View Single Post
Old 11-02-2009, 10:27 AM   #23
HokieDNA01
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2007 Suzuki GSX-r 750

learning how to ride I went with my "harley friends" (hadn't met any sportbikers yet) on my little 250 to a local bar (go figure). I sat there all night drinking soda.

I come outside to find some asshole had moved my motorcycle out of a parking spot so he could park his truck there. He moved me on to some broken up concrete/gravel. I go on the bike, fired it up and started to try and back up. I couldn't with the gravel, my short legs and slight up hill angle. I wasn't experienced enough to know I could get off and push it back so I put it in gear and tried to u-turn it in gear in the fairly large "parking spot" I was in. I got it almost all the way around till I was butting right up to a parked car (dont' know if it was the guy that moved me but it was the same spot).

I pulled the clutch in and started to try to back it up so I could complete my turn but I slipped on the gravel and dropped the clutch. BAM! right into the side of the truck. A bunch of drunk guys came running out including the shit faced truck owner. They all started screaming at me and my "lack of riding skills" and as I asked them to help me while I got off the bike. They let it tip over onto the pavement. Thank you!

Next thing I get is that I MUST be drunk and they are calling the cops. I told them go ahead, I'm sober and I have insurance. The truck owner then realized he would be busted for being so shitty himself so he said I could leave if someone picked my bike up and I couldn't ride it or he would again call the cops. I was hysterical at this point and called a good friend to get me.

He came over, bought all the guys a round of shots and they forgot about me and let me ride home. I lost my confidence that day and after them telling me over and over "this is why women shouldn't ride" I just about believed them. I'm glad I got over it and worked to put as many miles as I could on that year.

2014 Honda NC700X
2007 Suzuki GSX-r 750
2000 Yamaha XT225
2004 Kawasaki EX250 (sold)
HokieDNA01 is offline   Reply With Quote