Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   News Desk (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   HOA vs 90y.o. medal of honor vet over flag (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=12017)

Rider 12-04-2009 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaneman (Post 301686)
If I lived in a condo and a 90 year old veteran of three wars who earned the Medal of Honor wanted to put a flagpole up in the yard in front of the condos then I would help him dig the hole.

Again, that's mighty nice of you, but don't you think the owner of that land should have some say? I'm not saying this guy doesn't deserve a flag... he does.
But WHERE the flag goes up is for the owner of the property to decide. Apoc had a good solution though. Let the guy put up the flag and then tear it down when he passes. Seems like a good compromise but again, it's up the the owner to allow that to happen.

Kaneman 12-04-2009 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 301690)
Again, that's mighty nice of you, but don't you think the owner of that land should have some say? I'm not saying this guy doesn't deserve a flag... he does.
But WHERE the flag goes up is for the owner of the property to decide. Apoc had a good solution though. Let the guy put up the flag and then tear it down when he passes. Seems like a good compromise but again, it's up the the owner to allow that to happen.

I think the owner shouldn't be a dickhole. Pretty simple. In this case the wants of a war veteran outweigh the need for aesthetic perfection.

I'm not even a patriotic guy, but this one is a no-brainer.

Rider 12-04-2009 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaneman (Post 301691)
I think the owner shouldn't be a dickhole. Pretty simple. In this case the wants of a war veteran outweigh the need for aesthetic perfection.

I'm not even a patriotic guy, but this one is a no-brainer.

So what if this guy wanted to paint a big US flag on your car, you'd let him?

Kaneman 12-04-2009 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 301692)
So what if this guy wanted to paint a big US flag on your car, you'd let him?

No, that is not a respectful way to display the American flag, especially considering my car is Japanese. Nor is it relevant to this specific case.

Rider 12-04-2009 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaneman (Post 301693)
No, that is not a respectful way to display the American flag, especially considering my car is Japanese. Nor is it relevant to this specific case.

Sure it's relevant. You're saying it's ok for him to put a flag anywhere he wants. What if he wanted to hang a flag from your stereo antenna? Would that be ok?

Kaneman 12-04-2009 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 301699)
Sure it's relevant. You're saying it's ok for him to put a flag anywhere he wants. What if he wanted to hang a flag from your stereo antenna? Would that be ok?

Not what I said actually. I said it is ok for him to mount a flag pole in the front yard of his condo and fly the American flag from it. I also said the HOA is comprised of dickholes, and I stand by that. If they weren't dickholes, they wouldn't be on an HOA.

No, I would not allow him to hang the flag from my stereo antenna because A) That is not the proper way to display the American flag and B) The antenna would likely break under the weight of a blowing flag as they do not make suitable flag poles.

shmike 12-04-2009 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaneman (Post 301703)
Not what I said actually. I said it is ok for him to mount a flag pole in the front yard of his condo and fly the American flag from it. I also said the HOA is comprised of dickholes, and I stand by that. If they weren't dickholes, they wouldn't be on an HOA.

No, I would not allow him to hang the flag from my stereo antenna because A) That is not the proper way to display the American flag and B) The antenna would likely break under the weight of a blowing flag as they do not make suitable flag poles.

You said:

Quote:

Rider's question is totally relevant.

If this man wanted to weld a flag pole to the top of your Japanese car, would you allow him?

Papa_Complex 12-04-2009 03:10 PM

You know what being a 90 year old war vet buys him? Being gently reminded that the property is in fact not his and that he has a contractual obligation, prior to having him served and reamed in court.

Rider 12-04-2009 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaneman (Post 301703)

You mean, if it wasn't for dickholes, there wouldn't be a need for an HOA.

shmike 12-04-2009 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papa_Complex (Post 301708)
You know what being a 90 year old war vet buys him? Being gently reminded that the property is in fact not his and that he has a contractual obligation, prior to having him served and reamed in court.

And "Sir".

He should be called "Sir".