Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Sports Bar (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   Obama and the BCS (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=12989)

marko138 02-01-2010 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by t-rock (Post 328302)
You're welcome. It's only 10 here. I need to peace out for probably an hour though.

Weak.

Smittie61984 02-01-2010 04:55 PM

I heard this on the radio today and thought it was a joke.

But thank god/allah/darwin/whomever that our federal government is on the important issues. Despite I don't follow sports and wouldn't give a shit if a daisy cutter went off in every college stadium in the US during whatever bowl fucking game they have. I'm glad that I can finally sleep at night and not have to worry about terrorism, the economy, or our government becoming more intrusive into our lives.

marko138 02-01-2010 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smittie61984 (Post 328776)
I heard this on the radio today and thought it was a joke.

But thank god/allah/darwin/whomever that our federal government is on the important issues. Despite I don't follow sports and wouldn't give a shit if a daisy cutter went off in every college stadium in the US during whatever bowl fucking game they have. I'm glad that I can finally sleep at night and not have to worry about terrorism, the economy, or our government becoming more intrusive into our lives.

Rest assured we are working on a good system for college football. Forget all that other dumb stuff.

Smittie61984 02-02-2010 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 328777)
Rest assured we are working on a good system for college football. Forget all that other dumb stuff.

Sweet. I can rest assured now. Of course if the government is going to try and help out the colleges then why not focus on their fucked up government education system?

Also why is the government worried about college bowls? I'm trying to figure out how the federal government has any say in it other than the commerce clause since they go state to state.

tommymac 02-02-2010 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smittie61984 (Post 329043)
Sweet. I can rest assured now. Of course if the government is going to try and help out the colleges then why not focus on their fucked up government education system?

Also why is the government worried about college bowls? I'm trying to figure out how the federal government has any say in it other than the commerce clause since they go state to state.

They prolly get a cut of all the money they rack in for these bowl games.

marko138 02-02-2010 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smittie61984 (Post 329043)

Same reason they are interested in baseball, and football, and basketball. Because stuff that matters is difficult.

z06boy 02-02-2010 10:27 AM

I wish they would drop the BCS in lieu of a playoff but I am surprised to see Obama get involved with it. :scratch:

marko138 02-02-2010 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by z06boy (Post 329328)
I wish they would drop the BCS in lieu of a playoff but I am surprised to see Obama get involved with it. :scratch:

Well he was doing commentary at the Georgetown bball game this weekend...why be surprised about this?

tommymac 02-02-2010 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by z06boy (Post 329328)

He needs to do something to boost his approval rating. That healthcare bill and the economy sure aint doing it :lol: