Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   News Desk (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Cops tazer Phillies fan running on the field (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=14565)

tommymac 05-04-2010 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 369271)
Officers have the discretion to let people go if they think it's appropriate. They don't ticket every speeder, or charge every shoplifter. How is this different?

Why does a baseball prankster HAVE to be caught? How hard do you try to catch him before it stops being worth it? It's not like he's a bank robber or mugger.

While that may be true, this kid gets away with it in front of a huge audience then it tells everyone else hey I can do it too. Given the circumstances they need to at least catch these people so it discourages others from doing it.

I am sure MLB and the teams dont want it happening either with the millions invested in their player the ydont want to risk injury esp given how fragile baseball players seem to be :lol:

Kaneman 05-04-2010 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 369273)
Ok fine, no taser, how about just a k-bar to the back of the head? Is that any better? Not really.

No its not, because that could be potentially lethal.

And damn you for making me explain it to you.

z06boy 05-04-2010 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 369271)
Officers have the discretion to let people go if they think it's appropriate. They don't ticket every speeder, chase after every speeder who runs, or charge every shoplifter. How is this different?

Why does a baseball prankster HAVE to be caught? How hard do you try to catch him before it stops being worth it? It's not like he's a bank robber or mugger.

Then he should run OFF OF THE FVCKING FIELD...but no...he chooses to keep running around the field and keep holding everything up and trying to be funny...well guess what(?) he succeeded because I think it's FUNNY that he got tased. :idk:

Rider 05-04-2010 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaneman (Post 369276)
No its not, because that could be potentially lethal.

And damn you for making me explain it to you.

Well then you need to stop him at some point. Taser seems like a logical choice.

Kaneman 05-04-2010 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by z06boy (Post 369277)
Then he should run OFF OF THE FVCKING FIELD...but no...he chooses to keep running around the field and keep holding everything up and trying to be funny...well guess what(?) he succeeded because I think it's FUNNY that he got tased. :idk:

It would be funny had he just been tackled and drug off the field.

I guess he must be the fastest kid in the world huh?

tommymac 05-04-2010 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by z06boy (Post 369277)

that was my thing, it made me LOL when I read it then figured all the fallout will happen after that with lawsuits and all that sort of crap.

tommymac 05-04-2010 01:38 PM

Now we hear the dads take on it. I like at the end of the Article how several players were hiding their faces laughing about it.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5161474

z06boy 05-04-2010 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaneman (Post 369279)
It would be funny had he just been tackled and drug off the field.

I guess he must be the fastest kid in the world huh?

a. That is what should have happened...but it didn't.

b. I don't know but we do know he's not faster than a speeding taser.

tommymac 05-04-2010 02:59 PM

Well the kid was right its def a once in a lifetime expierence. Some run on th efield but not many get tazered then become internet celebrities :lol:

Kaneman 05-04-2010 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by z06boy (Post 369306)

b. I don't know but we do know he's not faster than a speeding taser.

:lol: :lol:

Well, as opposed to the action as I am, I do have to admit the picture is one of the funniest I've seen on the net in a while.