Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Street (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   April and I. her first real ride (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=21049)

RACER X 03-05-2012 09:47 PM

April and I. her first real ride

just got her jacket from

http://www.motorcycleworldl-spa.co.uk/shop/

she's 6.5 her first real ride to piano practice and the long way home

http://i43.tinypic.com/2i1l1cl.jpg

http://i43.tinypic.com/346s5fq.jpg

her lil bro and his HOG

http://i43.tinypic.com/33v2su0.jpg

and we're OFF

http://i40.tinypic.com/im5t2x.jpg

derf 03-05-2012 09:58 PM

Are you wearing that kiddie hold belt?

Looks cool, my kids both ride with me, my son (6) is good for a quick trip around the block, while my daughter (11) can go for about 100 miles.

RACER X 03-05-2012 09:59 PM

yup

derf 03-05-2012 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RACER X (Post 507449)
yup

how do you like it? I tried it and while I like it for my son, I find it gives them too much lattitude to move around

RACER X 03-05-2012 10:22 PM

well other then fixing them to you i don't see an option.

i;ve seen some thing where the rider and pass. wear a belt, and there;s a piece in between that holds the 2 together, and it has handlebars.

but in TX you have to be 6 to ride pass. and she's old enough to realize to hold on.

unless you get a sidehack

http://www.cccycleplaza.com/used_bik...79BEE2-clp.png

derf 03-05-2012 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RACER X (Post 507453)

i;ve seen some thing where the rider and pass. wear a belt, and there;s a piece in between that holds the 2 together, and it has handlebars.

but in TX you have to be 6 to ride pass. and she's old enough to realize to hold on.
]

At 6 my daughter was fine sitting on my back seat, but my son just doesn't have the attention span for anything longer than a few feet. I ride with him between my legs pressed against the tank. This year he has to move to the back seat though, he's just too big.

Porkchop 03-05-2012 10:34 PM

:lol: Hello Kitty helmet rocks!!!

Btw, gold frame and wheels= awesomeness.... :drool:

pauldun170 03-05-2012 10:55 PM

Great pics
Beautiful kids
Great looking bike

Dave 03-05-2012 11:02 PM

first ride on a tuono. lucky kid

RACER X 03-05-2012 11:24 PM

Better If it was the 'busa? Lol

Gas Man 03-06-2012 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldun170 (Post 507457)
Great pics
Beautiful kids
Great looking bike

This! 100%

That's awesome right there!!

CasterTroy 03-06-2012 06:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
All 3 of mine loved the RT and would ride for as long as I could stand it!

You'll be getting something with a backrest soon Ed :lol

RACER X 03-06-2012 07:20 AM

i'll prob. be getting a ventura rack and baggage, so i can take her gear to work and pick her up after school.

something like this, ugly YES. but if i can ride w/ my daughter priceless. just flip it around so the rack faces back.

http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/.../DSC_8612x.jpg

Gas Man 03-06-2012 07:33 AM

A good ole sissy bar...

azoomm 03-06-2012 08:55 AM

Awesome, Ed.

Just wait until you're buying THEM bikes...

Hey, do you want some gloves for her?

RACER X 03-06-2012 08:56 AM

you have some that'll fit?

the outfit i bought the jacket from doesn't have any to fit her

was gonna get her some dirt bike gloves, wasn't expecting the jacket till this weekend. so we got a bit excited. plus piano is only 3 mi away.

azoomm 03-06-2012 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RACER X (Post 507485)
you have some that'll fit?

the outfit i bought the jacket from doesn't have any to fit her

was gonna get her some dirt bike gloves, wasn't expecting the jacket till this weekend. so we got a bit excited. plus piano is only 3 mi away.

I had some itty bitty ones somewhere here... let me look. Dirt bike gloves usually come in those little bitty finger sizes.

Love the jacket.

RACER X 03-06-2012 09:52 AM

it said for a 6y.o. but i think it'll last her a few yrs, it was only $100, but shipping was $50 lol

lmk about the gloves , thanks

--------------

troy great pic!

CasterTroy 03-06-2012 10:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by RACER X (Post 507493)

troy great pic!

thanks man

They're all old enough to now have their OWN bikes (though I just got the boy a 150R expert and passed his Zuki to my oldest girl)

RACER X 03-06-2012 10:18 AM

April now wants a bike, so its begun

jtemple 03-06-2012 10:28 AM

My son is 5 and wants a motorcycle. That clown needs to get out and learn how to ride a bicycle first. I can't even get him going.

He's starting to put forth some effort this season, though.

RACER X 03-06-2012 10:34 AM

yeah april can't ride a bike yet either, lol

we did buy the boy a balance bicycle, a bike w/ no pedals. weather is getting good now, so he'll be riding prob. before april, lol

guy on local board has his 2.5y.o. on a PW50 w/ training wheels.

CasterTroy 03-06-2012 10:57 AM

DOOO IT!!!!

PW50 is what Ben learned on. They're great! Especially with outriggers!

And you can always get your money out of it...once you kill the initial the resale value pretty much flatlines

jtemple 03-06-2012 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RACER X (Post 507503)
yeah april can't ride a bike yet either, lol

we did buy the boy a balance bicycle, a bike w/ no pedals. weather is getting good now, so he'll be riding prob. before april, lol

guy on local board has his 2.5y.o. on a PW50 w/ training wheels.

A balance bike is exactly what my son has. He has had a bike with training wheels and a balance bike. He goes for the balance bike every time. I have even taken him trail riding on it.

shmike 03-06-2012 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtemple (Post 507522)
A balance bike is exactly what my son has. He has had a bike with training wheels and a balance bike. He goes for the balance bike every time. I have even taken him trail riding on it.

My nephew has one and brought it trail riding with us this weekend.

I told my sister that once he gets good enough, I'll get him a 50. The kid may never learn to pedal! :lol:

Captain Morgan 03-06-2012 11:19 PM

My ex has my daughter both scared to death and nearly "prohibited" from getting on my motorcycle. :( Shame, cause she's getting big enough I could ride her to school and just continue on my way to work. As it is now, I can't really ride to work on days after having her overnight or on days I'll be picking her up at school, which eliminates most of the week. It's absolutely pointless to take her to school in the car then return home to get the bike to go to work, so I just learn to live with it. At least I don't live very far from work.

Gas Man 03-07-2012 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RACER X (Post 507500)
April now wants a bike, so its begun

Awesome!!!

G-Rex 03-07-2012 07:03 AM

How is April 6-1/2 and she can't ride a bicycle yet?

My nephew was on a JR50 with training wheels at 3 learning the controls.

By the time he was 4 to 4-1/2, the training wheels were off and he was going to town.

He's 11 now and riding an 85 and 110 at the track. I need to dig up a picture or two from last weekend.

RACER X 03-07-2012 07:38 AM

becuase he can balance doesn't mean he can ride a bicycle, lol

but yeah her best can pedal her lil ass off. april runs down the street. can't push her if she doesn't want to try (fall down), hell only last yr did she pick up razor scooters.

C will prob. be riding before april. lol

jtemple 03-07-2012 08:20 AM

Cafe Husky has a few Husky bike and parts dealers that post regularly there. One of them was taking his daughter out on his quad. Part way into the ride, his daughter punches him and says "You get to do this every day!"

She's hooked now.

azoomm 03-07-2012 09:00 AM

Ed, your daughter has early-onset-girl-brain. That means, to get her to ride a bicycle you will need to set a bar. Meaning, she can't ride the motorcycle until she can pedal. Then, leave the bicycle outside and walk in the house. She might get some scrapes, but she'll figure it out.

I told Lex she couldn't get a ninja for the track until she could jump curbs on her bicycle. Be careful what you wish for....

RACER X 03-07-2012 10:29 AM

yes i know, and it doesn't help w/ grandma and Z working the "princess" angle.....lol

i want her to kick ass and take no names!

azoomm 03-07-2012 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RACER X (Post 507567)
yes i know, and it doesn't help w/ grandma and Z working the "princess" angle.....lol

i want her to kick ass and take no names!

Right.

Please do me a favor and try not to make it weird. Meaning, my girls have been raised knowing that it is expected to know how to do an oil change, brakes, tires etc. While there is something to be said for "girl power" I have a distaste for the whole "look at me I changed my battery" mentality.

She shouldn't want to beat the boys. She should know how to beat everyone.

Oh, and there is nothing wrong with completely being a girl while doing any of that... :wink:

CasterTroy 03-07-2012 12:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by azoomm (Post 507575)

Oh, and there is nothing wrong with completely being a girl while doing any of that... :wink:

I raised my girls to BE princesses. I wanted them to be girls and enjoy BEING girls.

Having said that...my youngest...well...a pictures worth 1000 words

RACER X 03-07-2012 12:30 PM

yeah, unforn. the princess brain washing is working.

have i posted the pink room and the curio cabinets (yes 2) in her room w/ the collectors princess figurines.

No Worries 03-07-2012 04:48 PM

Lucky kids. My parents thought that motorcycles were works of the devil. I bought a used Hodaka when I got out of the service and had it stashed 60 miles away at a buddy's cabin. I would tell my parents I was studying geology outcrops upstate, and would go ride for a weekend.

Captain Morgan 03-07-2012 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RACER X (Post 507551)
becuase he can balance doesn't mean he can ride a bicycle, lol

but yeah her best can pedal her lil ass off. april runs down the street. can't push her if she doesn't want to try (fall down), hell only last yr did she pick up razor scooters.

C will prob. be riding before april. lol

Same situation with mine. She'll be 7 at the end of May and is too scared to ride her bicycle without training wheels. I refuse to put them back on. She tries with me holding on, but even then, gets scared and almost starts crying and wants to give up. Sigh. I make her keep at it for as long as I can, though.

CasterTroy 03-08-2012 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Morgan (Post 507595)
Same situation with mine. She'll be 7 at the end of May and is too scared to ride her bicycle without training wheels. I refuse to put them back on. She tries with me holding on, but even then, gets scared and almost starts crying and wants to give up. Sigh. I make her keep at it for as long as I can, though.

Just don't force it. They gotta WANT to do it.

My kids all just got up one day and DECIDED that's what they wanted to do. Then it was a matter of "M'kay, been there, done that.....NEXT?"

My youngest daughter recently decided she wanted to master the ripstick since my older two seemed to be having such fun on them. So I put her on her sisters...worked with her 5 minutes, then said "If you want it bad enough, you'll figure it out"

I let her use the exploder to put her hands on and learn to balance, and in less than an hour she was wiggling and snaking that thing all by herself :rockwoot:

They just have to make their mind up to do it themselves.

azoomm 03-08-2012 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CasterTroy (Post 507576)
I raised my girls to BE princesses. I wanted them to be girls and enjoy BEING girls.

Having said that...my youngest...well...a pictures worth 1000 words

That's it. Girls shouldn't be ashamed to be a girl.

Thank you for making my point. Kids are smart. Let them figure it out...

jtemple 03-08-2012 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by No Worries (Post 507588)
Lucky kids. My parents thought that motorcycles were works of the devil. I bought a used Hodaka when I got out of the service and had it stashed 60 miles away at a buddy's cabin. I would tell my parents I was studying geology outcrops upstate, and would go ride for a weekend.

What model Hodaka did you have? I had a Dirt Squirt when I was a kid.

No Worries 03-09-2012 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtemple (Post 507619)
What model Hodaka did you have? I had a Dirt Squirt when I was a kid.

Ace 100.

RACER X 03-23-2012 10:11 AM

update: April is on 2 wheels :D

now that the weather is nice and all we've been spending time outside. and she;s been ready becuase i didn't have to chase her down the street, lol

just straighten her up, lil push and off she goes.

CasterTroy 03-23-2012 03:43 PM

There you go! :rockwoot:

azoomm 03-23-2012 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RACER X (Post 508943)
update: April is on 2 wheels :D

now that the weather is nice and all we've been spending time outside. and she;s been ready becuase i didn't have to chase her down the street, lol

just straighten her up, lil push and off she goes.

Awesome

Gas Man 03-24-2012 11:59 AM

Awesome man. Must be a great feeling!

tallywacker 03-25-2012 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RACER X (Post 507453)

unless you get a sidehack

http://www.cccycleplaza.com/used_bik...79BEE2-clp.png

That has to be slow as balls

RACER X 03-26-2012 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gas Man (Post 508988)
Awesome man. Must be a great feeling!

thing is, we had gone to a roller skating party a weekend before and so of course she wanted skates, so we said learn to ride your bike and you can get skates. so within a few days, she got to rolling on 2 wheels. next roller skating, lol

and on the flipside, since going up and down the street was not enough for her biking, i got my bicycle out of hiding, and put new tires and a fat boy gel seat from teh skinny racing saddle i used to use on there, and got it rolling again. got Z's bike down too, and her's has the kid carrier on the back for charlie.

now we can tool around the 'hood. lol

CasterTroy 03-27-2012 09:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by RACER X (Post 509150)

now we can tool around the 'hood. lol

We can (as a WHOLE family) now too :rockwoot:

Got the wife out on my youngests scoot last night for her first ride. Which is a major step considering my wife is as prissy as she is :tremble:

But she came to me 2 weeks ago and said she's ready to ride with the rest of the family :rockwoot: SO I got HER a bike and soon she'll step up to my middle daughters bike, and then onto her own 230

RACER X 03-27-2012 11:49 AM

sweet!

Gas Man 03-28-2012 06:12 AM

Awesome... family time!

RACER X 03-29-2012 08:03 AM

April had her first ride in the rain yest., taking her home from school lol