Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   House shopping, you decide. (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=9831)

wildchild 08-06-2009 09:17 AM

[QUOTE=Trip;251642]Why can't ya'll just say, "I like to be glamorous" and "I like to be confined." :lol:

QUOTE]
no because if I say I like to be confined they'll put me back in that little room. :didntdo:

RACER X 08-06-2009 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 251642)
Why can't ya'll just say, "I like to be glamorous" and "I like to be confined." :lol:

cuz then we'd have nothing else to waste our time w/ :td:

z06boy 08-06-2009 09:34 AM

I voted House B but in my case I guess we bought house A. It's huge and yes...too big for two people but we found a deal that we couldn't or didn't want to refuse at the time.

Our house is 3300 sq. ft. but it had sat vacant for 9 months due to the owners being transferred to Ohio and the house being purchased by the company the guy worked for.

It had been taken off the market twice but the financing fell through both times and we just happened to be looking right when it went back on the market.

We bought it for below tax value. :idk:

We love the place but I'm sure our next home will be smaller.

3 stories gets old when the master is on the top floor and you get to the basement to pull out of the garage and realize you forgot something and it's on the dresser in the bedroom. :wtfru:

Homeslice 08-06-2009 09:37 AM

A townhome with $250-300 electric bills? How is that going to happen. The most I've ever paid is $50-60, and that's California, not some cheap state like Texas lol.

RACER X 08-06-2009 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 251656)
A townhome with $250-300 electric bills? How is that going to happen. The most I've ever paid is $50-60, and that's California, not some cheap state like Texas lol.

elec heater vs gas
old house w/ poor effeciency

plus TX is deregulated, so of course our rates are higher vs what they're supposed to be.

Homeslice 08-06-2009 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RACER X (Post 251658)
elec heater vs gas
old house w/ poor effeciency

plus TX is deregulated, so of course our rates are higher vs what they're supposed to be.

I have elec heat too. You use the AC every day for 6 mos or something?

cbrchick 08-06-2009 09:46 AM

I think it's interesting how 2000 sq feet is considered small :)

Our current house is like 1100 sq feet and that includes the garage :)

2000 sq feet in this city will run you over 340,000 and that doesn't include a garage, use able basement and parking for more than 1 car..

I've learned I don't want an exceptionally huge house. I hate cleaning and the fact I feel I "need" to fill it with crap.

I choose B - location is important....

RACER X 08-06-2009 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 251662)
I have elec heat too. You use the AC every day for 6 mos or something?

for prolly 9-10mos outta the yrs, it's either on HEAT or COLD.

and we had a prog. thermostat too.

hey Kirsty, you know everythings bigger in TX lol

i didn't think garages were included when talking house sq ft

Homeslice 08-06-2009 09:50 AM

So for those who bought homes 2x as large as their previous one.......How much did you spend on furniture & artwork in order to fill the extra space, lol

Cruzergirl 08-06-2009 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fleck750 (Post 251436)
I'm a small minority, I know. I hate huge houses. :)

Me too. My house is 620 sqft. I inhabit the house with 1 cat, 2 dogs, and sometimes a boyfriend (who has his own mcmansion down the road in Destin that he rents out).

I HATE big houses. Of course, I don't care if YOU live in a big house... I just prefer the security of the walls being a little closer and everything within earshot.

My idea of heaven would be a 450 sqft cabin in the Alaskan mountains (Cordova, specifically). So my opinion might be slightly skewed in this question of house A or house B. :lol: