View Single Post
Old 11-01-2009, 11:05 PM   #7
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

besides the derf incident, theres this road we usually hit at least once a year that snakes through parts of delaware, pa, and maryland thats tight, narrow, twisty, and has crazy elevation changes. well wer're on the way back and im up at the front riding with the young dumb and fast group at around fourth. theres this one particular hill that everyone is hitting hard enough to jump over...well i go for it too. only thing is i forget about torque and keep it pinned when i hit the air and she stands up into a guy martin style jump into a wheelie landing. and me not at all being prepared for it my feet slide completely off the rear pegs and hang from the bars. somehow i managed to go into the superhuman time slowdown place that happens when you are about to die and eased the throttle off to bring her down on two and back under control. didnt really learn my lesson from that either as a few turns later we were coming down a sharp grade into a left and i screwed up a downshift and had to deal with a little skid action. i eased off after that one sixxer can attest to the truth of this story since he and another friend were right behind me
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote