View Single Post
Old 03-03-2009, 12:13 PM   #28
berto
Supermoto Junkie

Moto: DRZ400SM & VTX1300C

The big 3 have a way to go... but people have such horrible tunnel vision that they forget how BMW was almost bankrupted a few years back... the talk of selling the cycle division.

Toyota, Honda and Nissan are govt subsidized by the japanese govt. The big three (GM, Chrysler) did not ask for free money, like the banks, but for a LOAN!

People like to complain, and complain about cars when they should be complaining about banks and bad govt management. Banks and investors lost us (me and most people I know 40-50% of our wealth) but banks got hundreds of billions in BAILOUT (no payback needed) money.

I agree, UAW has been a HUGE factor at hurting the american companies but there are a hundred other problems that brought them down.

Let's drop the ONLY american manufacturing industry left in this country... let's depend on other countries to support us and give us what we need. Yeah, keep putting down american products and companies, this recession will be a joke compared to the crap we'll go thru.

Rant Off... getting off soapbox...