View Single Post
Old 02-14-2010, 10:55 AM   #6
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Quote:
Originally Posted by askmrjesus View Post
Multiplied by the 5 bikes I have, that's about 600 clams to drop on oil filters, that I have to clean.

I've been running HIFLOWFILTRO's on all my bikes for about the last ten years. They're TUV approved.

TUV, is the German testing agency for all things automotive. Basically, if you want to run any aftermarket part in Germany, it has to be TUV approved. Getting a TUV approval, is notoriously difficult. You have to jump through some major hoops. The K&N filters for bikes, are actually made by HIFLOW.

As far as the math goes, what's your time worth? I'd have to guess you're looking at an hour or so, to get the stainless filter 100% clean?

For my applications, an $8.00, 10 micron filter that I don't have to fuck with, beats a $125.00, 30 micron filter hands down.

JC
If it takes you any more than 5-10 minutes to clean a filter, you're doing it wrong. If you use solvents you should be able to dunk and swish. If you use compressed air, wrap it in a rag and blow the air through.. We do it all the time at work.

How long does it take you to drive to the store and back and wait at the parts counter? That's not to say you couldn't just buy a case of oil filters..
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote