Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Street (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Well....It happened (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=3113)

Rider 11-04-2008 05:16 PM

Well....It happened

I went down this morning... details to come later... I'm ok but bruised up pretty good. Don't know the condition of the bike yet.

Ducati Diva 11-04-2008 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 85655)
I went down this morning... details to come later... I'm ok but bruised up pretty good. Don't know the condition of the bike yet.

Sorry to hear that. Glad to hear your ok!! Hope all comes out well with the bike!

PhiSig1071 11-04-2008 05:18 PM

Hope you're allright bro. Even if you're not hurting bad right now take some motrin or BC, 'cause if you don't you'll be feeling it later.

Hope the bike's not too bad.

the chi 11-04-2008 05:23 PM

Goodness!! I hope your ok!

FT BSTRD 11-04-2008 05:25 PM

Suck.

PiZdETS 11-04-2008 05:25 PM

That sucks man, glad you're allright. Hope your gorgeous bike aint too bruised up.

Amber Lamps 11-04-2008 05:45 PM

I'm so sorry man! I'm starting to wonder about the Bridgestones I bought. I was using them for both of my low sides and haven't had any problems since...:idk: Anyway,when you feel up to it let me know what happened and if you feel that the tires had anything to do with it. I hope that you feel better!

Mr Lefty 11-04-2008 05:51 PM

so what was the reason? rider fault? tire slip? a yak escape the local zoo and take you out mid corner?

Hope your alright... how'd your gear hold up?

marko138 11-04-2008 05:54 PM

Oh boy. Hope everything is cool.

t-homo 11-04-2008 06:11 PM

Damn man. Hope you and the bike are alright.

DLIT 11-04-2008 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FT BSTRD (Post 85662)
Suck.

You're kidding us with the size of that sig, right?

Time to take advantage of insurance and mod the shit out of the bike...if it's not totaled. Glad you're alright.

No Worries 11-04-2008 06:57 PM

You only have one body. You can always get another bike.

NONE_too_SOFT 11-04-2008 07:08 PM

sorry ed. we're here for ya if you need anything.

itgirl 11-04-2008 08:10 PM

yikes! that sux!

r!der 11-04-2008 08:17 PM

sucks!...but good to hear you came out of it ok.

jalaan1 11-04-2008 09:40 PM

sucks, but yur up and posting here so sounds like yur ok.

def. give us a sit rep. on the bike when ya get a chance.

Quick281 11-04-2008 09:56 PM

Glad to hear your ok!

Captain Morgan 11-04-2008 10:44 PM

Damn, Ed, I hate to hear that!! I hope you and the bike are okay.

Rider 11-05-2008 08:15 AM

Ok here is the story.

It was a beaufiful day and was supposed to reach 72 degrees, so after I got home from voting, I called my insurance company and reinstated my full coverage since I dropped it to comprehensive last week. I get geared up head down the road. It was about 48 degrees so a little in the cold side.
I get to the end of my street, take a left anD accelerated to 40mph (speed limit is 35).

The road that I was on is pretty hilly and has some blind hills wher you cant see over the crest of the hill. I appriach the first hill on the street and when I ge to the crest, there was a dump truck carrying a load of ladscape rocks backing into a driveway and was taking up both lanes(single lane in each direction). I hit the brakes and lock up the wheels. The tires were cold, road was damp from moring dew, I'm going down hill and there is gravel on the road from a recent road repeir job. I was not slowing down and I knew I was going to hit the truck. As I neared the truck the wheels cought and highsided me. The bike continued to hit the truck while sliding on thr right side. I was thrown to the side, tumbled a few times and ended up behind the trucks rear wheels. The truck rolled up onto my left leg. The driver of the truck reacted quickly and pulled forward so that the truck was only on my leg for 3-4 seconds. I was able to then roll over onto my stomach. (11 was called and I got a trip to the emergecy room because the paramedics though my leg was broken.

Damage to me-
After x-rays were taken of my shoulder and left leg they determined tha I had no broken bones at all. What I do have is a sprained left shoulder ac joint and some bruising and some swelling on my left leg. No road rash at all.

Damage to the bike-
The bike will need new plasics all the way around. Both mirrors are scratched ans the turn signal lenses are broken, the left side rear set is bent, shift lever is bent, rear passenger prg is bent, right side bar end is scraped and the clutch lever is rashed, frint rim is scratched, exhaust can is scratched, right side engine case is scratched, and the chain guared is cracked. The frame doesnt have a mark on it and the gas tank was undamaged. The swing arm has a scuff on it but I dont think there is any damamge to it. The insurance adjuster is coming over this ming to look at.

So.. I have my left leg in a brace so I cant move it and I am on some pretty good pain pills. I will be off of work for a few days, but I will make a full recovery and the bike should be fixable.

Thank you all for your concern. I'll be back on 2 in the spring with a rebuilt bike.

I forgot to add that my gear held up well. A* gloves dont have a mark on them, Cortech textile jacket is dirty but not rashed, Shoei helmet is a scratched from the impact with the ground.

JoJoYZF 11-05-2008 08:32 AM

Damn man that sucks. Glad to hear youre alright and hopefully the bike will be fixable, which it sounds like it will be. You made it out pretty good for how bad that couldve turned out.

marko138 11-05-2008 08:48 AM

Damn brutha. Glad you are ok for the most part. Good gear pays for itself IMO. Every piece of gear I was wearing hit the ground when I low sided a few weeks ago.

Heal up.

firstcherokeekid 11-05-2008 09:13 AM

Glad to hear you are ok. It could have been alot worse. And it is amazing that a dump truck ran over your leg and you have no broken bones. I am very impressed with your crashing skills man!!!!!!:rockwoot:

neebelung 11-05-2008 09:39 AM

Quote:

Oh crap!!!!! :panic: I'm glad you're okay!!!!

neebelung 11-05-2008 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 85820)
Ok here is the story.

It was a beaufiful day and was supposed to reach 72 degrees, so after I got home from voting, I called my insurance company and reinstated my full coverage since I dropped it to comprehensive last week. I get geared up head down the road. It was about 48 degrees so a little in the cold side.
I get to the end of my street, take a left anD accelerated to 40mph (speed limit is 35).

The road that I was on is pretty hilly and has some blind hills wher you cant see over the crest of the hill. I appriach the first hill on the street and when I ge to the crest, there was a dump truck carrying a load of ladscape rocks backing into a driveway and was taking up both lanes(single lane in each direction). I hit the brakes and lock up the wheels. The tires were cold, road was damp from moring dew, I'm going down hill and there is gravel on the road from a recent road repeir job. I was not slowing down and I knew I was going to hit the truck. As I neared the truck the wheels cought and highsided me. The bike continued to hit the truck while sliding on thr right side. I was thrown to the side, tumbled a few times and ended up behind the trucks rear wheels. The truck rolled up onto my left leg. The driver of the truck reacted quickly and pulled forward so that the truck was only on my leg for 3-4 seconds. I was able to then roll over onto my stomach. (11 was called and I got a trip to the emergecy room because the paramedics though my leg was broken.

Damage to me-
After x-rays were taken of my shoulder and left leg they determined tha I had no broken bones at all. What I do have is a sprained left shoulder ac joint and some bruising and some swelling on my left leg. No road rash at all.

Damage to the bike-
The bike will need new plasics all the way around. Both mirrors are scratched ans the turn signal lenses are broken, the left side rear set is bent, shift lever is bent, rear passenger prg is bent, right side bar end is scraped and the clutch lever is rashed, frint rim is scratched, exhaust can is scratched, right side engine case is scratched, and the chain guared is cracked. The frame doesnt have a mark on it and the gas tank was undamaged. The swing arm has a scuff on it but I dont think there is any damamge to it. The insurance adjuster is coming over this ming to look at.

So.. I have my left leg in a brace so I cant move it and I am on some pretty good pain pills. I will be off of work for a few days, but I will make a full recovery and the bike should be fixable.

Thank you all for your concern. I'll be back on 2 in the spring with a rebuilt bike.

I forgot to add that my gear held up well. A* gloves dont have a mark on them, Cortech textile jacket is dirty but not rashed, Shoei helmet is a scratched from the impact with the ground.

Oh holy shit... I'm glad you reinstated your insurance, glad you were all geared up and most of all, glad the truck driver was quick to react!!! Geezz..... :panic:

the chi 11-05-2008 09:43 AM

Oh damn babe, that really sucks, but thankfully both you and the bike will make a full recovery!! Some kinda good luck must have been with you for that truck not to harm you!! *hugs*

How'd the family take it?

dReWpY 11-05-2008 09:43 AM

good to hear your ok

azoomm 11-05-2008 09:53 AM

:( Wow!! Really glad you are relatively OK - heal quickly and completely!

Did you get the information of the other driver? Any responsibility on his part because of blocking lanes??

NONE_too_SOFT 11-05-2008 10:09 AM

yea those A* SP gloves are friggin great in a wreck. didnt even scuff my leather up when i went down in june.

i'm assuming you got the truck drivers ins information, as it doesnt seem like the accident was your fault?

marko138 11-05-2008 10:14 AM

Seems to me the ax maybe his fault. Possibly driving too fast for conditions. I dont know what the deal is with blocking both lanes.

PhiSig1071 11-05-2008 10:52 AM

Again, Glad you're ok! Ditch the helmet and get a new one, once it's got a ding in it like that it's usually no good anymore.

JoJoYZF 11-05-2008 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 85853)
Seems to me the ax maybe his fault. Possibly driving too fast for conditions. I dont know what the deal is with blocking both lanes.

Thats what I was thinking because if he says he came over a blind hill and didnt see them until it was too late theyd probably just tell him that he was going too fast.

Captain Morgan 11-05-2008 12:16 PM

Again, glad you're okay. I'm wondering if you're going to have any problems with insurance since you had just increased it that morning. I hope your agent processed it right away and there is a time stamp. Otherwise, you may have the additional problem of your insurance company crying foul/fraud attempt. I was an agent for a brief time and you'd be surprised of the stories of fraud that occured. I just hope your insurance company doesn't give you any problems.

marko138 11-05-2008 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Morgan (Post 85884)
Again, glad you're okay. I'm wondering if you're going to have any problems with insurance since you had just increased it that morning. I hope your agent processed it right away and there is a time stamp. Otherwise, you may have the additional problem of your insurance company crying foul/fraud attempt. I was an agent for a brief time and you'd be surprised of the stories of fraud that occured. I just hope your insurance company doesn't give you any problems.

Very true.

t-homo 11-05-2008 01:07 PM

Damn man. Glad to hear you are both going to be alright. Got pretty lucky from how it sounds.

ceo012384 11-05-2008 02:23 PM

Ed,

That sounds like a rough accident... the highside and the truck on your leg.... that shit is no joke.

I hope your recovery is a speedy and painless one.

Bikes can always be repaired or replaced.

-Christopher

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoJoYZF (Post 85871)
Thats what I was thinking because if he says he came over a blind hill and didnt see them until it was too late theyd probably just tell him that he was going too fast.

It's Ed's fault, unfortunately.

If there are blind crests or curves on a road, you are supposed to adjust your speed (even far under the limit) accordingly to be able to safely react to anything that might be ahead.

The truck driver was not technically doing anything wrong, 3 point turns and other such maneuvers are legal as long as you signal properly beforehand that you will be doing them...

Antwanny 11-05-2008 02:42 PM

Quote:

Easy to prove it was his fault, he was going to fast for conditions. If he was not going to fast for conditions he could have stopped in time. Now the percentage at fault is differrent, thats determined by how good of a lawyer you and the opposing party has. (Good to hear your ok)
________
FORD MOTOR COMPANY OF CANADA PICTURE
________
Ship Sale

Mr Lefty 11-05-2008 02:55 PM

sorry guys... this is NOT ed's fault... it'd be VERY hard to prove he was doing 5mph over the speed limit... the gravel from the recent paving and the cold conditions added to his accident. if those conditions lower the speed limit then there should have been a construction sign lowering the speed limit...

The dude was blocking the road... unless they can tell by a skid mark or what ever, that ed was traveling at a speed greater than 35, the truck driver is at fault. but there's no way they'll be able to tell his speed down to 5mph. shit at least on my bike.... I loose 5mph in an instant by shutting the throttle. so chances are he'd be under 35mph by the time he hit the brakes.

ceo012384 11-05-2008 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebbs15 (Post 85954)
sorry guys... this is NOT ed's fault... it'd be VERY hard to prove he was doing 5mph over the speed limit... the gravel from the recent paving and the cold conditions added to his accident. if those conditions lower the speed limit then there should have been a construction sign lowering the speed limit...

The dude was blocking the road... unless they can tell by a skid mark or what ever, that ed was traveling at a speed greater than 35, the truck driver is at fault. but there's no way they'll be able to tell his speed down to 5mph. shit at least on my bike.... I loose 5mph in an instant by shutting the throttle. so chances are he'd be under 35mph by the time he hit the brakes.

100% incorrect.

so sand on the road is a condition that makes an accident not someone's fault?

you must travel at a speed appropriate for the conditions or possible conditions. The speed limit is a guideline for the ABSOLUTE MAXIMUM that you should ever travel on a road in perfect conditions (you can get a ticket for speeding in the rain while going under the speed limit, for example...)

Obviously I feel bad that Ed crashed, but the accident is technically his fault.

Mr Lefty 11-05-2008 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceo012384 (Post 85956)
100% incorrect.

you must travel at a speed appropriate for the conditions or possible conditions. The speed limit is a guideline for the ABSOLUTE MAXIMUM that you should ever travel on a road in perfect conditions (you can get a ticket for speeding in the rain while going under the speed limit, for example...)

Obviously I feel bad that Ed crashed, but the accident is technically his fault.

in the eyes of the law as far as insurance... he came over a blind ridge... couldn't KNOW that there was sand/gravel on the road as there was no construction sign... that's why they reduce the speed in recent construction zones...

yes... Ed should have been going slower... but as far as who's at fault for the accident... it's the driver.

smileyman 11-05-2008 03:11 PM

Anytime you crash it is your fault. Damn I hate it happened to you Ed but so glad to hear you will mend fast...Don't know how that truck didn't crush your leg!

And I am sure that when the insurance company sees your ambulance bill and Dr report they will know it wasn't done in the spirit of fraud!!!

I remember hitting a raccoon on a rain slicked AR highway and crashing...The Trooper wrote me up for "Driving too fast for conditions" and then gave me a very stern look when I asked "What speed is appropriate for hitting a raccoon?"

Bottom line was even though I was going 55 I lost control and it has to be someones fault! Now the truck in the story should have had a flagger, no excuses there and if the insurance company doesn't make Ed whole again he has a shot at proving their incompetence and getting a reasonable (not sizable) settlement just to keep their insurance from paying, but that is only if Ed's insurance company doesn't adequately compensate him for his loss...

Mr Lefty 11-05-2008 03:16 PM

what i'm saying is in the eyes of the insurance company and law it's not ed's fault.

yes... in reality it's always your fault... you could have done something to prevent it. even when blind sided... you could have paid more attention to your surroundings. I'm all about self responsibility... I'm not saying Ed wasn't traveling to fast... I'm saying from the insurance stand point, and law's eyes... he's not at fault.

either way... hope you heal up quick... but look on the bright side... at most your cutting your season a week or two short... and get time to fully heal up and get your bike back to 100%

smileyman 11-05-2008 03:35 PM

Yeah i got ya Ebbs...There must have been a ton of debris in that intersection you flipped in...I KID, I KID:sorry:

Rider 11-05-2008 03:41 PM

Michigan is a no fault state so that part doesn't matter. In any case they measured the skid mark at 83 feet. I don't know what that translates into speed, but with cold tires, rock pebbles being in the road and going down hill, I couldn't have been going that fast. The insurance adjuster said she's seen many wrecked bikes and that mine looks like a 25mph low side. There was a police report so there is no problem with the insurance part. They came out to look at the bike this morning. I don't have hard numbers yet but she was estimating about $4-$5K worth of damage. She said I needed to get my bike into a shop so they can give a full estimate and they will base the repair cost off of what the shop says it will cost. Since it is only cosmetic damage I will do the repairs myself.

The only thing I can say that the truck driver did wrong was that he didn't have a flagger at the top of the hill to stop traffic. :idk:

ceo012384 11-05-2008 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebbs15 (Post 85959)
in the eyes of the law as far as insurance... but as far as who's at fault for the accident... it's the driver.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebbs15 (Post 85963)
what i'm saying is in the eyes of the insurance company and law it's not ed's fault.

... I'm saying from the insurance stand point, and law's eyes... he's not at fault.

No, that's my point. In the eyes of the law and the insurance, it's Ed's fault.

No other vehicle hit him or made a left turn from the right hand lane into him or anything like that.

Crashing a vehicle to avoid conditions/roadblocks/wet/gravel/etc is always legally the operator's fault.

It was a single vehicle accident where he crashed his bike = his fault.

anyways, sorry for the hijack.

R1up0n1 11-05-2008 04:48 PM

ehhh who cares who's fault it is....shit happends that you can't react in time. That's why we have insurance...either way he is covered to heal up and fix his bike back up so he can ride again.
Just glad your ok man.

Antwanny 11-05-2008 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceo012384 (Post 85956)
100% incorrect.

my old man was a cop and he said after just about every car accident there was a speeding ticket, " if you weren't driving too fast for conditions/tailgating you would have had time to react and you would not have crashed."

But blame aside get well soon.
________
Ford thunderbird specifications
________
Iolite Packaging

smileyman 11-05-2008 05:30 PM

I had a friend who panick braked on a wet road to avoid a rear end accident in front of him...He slid to a stop mere inches from the 2 wrecked cars only to be hit from behind and pushed into the accident.

The officer on scene ticketed each driver including my friend with following to close...Life really sucks sometimes. Each auto's insurance company had to pick up the tab of the car in front of it...

Carolina 11-05-2008 05:31 PM

My crash was almost like that. No dump truck, a car and no backing on me just couldn't stop:idk: I was only going 32 in a 25 according to the police report. I got a citation but no speeding ticket and no court yayyyy,but it was on a military installation so idk in your case.

well at least you didn't break your wrist. I'm still trying to figure out what the fuck I did or didn't do oh well bikes gone i'm good and i'll be getting something else when my wrist fully heals in JAN,FEB

Glad your alright though

NEW469 11-05-2008 07:37 PM

Quote:

Goodspeed on the recovery:dthumb:

DLIT 11-05-2008 08:31 PM

Did you have frame sliders on? Is it possible that they coulda reduced some of the damage, if you don't have them on already?

Cutty72 11-05-2008 08:59 PM

Heal up soon man so you can start modding that sucker!

jeeps84 11-05-2008 11:34 PM

Wishing you a get well.

The bike is most likely totaled from your description. Ask to retain salvage. They just deduct the buy back amount from check. I assuming you still owe on it. Translating, they would pay all but 1 or 2 G's. That would leave you with a wrecked bike but owing very lil depending on amount owed.

Rider 11-06-2008 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DLIT (Post 86031)
Did you have frame sliders on? Is it possible that they coulda reduced some of the damage, if you don't have them on already?

No frame sliders. Not sure they would have saved much since there is no damage to the frame, swing arm, or gas tank. The headlight assembly is fully in tact.

Full set of plastics, rear sets, brake lever, passenger pegs, front rim, right side engine cover, the entire exhaust, front brake lever, rear brake lever, right side bar end are all that is messed up. Sliders might have helped the engine cover but that's about it.

dReWpY 11-06-2008 11:04 AM

was this your first get off on the street?

Rider 11-06-2008 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeeps84 (Post 86109)
Wishing you a get well.

The bike is most likely totaled from your description. Ask to retain salvage. They just deduct the buy back amount from check. I assuming you still owe on it. Translating, they would pay all but 1 or 2 G's. That would leave you with a wrecked bike but owing very lil depending on amount owed.

The insurance company is saying somewhere between 4-5K in damage. So it's not going to be totaled since the bike is worth 10K. It's at the dealer right now getting a quote form them. I'm good friends with the parts manager there so he will take 20% off all the parts I need, so I might be able to pocket some cash. I will also do most of the labor myself since it's all bolt on parts. I'm definitely going to end up with some new rear sets and a full exhaust system since the can AND the header are scratched.

Rider 11-06-2008 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drewpy (Post 86239)
was this your first get off on the street?

Yes it was.

dReWpY 11-06-2008 11:07 AM

sucks

Rider 11-06-2008 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drewpy (Post 86247)
sucks

Yeah but I'll be ok and the bike will be fixed. It does suck but it happens.

It's funny because there was a discussion a few weeks ago on this board about ABS. At the tome I said I wasn't sure about them, but now I'm convinced that if I had them, this wreck might have been prevented.

Mr Lefty 11-06-2008 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smileyman (Post 85968)
Yeah i got ya Ebbs...There must have been a ton of debris in that intersection you flipped in...I KID, I KID:sorry:

actually there was... oil, pieces of metal... and crap everywhere... course that was AFTER :lol:

ontwo 11-06-2008 05:09 PM

Glad you're ok, dude

marko138 11-06-2008 07:16 PM

I was super pissed when I crashed a few weeks ago. You're right, shit happens. You rebuild and get back on. It sucks...but it's not the end of the world. My shit's back together and you can't even tell it slid across the pavement. I'm sure you'll will be the same in due time.

Gas Man 11-07-2008 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 85972)
Michigan is a no fault state so that part doesn't matter. In any case they measured the skid mark at 83 feet. I don't know what that translates into speed, but with cold tires, rock pebbles being in the road and going down hill, I couldn't have been going that fast. The insurance adjuster said she's seen many wrecked bikes and that mine looks like a 25mph low side. There was a police report so there is no problem with the insurance part. They came out to look at the bike this morning. I don't have hard numbers yet but she was estimating about $4-$5K worth of damage. She said I needed to get my bike into a shop so they can give a full estimate and they will base the repair cost off of what the shop says it will cost. Since it is only cosmetic damage I will do the repairs myself.

The only thing I can say that the truck driver did wrong was that he didn't have a flagger at the top of the hill to stop traffic. :idk:

Glad you're ok man. Let me know if I can help at all.

What insurance company? What did they say about the accident itself?

Rider 11-07-2008 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gas Man (Post 88230)
Glad you're ok man. Let me know if I can help at all.

What insurance company? What did they say about the accident itself?

Thanks Gas,

I will probably need help rebuilding the bike. I'm going to try to do it all myself since it's all cosmetic. Insurance in Liberty Mutual. The police report said I was going 36mph (speed limit was 35)according to the skid marks. No citation will be issued and the case is closed. My medical bills are being taken care of by the drivers of the trucks insurance because in the state of Michigan, the law doesn't consider a motorcycle a motorized vehicle and no mater who is at fault, when a motorcycle is involved in a wreck with a motorized vehicle, the insurance company for that vehicle pays for all medical bills.

I'm healing up quick though.

NONE_too_SOFT 11-07-2008 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 88439)
Thanks Gas,

I will probably need help rebuilding the bike. I'm going to try to do it all myself since it's all cosmetic. Insurance in Liberty Mutual. The police report said I was going 36mph (speed limit was 35)according to the skid marks. No citation will be issued and the case is closed. My medical bills are being taken care of by the drivers of the trucks insurance because in the state of Michigan, the law doesn't consider a motorcycle a motorized vehicle and no mater who is at fault, when a motorcycle is involved in a wreck with a motorized vehicle, the insurance company for that vehicle pays for all medical bills.

I'm healing up quick though.

the rebuild will be a good project for you this winter. I had fun with mine.

Gas Man 11-07-2008 02:01 PM

Well we have some distance Ed, but Mi casa su casa

pickle.of.doom 11-07-2008 02:58 PM

Damn, sorry to hear it Rider. Could have been a lot worse. Hell of a good call on making that shout to your insurance company though!

marko138 11-07-2008 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gas Man (Post 88490)
Well we have some distance Ed, but Mi casa su casa

Mi casa es su casa, amigo.

Gas Man 11-07-2008 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 88577)
Mi casa es su casa, amigo.

mucho gracious senior

LeeNetworX 11-07-2008 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 85820)
Ok here is the story.

It was a beaufiful day and was supposed to reach 72 degrees, so after I got home from voting, I called my insurance company and reinstated my full coverage since I dropped it to comprehensive last week.

Is your insurance company giving you any guff about that? (dropping then suddenly reinstating coverage, right before you wrecked)

Sucks about the whole deal - heal up quick. And good luck dealing with the insuance company.

Rider 11-07-2008 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeeNetworX (Post 88597)
Is your insurance company giving you any guff about that? (dropping then suddenly reinstating coverage, right before you wrecked)

Sucks about the whole deal - heal up quick. And good luck dealing with the insuance company.

No not really. They have on record that I called at 8:32am and the police report said the accident happened about 9am. So they said I was covered.

LeeNetworX 11-07-2008 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 88604)
No not really. They have on record that I called at 8:32am and the police report said the accident happened about 9am. So they said I was covered.

I'm impressed. Based on our past experience with them, Liberty Mutual sucks big time in my book. Me no like them.

Mr Lefty 11-07-2008 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leenetworx (Post 88615)
i'm impressed. Based on our past experience with them, liberty mutual sucks big time in my book. Me no like them.

state farm ftgdmfw!

LeeNetworX 11-07-2008 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebbs15 (Post 88618)
state farm ftgdmfw!

They are good, we've used them in the past. We have Allstate at the moment for home and auto, and Dairyland for moto. No complaints with them, either.

Rider 11-07-2008 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeeNetworX (Post 88615)
I'm impressed. Based on our past experience with them, Liberty Mutual sucks big time in my book. Me no like them.

Well I have yet to see a check from them.

LeeNetworX 11-07-2008 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 88623)
Well I have yet to see a check from them.

I'm sure you'll get a check. But just wait for your rate increase. : (

Rider 11-07-2008 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeeNetworX (Post 88624)
I'm sure you'll get a check. But just wait for your rate increase. : (

They increase my rates and I'm gone. Just on principle, even if I cant get a cheaper rate anywhere else, I'll still leave.

PhiSig1071 11-07-2008 04:59 PM

Any pics of the bike? Now that we know you're going to be allright I'd kinda like to see how the bike and gear held up.

marko138 11-08-2008 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 88634)
They increase my rates and I'm gone. Just on principle, even if I cant get a cheaper rate anywhere else, I'll still leave.

I never got that...if rates are increased as soon as we need the insurance...WHAT THE FUCK HAVE I BEEN PAYING FOR ALL THIS TIME?????

jeeps84 11-08-2008 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 89305)
I never got that...if rates are increased as soon as we need the insurance...WHAT THE FUCK HAVE I BEEN PAYING FOR ALL THIS TIME?????

insurance that your rates wont go up till you need it.

marko138 11-08-2008 10:44 AM

Which is bullshit....they are just gonna skyrocket anyway...why not lower them until I need it...then raise it anyway.

jeeps84 11-08-2008 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 89313)
Which is bullshit....they are just gonna skyrocket anyway...why not lower them until I need it...then raise it anyway.

Drive long enough and safe enough. Thats what you get. Fuck up and get screwed for years.

marko138 11-08-2008 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeeps84 (Post 89315)
Drive long enough and safe enough. Thats what you get. Fuck up and get screwed for years.

Exactly.

Rider 11-09-2008 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhiSig1071 (Post 88882)
Any pics of the bike? Now that we know you're going to be allright I'd kinda like to see how the bike and gear held up.

No pics of the bike yet, it's up at the dealer right now. I'll get pics of my gear though.

marko138 11-09-2008 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 90236)
No pics of the bike yet, it's up at the dealer right now. I'll get pics of my gear though.

What were you wearing?

Rider 11-09-2008 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 90377)
What were you wearing?

Shoei Helmet, Cortech textile jacket, and A* gloves.

marko138 11-09-2008 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 90420)
Shoei Helmet, Cortech textile jacket, and A* gloves.

You were riding w/o pants? http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m.../party0053.gif

Trip 11-09-2008 03:23 PM

Damn, sorry to hear that bro. Glad you came out ok

Rider 11-10-2008 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 90472)

I had on dress slacks(I was on my way to work).... :panic: The only road rash I have is smaller than a business card and it barely broke the skin. Its just below my right knee on the outside of my calf.... exactly where knee pucks would sit. It never bled. I've had worse raspberries sliding into second base playing baseball.. :idk:

marko138 11-10-2008 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 91397)
I had on dress slacks(I was on my way to work).... :panic: The only road rash I have is smaller than a business card and it barely broke the skin. Its just below my right knee on the outside of my calf.... exactly where knee pucks would sit. It never bled. I've had worse raspberries sliding into second base playing baseball.. :idk:

Thats good. I'd say you got lucky on that one.

Rider 11-10-2008 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 91401)
Thats good. I'd say you got lucky on that one.

Yeah I got lucky... The fact that my left leg got run over by a dump truck full of landscaping rocks ..and it didn't break my leg... Someone was looking out for me.

marko138 11-10-2008 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 91402)
Yeah I got lucky... The fact that my left leg got run over by a dump truck full of landscaping rocks ..and it didn't break my leg... Someone was looking out for me.

Most definately.

Digifox 11-10-2008 09:42 AM

DAYUM! ! !
you lucky! ! !

Could have ended up ALOT worse!

PhiSig1071 11-10-2008 11:10 AM

I'm literally still shaking my head when I think about the dump truck.

Rider 11-10-2008 11:19 AM

The shop just called. They are considering the bike a total loss. $9711 to fix it. :panic: I wonder what my insurance company will say to that. They estimated $3600 worth of damage. My insurance company has not called the shop yet and boy are they going to get a surprise. Literally a new exhaust, track plastics, front wheel, and rear sets, this bike will be a killer track bike. Frame, engine, swingarm, forks, triple tree, clip ons, headlight, taillight, and gas tank are all pristine.

marko138 11-10-2008 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 91475)
The shop just called. They are considering the bike a total loss. $9711 to fix it. :panic: I wonder what my insurance company will say to that. They estimated $3600 worth of damage. My insurance company has not called the shop yet and boy are they going to get a surprise. Literally a new exhaust, track plastics, front wheel, and rear sets, this bike will be a killer track bike. Frame, engine, swingarm, forks, triple tree, clip ons, headlight, taillight, and gas tank are all pristine.

If they are pristine why such a price tag? It obviously needs a bit of work.

PhiSig1071 11-10-2008 11:24 AM

Check because you might be able to buy the bike back. In FL it's a 20/80 rule. If the damage is more than 80% of the insured value then it's totaled, and you can buy it back for 20% of the insured value.

EDIT: Marko, they might include cost of labor, plus OEM parts are fucking expensive as hell. I'll bet the OEM exhaust and rim alone would cost $2500.

marko138 11-10-2008 11:33 AM

Yeah good point.

Rider 11-10-2008 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhiSig1071 (Post 91481)
Check because you might be able to buy the bike back. In FL it's a 20/80 rule. If the damage is more than 80% of the insured value then it's totaled, and you can buy it back for 20% of the insured value.

EDIT: Marko, they might include cost of labor, plus OEM parts are fucking expensive as hell. I'll bet the OEM exhaust and rim alone would cost $2500.

The OEM exhaust system is over $2500 alone and $75/hour shop labor rate makes things add up quick.

PhiSig1071 11-10-2008 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 91492)
The OEM exhaust system is over $2500 alone and $75/hour shop labor rate makes things add up quick.

Damn, that's a hell of a lot more than I was guessing. Plus they'll replace everything, for instance on the rim, they'll replace the rim, brake discs, bearings, etc all individually.

Particle Man 11-10-2008 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 91402)

jesus christ! that's some messed up shit.

Back on topic, sucks that you went down but sounds like it could have been much worse.