Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 09-14-2009, 12:02 PM   #1
neebelung
Ornery, scandalous & evil

Moto: 2004 Scarlet R1
Angry Farking banana spiders!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If there's one thing I could change about Florida (well, other than hurricanes ) it's the fuckin banana spiders! :nilly: Holy shit!!!!! In the last couple weeks, our yard is chock-full of them! One particularly massive bitch has built her web-of-steel just outside our 3rd bedroom/office window (which is where I spend the better part of my day these days). She's been there for a week now, and she's literally getting bigger by the day! We had a huge storm the other night, and I was suuuuuuure it would dislodge her web, and I'd be free of my little 8-legged-voyeur, but nooooooo - she's still there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Right now, she's trying to incorporate a partcicularly long blade of grass into her web - an arachnid tiki hut in the plans maybe?

At press time, one of our cats is sitting on the windowsill, MESMERIZED by the huge yellow and black beast from hell.

FAAACCKKKKKKK!!!!!!
neebelung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 12:37 PM   #2
AquaPython
put it THIS way

at least its not a camel spider...

btw banana's may be freaky looking, but coming across 3 black widow's and there egg sacks (about to pop out 100+ each) on your patio is an even scarier arachnid encounter here in the sunshine state.
Old 09-14-2009, 06:50 PM   #3
Digifox
Cl4p-Trap

Moto: Your mom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaPython View Post
at least its not a camel spider...

btw banana's may be freaky looking, but coming across 3 black widow's and there egg sacks (about to pop out 100+ each) on your patio is an even scarier arachnid encounter here in the sunshine state.

Thats worse then finding one of these on your door at night

Old 09-14-2009, 12:44 PM   #4
neebelung

Are camel spiders those humongous things you see pics of from out in the desert in the middle east? In that case, YES, at least it's not one of those.

I can't say I've ever run across a black widow (let alone a triad of them) and their spawn... so yes, again, glad it's not one of those either.

STILL, Um, less than thrilled at this spider the size of a friggin... well... big ass spider just outside my window all day long.
Old 09-14-2009, 12:46 PM   #5
BobTheBiker
too much time on my hands

Moto: 01 ZX6R, looking for more now.

starting fluid+blowtorch=black widow death. spiders freak me the fuck out. to the point where if I see a large one, I'll find the largest and most likely to kill it object I can just to make sure I kill when I heave it.
BobTheBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 12:49 PM   #6
neebelung

I'm right there with ya... the last massive one we had in the yard (in an area where it just had to die, cus she was stringing up her web across the front of our house ), took an entire can of spider spray AND a swift beating with a broom handle before she finally died. Stubborn ass things!! If this one wasn't mere inches from the house, I'd try to light her (but I don't wanna burn the house down in the process )
Old 09-14-2009, 12:54 PM   #7
unknownroad
Guys... where *are* we?

Moto: SV650 Interstate, CX500 rat-bobber, whatever else runs.

I'll take a yardfull of banana spiders over fire ants
Old 09-14-2009, 12:56 PM   #8
neebelung

Hmmm... tough choice there. Fireants seem easier to kill (mind you, I'm nursin a nasty fireant bite on my foot from last week, but it's better than the heart attack I'd have had if I walked into a banana spider web )
Old 09-14-2009, 02:59 PM   #9
defector
My balls, your chin

Moto: 929, SV650, YZ250

Quote:
Originally Posted by neebelung View Post
but it's better than the heart attack I'd have had if I walked into a banana spider web )
Nothing funnier than seeing somebody walk into a spider web from a distance. The "holy shit, what the fuck is that" dance is hilarious.
defector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 01:09 PM   #10
HurricaneHeather
AMA Supersport

Moto: '98 Honda Fireblade

Pics?

We had a brown recluse spider set up shop on the Honda this weekend. It got sprayed with a lot of WD-40 and we can only hope he died somewhere we can find him later. He climbed down in the spark plug hole, the little fugger.
HurricaneHeather is offline   Reply With Quote