Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   all kinds of cyclist waves (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=1873)

'73 H1 Triple 07-03-2008 11:22 PM

all kinds of cyclist waves

It's been about 12 years since I've done any serious riding so I've noticed many different styles of waving to fellow cyclists.

"Back in the day", the most common wave was just a simple lift of a few fingers of the left hand or maybe all four fingers. Now it's pointing out to the side as a wave or extending the hand.

A few waves have humored me and kept me chuckling for a few miles. Here's the top three.

3). Mr "Harley poser" is decked out in his black dew rag, black leather vest & black leather caps. He's heading towards me with his left hand on his hip. He maintains his pose, but lifts a single finger to acknowledge me.

2) Scooter boy in his brand new red scooter with red half helmet. As I turn left in front of him ( he's stopped at a stop sign ) He waves frantically at me.

1) Guy's following a pickup while going around a twisty, uphill section. I guess he wanted to wave but was too busy holding onto the bars so he lifted his left leg to wave :bonk:

Jeff

Carolina 07-03-2008 11:29 PM

yup everyone waves and i wave back if i'm engaged in shifting or breaking i jus nod my head

it's the brotherhood i wave at scooters too i love all two wheeled vehicles and love that our sport is skyrocketing

itgirl 07-03-2008 11:30 PM

i've never waved with my leg before. gotta try that one. :lol: bet it'll really throw people off.

PiZdETS 07-04-2008 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carolina (Post 53897)
it's the brotherhood i wave at scooters too i love all two wheeled vehicles and love that our sport is skyrocketing

Same here, I wave at anything on two wheels.

Well except for these guys
http://g.photos.cx/scooterbig090600-61.jpg
Sorry razor scooter guy. I have to draw the line somewhere and I don't see many unicyclists anymore.

t-homo 07-04-2008 09:26 AM

I will wave at all motorcycles. Not so much scooters. Occasionally cars if the person in them waves out the window to the side, ie. motorcycle rider and waving like he's on a bike.

itgirl 07-04-2008 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PiZdETS (Post 53926)
Same here, I wave at anything on two wheels.

Well except for these guys
http://g.photos.cx/scooterbig090600-61.jpg
Sorry razor scooter guy. I have to draw the line somewhere and I don't see many unicyclists anymore.

here's a unicyclist for ya. :lol:

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j43/itgirl25/uno.png

Audiomechanic 07-04-2008 09:40 AM

The "frantic scooter wave" reminds me of the beginning of the "White and Nerdy" Music video. :lol:

If I have to use both hands, I'll give a nod instead. I gotta try the leg thing too!

Gas Man 07-04-2008 03:00 PM

Yeah I tend to do like you say is the regular... arm out peace sign almost like the lane changing sign.

And I draw the line at no waving at the flat board scooter/spree things. NO WAVY!!

Dave 07-04-2008 04:52 PM

i point a finger at the ground at a 45 degree angle with my arm fully extended

'73 H1 Triple 07-04-2008 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gas Man (Post 53941)
Yeah I tend to do like you say is the regular... arm out peace sign almost like the lane changing sign.

And I draw the line at no waving at the flat board scooter/spree things. NO WAVY!!

Just like the "soup nazi" , No wavy for you :dthumb:

Smittie61984 07-05-2008 02:03 PM

I prefer to jump up on the tank and do a little dance to show my love. It was rough at the Gap.

I actually hate the wave. Sorry but because you ride a motorcycle doesn't mean we share some kind of special bond that makes you my brother. Nope I probably would hate you if I met you. But I do wave occasionally if I'm that bored or if I recognize the bike/rider.

Now one time I was sitting in a turn lane waiting to turn left. I see a Harley coming up and he waves at me. I nod my head some since I couldn't take my hand off the clutch and was about to go after him so had to keep the right hand on the throttle. Then I guess I pissed him off for not waving back then he flicked me off.

t-homo 07-05-2008 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smittie61984 (Post 54004)
Now one time I was sitting in a turn lane waiting to turn left. I see a Harley coming up and he waves at me. I nod my head some since I couldn't take my hand off the clutch and was about to go after him so had to keep the right hand on the throttle. Then I guess I pissed him off for not waving back then he flicked me off.

That's just the Harley inner bad(i take it up the)ass attitude that comes with buying them.

I saw a guy on a chopper pull the leg thing today. Quite amusing. Sometimes I will use the hardcore noobie wave.

'73 H1 Triple 07-12-2008 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gas Man (Post 53941)

Hey Chris, I waved to two of those flat board scooters today.

The were being ridden by two beautiful buxom young ladies wearing tanktops :drool:

I'm just glad I didn't hit the curb watching them :whistle:

Jeff

Amber Lamps 07-12-2008 09:30 PM

I don't wave at scooters,around here they are probably drug dealers or alcoholics who lost their licenses. I normally wave with a "Zieg Heil" style wave or the two fingers together "shooting a gun" style.

Quote:

Originally Posted by '73 H1 Triple (Post 55157)

The were being ridden by two beautiful buxom young ladies wearing tanktops :drool:

Jeff

Oh I'd wave something at THEM alright!

Gas Man 07-15-2008 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by '73 H1 Triple (Post 55157)

Jeff

Well I would make that exception too!

dReWpY 07-15-2008 02:21 PM

i perfer the newbie wave, perfected by nighthawk

Mr Lefty 07-16-2008 05:22 PM

My waves depend on what I'm doing at the time... if I'm just cruising through town I'll raise my hand up about shoulder high and to the side and give the peace sign...

most other times it's the arm extended 45* down to the side peace sign.

unless it's for a forest green station wagon with the watch for bikers bumper sticker in the rear window that tried running me off the road... for him... it's a special wave... I pull up next to the drivers door... I take my right leg and pull it up into me... then with one quick motion... kick my leg out with enough force to leave a good size 12" impression on his door... then to finish my move... I give the bird, and twist the throttle.

Dnyce 07-17-2008 06:23 PM

a biker cop gave me the head nod yesterday. thats a first

dReWpY 07-17-2008 06:50 PM

i hate it when your on the dragon and someone waves, your in a corner with your knee down, last thing you want to see is some asshole coming at you with his hand off the bars....