Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 10-18-2008, 12:28 PM   #1
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R
Default Pet talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
I don't have an entire day to dedicate. Today and possibly tomorrow I am going to dog breeders to look for a new pup.
My pup is sleeping...and occasionally will wake up and bark at absolutely nothing. He's being annoying today.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 09:25 AM   #2
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
My pup is sleeping...and occasionally will wake up and bark at absolutely nothing. He's being annoying today.
Picked up an 8 week old boxer yesterday. I'll post a thread when I get pics of hum.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 09:37 AM   #3
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Picked up an 8 week old boxer yesterday. I'll post a thread when I get pics of hum.
Nice. Can't wait to see him.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
Old 10-20-2008, 01:10 PM   #4
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

and here I was hoping to see pics of my old "Alma Mater" and this is what I get! Hahahaha...j/k. What kind of boxer btw?
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 01:18 PM   #5
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
and here I was hoping to see pics of my old "Alma Mater" and this is what I get! Hahahaha...j/k. What kind of boxer btw?
Fawn. I'll take pics of him tonight.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 01:20 PM   #6
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

My dog is staring me down right now. I have food and he wants it. Damn labs....all they care about is food and treats.

Quote:
Old 10-23-2008, 11:22 AM   #7
Quick281
Victim of Blazer Rapage

Moto: 06 GSXR 600

Just got home from 6 months in Alaska and Shadow hasn't stopped going ape shit since I walked in the door.

The companionship of a pet is really quite hard to beat. I have had cats and dogs and I love them both. Cats are somewhat more self entertained most of the time while dogs are really reliant on your daily care.

I have had Shadow (Full Jack Russell) for over 3 years and I have to say that he has been the best part of my life. I was warned that Jack Russells are very nervous dogs, VERY high energy and I has also been told by many people that they were very mean dogs. I would say the first year and half wasn't very fun because he was so energetic, he wouldn't ever chill out. I crate trained him and after about 2 years I started leaving the crate open at night and he has started sleeping on my bed at night. After 2 years he calmed down a town and has been nothing but easy after that. Great dog, but definitely not something I would recommend to anyone who is getting their first dog or looking for an easy dog to raise. Shadow isn't generally mean but there were times as he was growing up where we had Alpha male issues which involved lots of bitting and him spending lots of time in the bathroom with the lights off. His crate is his area of comfort so I always put him elsewhere when he was in trouble.

Ill shut up now, and spam photos.

My 06 GSXR 600 <-- Its Clickable Fools.
Quick281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 12:22 PM   #8
t-homo
WSB Champion

And what she really loves to do. She is actually mostly for duck/goose hunting, but will retrieve pretty much anything.

She stays outside, but comes inside quite a bit. Especially when it starts getting cold outside. It'd be mean to leave her inside all winter, then take her out goose hunting where she runs into the almost freezing water at full sprint.

Last edited by t-homo; 10-23-2008 at 12:24 PM..
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 02:03 PM   #9
Ducati Diva
just learning

Moto: 1996 M900

How do you praise your "good boy" for this????
Get up this morning, still not awake, and walk in to the living room where I am promptly greeted by Indy our husky/german shepard puppy. He is very excited. I walk around the chair and sqish step on something, look down and see something furry. I am blind as a bat w/o my contacts and remember I'm not awake yet. I think he has a wet toy or something from out side. I'll take it out in a minute as soon as I wake up. I sit down in the chair and he drops something elese in my lap (Still not awake) I get ready to throw the toy for him and feel squish. Huh? I look down and it's a f'n rabbit head!!! Yes the real head of what used to be a live rabbit. I'm awake Now!!! The squish around the was the back half of the rabbit. He was so proud and I was gagging. Not what you really want to wake up to. Needless to say the rabbit parts and him were quickly thrown outside. He couldn't figure out why mommy wasn't pleased with him. YUCK!!
Ducati Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 02:33 PM   #10
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

T-Rock...it's crazy how similar our dogs look.

Quote: