View Single Post
Old 10-17-2008, 05:07 PM   #12
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
This brings back a memory. I was riding psychochild's rebel 250 through the gap and caught up to a gixxer 1000. He was a corner noob from florida and saw me behind him. He would gun it on the straights and I would about plow into him in the corners. I eventually got around him. He was not a happy camper about it. This brings up another point. As long as someone knows they are a straight line queen and gets out of the way for the faster rider, that is fine. People who straight line queen and will try to block on corners piss me off, especially since I don't race in any series and all my riding is for fun.

I think we mostly agree Trip. This whole thread is a fail,because it is putting down a rider who is just at a track day on his 1000. For all we know,he may have been on his first lap at that venue. He may be on street tires and the guy behind was on race tires. I might have been his first time on that bike. He may have been doing set-up laps. Maybe,he was one of the many boneheads that sign themselves in as "advanced" after their 3rd track day. Who knows?

Quite frankly,guys who think they are in a race during a track day is one of the many reasons I quit doing them. Assholes on 600s stuffing me in corners just to prove they could pass a liter bike always made me wanna go Aaron Yates on a motherfucker! Especially,after I had gotten taken out a couple times!!!