Thread: Gixxers rule.
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2008, 07:03 PM   #10
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
I'm not a fan of the GSXR line mainly because of how their powerband felt to me and how uncomfortable they are(Not saying sportbikes are goldwings but I feel most cramped on a "Gixxer") to me. That's just me. Oh yeah. The 2008s look like they have a Tulip for a headlight. Seriously it looks like a flower.

Here's one thing I found funny. If you ask someone who rides say a 2006 GSX-1000R what they ride. They'll tell you they ride a "K6 Gixxer 1k". WTF? If I'm hearing this right K represents 1000 (Like $3k=$3,000). That tells me they ride a 1006 GSX-1000r(Talk about your vintage bikes).

Why can't they just say "I ride a GSXR1000/750/600"? You don't hear Kawasaki riders saying they have a "Zixxer 10" nor is a Honda rider going to hop on a "Cibber 600". Then damnit if you ride a "Yezfur 6". Or damn what if you ride a KTM. Do you ride a Kaytum?

Either way I don't care. I'm going to go hop on my 2k96 Cibber .6k efthree and do some mad wheelies after I go Sandal shopping at Hollister..
Seriously??!? I haven't heard of that - but then I hang with a different crowd. There, we refer to our bikes with numbers... 998, 749, 620, 1098... maybe the occasional M900

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote