duster or a suction cup.

I think he'll have to get a ladder, too, to do this job. Thanks for the info.