View Single Post
Old 12-09-2008, 12:03 AM   #9
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
I was just putting up an example of a company "proving" their truck is the best. I mean you don't see all that body shake in Dodge's video. Oh and as far as the load pictured,taking into account the massive weight of the bucket,if they fully released the hydraulics that is,I'd say that you are right. personally,when we pulled a 8X24 to Daytona from Mi,we always used load levelers. Oh,and how does the truck stop the trailer from wagging with the only connection being the ball? Yes,I know how to haul,but if you have to get out of the gas while a semi is passing you,what can the truck do to fix it without compromising the reason your wish to decelerate?
By smackin the trailer brakes while stayin in the throttle. I've hauled more trailers than most.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLIT View Post
I don't give a fuck how many trucks they sold. Longevity is my main concern. I got my truck to haul my bike around and that's pretty much it. And it does it effortlessly. I've towed a 15' enclosed trailer with my bike in it and it did with no problem at all. I don't see me going over 1/4-mile speed bump paths either. The day I have a job working at a construction site, then I might look at all those tests and make a pick. Until then, I'll go with the proven winner in longevity...Toyota. And last I checked, I didn't drive a Tundra, I drove a Tacoma. Where's the mid-sized proving grounds at?

The new F150 looks tight though.
Understandable... but I don't see where anybody can say anything either way on one out lasting the other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnyce View Post
why does a truck have to be domestic? thats retarded. i know its just your opinion, but damn. i dont believe u typed that lol
You're not from Detroit (motor city) so you won't understand. Maybe Mud can speakith. But till he does I will try.

Listen its simple... if any of the big 3 go down the fall out will be INSANE!! I think I was told that for every 1 worker at the Big 3, 9 others loose their jobs. THink of the companies that make the products for the vechicles, then a truck company that hauls it the factory, then the guys that unload it at the factory, the guy who assembles it to the car, the truck company that hauls the cars away to the dealers, the kid that checks them in, the guy who preps the car, the kid that washes the car, the salesman who sells it, the service writer and mechanic that services it, the parts people who sell the replacement parts, ect... the list is incrediable. Not too mention then all of those people stop buying other goods.

Do we really want our country to be a totally consumer based society? Do we want us to buy EVERYTHING from overseas?

Or

Do we want our country to be on the leading edge of technology and create products that are sold worldwide? It is OBVIOUS to anybody with a brain that these other countries don't have the the quality control and stringent guidelines that USA does. Hence lead paint on kids toys, shafty craftsmanship, ect.

The world is seeing the light that you get what you pay for and there is going to be a increased demand for more "Made in USA". I know I have been trying hard to do so for many years now. I can honestly tell you, that I WILL NOT own a foreign car in my driveway. PERIOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudpuppy View Post
the new f150 is bad ass for sure.. i have drove every brand, haven't yet drove the 09 f150, and i can say that by far the f150 has always been superior.. the new one just looks like they improved on a good thing.. i look forward to driving one soon.. have to wait for a good snowy day and do a test drive down some unplowed roads.. already had my expedition out for some winter fun over the weekend - fuck i love that expedition - it's such a god damn tank and just wants to drive through anything.. it's a ton of fun to drive especially off road..
This man knows his shit on this and works in the industry. Teach em Mud!

I love the new look of the F150. The dodge looks like shit. And I have never grown to like the new chevy front end from 2008+. I do like the new dodge side boxes, but the fords isn't a slouch either... their steps are awesome and that bedliner organizer thing is pimp.

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote